Freezing

Vilge Duin

So yeah, twice now the games frozen on my girlfriend whilst playing. Once running from the police and once during a cabaret show...

Anyone else have the problem at all?

Looking into it, seems a lot of PS3 (and a fair few 360 too it seems) owners have experienced it with numerous possibilities (cache overloading, something to do with online, etc.) And Rockstar apparently has been swamped with calls. It seems to primarily occur during the single player game from what I've been reading.

on the 360, got stuck while retrying a mission (after the text message, when it needs to load). I just went back to the dashboard and entered the game again. No problems since.

Likewise, it wasn't the Hung Out To Dry mission was it? Cause that got stuck for ages on "loading" for me the first time around (like, 5 mins, I just fannied around in the guide while I was waiting and it suddenly loaded), then I failed the mission and went to retry it and thought "oh shit, this might not work this time", took less time the second time round though.

But that's the only issue I've had thusfar, no freezing or game ending crashes.

Its only frozen once and that was right after the first mission, I take a quick look at the achivement and bam, But thats the only problem i've had so far.

on the 360, got stuck while retrying a mission (after the text message, when it needs to load). I just went back to the dashboard and entered the game again. No problems since.

Likewise, it wasn't the Hung Out To Dry mission was it? Cause that got stuck for ages on "loading" for me the first time around (like, 5 mins, I just fannied around in the guide while I was waiting and it suddenly loaded), then I failed the mission and went to retry it and thought "oh shit, this might not work this time", took less time the second time round though.

But that's the only issue I've had thusfar, no freezing or game ending crashes.

In fact, I believe it was. I didn't wait the whole 5 minutes, I thought it had just frozen. So I exited.

Fucking Hung Out To Dry mission! Did it to me too! I was sitting there, "Didn't they say loading times would take less than 30 seconds?"

*2 mins later*

"....fuck this!"

Reset, go back to the mission, 2 seconds later I get the cut scene.

Apparently it's been a problem with some of the early copies of the game:

http://kotaku.com/385183/rockstar-support-...ze-fix-in-sight