Iron Man The Official Thread

Guest strongarm85

You'll want to stay after the end credits of The Incredible Hulk too.

Awesome movie. I expected it to be a good film, I wasn't expecting it to be THAT damn good. The effects were great, it had a stellar cast, and Robert Downey Jr. IS Tony Stark.

Oh and that thing after the credits was fucking awesome, even though it had been spoiled by Newsarama for me some time ago.

If I had to name a complaint, it was that Favreau's Happy Hogan wasn't in enough of the movie. Otherwise it was so good. I am going to go see it again in theatres no doubt.

Also, I'm fucking pissed off I didn't stay until after the end credits :angry:
I don't get why people don't stay to the end of the credits for every movie. It seems more movies are putting in extra scenes, from what I can see.

Unless you're in a hurry, like you're a paramedic at a drive-in, but then remembered you've still got a guy in the back...

Saw it.

Loved it.

It's quite obvious that Robert Downey Jr. is the perfect Tony Stark and is surprising (reality says it's not considering his past) that Favreau apparently had to fight for Downey to be the man. I don't know, I guess I just couldn't really imagine anybody else being him or something.

But yeah, I was slightly pessimistic about the movie for awhile, questioning whether or not it was actually going to be good or not but it was clear that once I read the first couple of reviews that it was going to be a good movie. And it turned out better than I expected.

And being someone who usually doesn't find her all that attractive, Gwyneth Paltrow was smokin'.

FUCK that movie was incredible. Absolutely amazing movie, Downey, as many have said, IS Tony Stark. They set everything up perfectly for a sequel, Nick Fury's appearance had me flipping out, and just... Christ, they did so WELL. That seriously was one of, by far, the best superhero movies ever made.

Marvel really has perfected their game with these movies on their characters. I'm extremely excited about the next one. Just... all in all, an excellent movie that I really, really want to see again.

You'll want to stay after the end credits of The Incredible Hulk too.

Awesome movie. I expected it to be a good film, I wasn't expecting it to be THAT damn good. The effects were great, it had a stellar cast, and Robert Downey Jr. IS Tony Stark.

I couldn't have said it better myself. It really is an amazing movie. The right mix of political undercurrent, hilarious quips, and amazing fantasy. Oh, and it made me love Gwyneth Paltrow again, which I thought was nigh on impossible to do. Great flick. I don't know how The Dark Knight can top this.

I think the Dark Knight will easily top it. But Iron Man will be a very close 2nd. Atleast that's what I think.

Yeah, the cast for Dark Knight might just topple the cast of Iron Man alone and has the advantage of no longer being a full-on origin story. But it's damn close. I think Downey realized his character better than Bale did Batman in the first flick. The visual effects scenes were superb on Iron Man, whereas as much as I love Nolan, he's a very questionable action scene director. I remember the disorienting fight scenes in Batman Begins as a decent example of that.

Also, I'm fucking pissed off I didn't stay until after the end credits :angry:
I don't get why people don't stay to the end of the credits for every movie. It seems more movies are putting in extra scenes, from what I can see.

Unless you're in a hurry, like you're a paramedic at a drive-in, but then remembered you've still got a guy in the back...

The friend I was going with had to get up early because of work, so I thought "what the hell". I usually tend to stick around.

The first early estimates for Iron Man Friday North America box office are starting to come in, and according to the tracking website BoxOfficeGuru.com, the film took in an estimated $33 million dollars in its opening frame ($38.5m when you add in the Thursday evening tally) seemingly putting it on pace to meet or even exceed some of more optimistic full weekend estimates.

The opening gives Iron Man the second largest first-day debut for a non-sequel in box office history, trailing only the $39.4m the original Spider-Man took in, although that of course was in 2002 ticket price dollars.

Iron Man could score $85-90M over the full weekend and $90-95M when adding in Thursday's grosses, according to BoxOfficeGuru.com.

The rub for superhero and genre movies is always its legs, however, or how is performs in the coming weeks after the core fan-base sees it opening weekend. With very favorable critical response and strong fan word-of-mouth, Iron Man may be poised to perform relatively strongly for a comic book based film, although it will be facing stiff competition with Speed Racer and the latest Indiana Jones installment both bowing this month as well.

Did anyone else spot the Tom Morello cameo?

I didn't. I spotted the obvious Favreau one, but not Morello. :(

He was the very first insurgent/captor that Stark hit with the original Iron Man suit.