Random Characters *possible spoilers*

I ordered the Strategy guide or walk through book whatever you want to call it with the game because I like to try and get 100% completion on the GTA games, though I don't think I've ever succeeded. The book arrived a few days after the game so I've only just taken a glance and apparently by now I should have met two "Random Characters" some fella called Brian who's lurking outside the cab office and Badman. Now I've seen Badman in some of my missions but that's it.

It says a little icon appears on the map for them, but this hasn't happened for me.

Has any one seen them and done their missions? Or does anyone know why I haven't?

Just thought I'd ask, cheers.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've met Brian, purely by chance, and I've done his missions. Once I knew what the icon was, I bumped into a guy called Pathos in the uh, times square place.

I haven't seen Badman outside of the cutscenes with Jacob though.

Is Brian the one who gives you $100? Then you meet him again and have to do a mission for him? I did that quite early. Then today I ran into Hossan and did something for him.

Met Brian first outside the cab office when he gave me $100 then the next two times were a street or two away from your first safe house. The only others i have encountered were Badman i want to say in Dukes or near Steinway somewhere but i can't really remember and Pathos at Star Junction.

You only see the icon if you are near them i believe and it is completely at random hence random characters.

Edited by Stormshadow

Yeah, I ran into Brian twice and then that Hossan fellow in Algonquin. Not sure if there are any more. Would be cool if you could just wander around and encounter some people like that. Kind of like the favours and such in Bully.

The icon is only noticeable if you're in the area they're already in, looks like a little greyed out men's room icon.

I saw the Brian one, checked the map and it said "Friend" or something. Since I was going to pick up Roman I thought it meant him. So now that I'm in Algonquin have a completely missed my chance to do it?

I'm hoping you can go and do them, otherwise I've missed them too. I guess I've missed them since I don't drive around much I tend to hail cabs all the time to save me crashing through the windscreen of whichever car i've lost control of recently.

You can do them whenever. I met Mel, and had to clear out a bunch of gangsters and died (because I didn't have much help, wasn't expecting to get in a firefight). Thought I'd blown it, but a day or so later I was in the same area and he popped up again. I've now spoken to Mel, Brian twice, and Badman.

I saw the Brian one, checked the map and it said "Friend" or something. Since I was going to pick up Roman I thought it meant him. So now that I'm in Algonquin have a completely missed my chance to do it?

Yeah, whenever you see "Friend" on the map, that means the Random Character, rather than Roman or Jacob or anyone else. I actually restarted after three or four missions because I hadn't seen Brian, and noticed the icon purely by accident.

Spoilers about the random characters achievement.

Several of the random characters are people you decided not to kill. I know Ivan is one, so is that girl from the Ruff Rider mission from Dwayne.

True

I read that after I already killed Ivan annoyingly. Didn't kick his fingers I capped him in the head as he was dangling