I need music

PkmnTrainerJ

- The Bronx - The Bronx (The second record, since both of their first two records are called The Bronx...that said, that's a bit more gritty than maybe you want.)

- Black Lips - Good Bad Not Evil (Same sort of thing, but I'd imagine a great record to booze it up.)

- Be Your Own Pet - any of their stuff, as both the self-titled and Get Awkward are fun punky records that don't take themselves seriously.

Haha, Pitchfork Punk. >_< Well besides The Bronx. The Bronx are fucking harsh, although I'm all about their first record. I also like BYOP but they are the epitomy of indie-whores playing punk tunes. :shifty:

I'll add more later (I'm thinking Singer/Songwriter/Men, Alt-Rock and Indie-Rock), but I'm hungover as fuck and have work in 2 hours.

Yeah. But at least I'm not huge on the other bands with Black in the title, like Black Kids for instance.

And BYOP were destined to sound like indie-whores playing punk tunes, what with being signed on that Sonic Youth guy's label.

most of the stuff i listen to has been suggested already

but you might try

Madina Lake

Envy on the coast

Bayside

and even though its been suggested

No Use For A Name their latest album is one of their best.. its a mixture of everything they have recorded and a big change from the softer melodic, political album Keep them confused.

- The Bronx - The Bronx (The second record, since both of their first two records are called The Bronx...that said, that's a bit more gritty than maybe you want.)

- Black Lips - Good Bad Not Evil (Same sort of thing, but I'd imagine a great record to booze it up.)

- Be Your Own Pet - any of their stuff, as both the self-titled and Get Awkward are fun punky records that don't take themselves seriously.

Haha, Pitchfork Punk. >_< Well besides The Bronx. The Bronx are fucking harsh, although I'm all about their first record. I also like BYOP but they are the epitomy of indie-whores playing punk tunes. :shifty:

I'll add more later (I'm thinking Singer/Songwriter/Men, Alt-Rock and Indie-Rock), but I'm hungover as fuck and have work in 2 hours.

Yeah. But at least I'm not huge on the other bands with Black in the title, like Black Kids for instance.

And BYOP were destined to sound like indie-whores playing punk tunes, what with being signed on that Sonic Youth guy's label.

I hope one of the Black Keys kicks you in the nuts.

How about Lostprophets? Earlier stuff is heavier, later stuff leans towards pop more. Fake Sound Of Progress and Last Train Home are their most well known I'd say (well, Rooftops too). Last Summer is a great summer song too since it's around that time of year.

Edited by Scott McFly

HYPERACTIVE WHEN I WAS SMALL,

HYPERACTIVE NOW I'M GROWN,

HYPERACTIVE AND THE NIGHT IS YOUUUUNNG (AND IN A MINUTE I'LL BLOW :angry: )

Dolby's ace.

Also J, you may like Halifax. I've got the one album, The Inevitability of a Strange World, it's kinda hit and miss, but Our Revolution, Snow in Hollywood, Nightmare, Hey Italy and Under fire and pretty good. They did a pretty good cover of Paula Abdul's Straight Up as well (and the breakdown in Snow in hollywood would segue perfectly into a cover of 867-5309).

Gatsbys American Dream are alright too, but I dunno enough to recommend particular albums or tracks.

How about Lostprophets? Earlier stuff is heavier, later stuff leans towards pop more. Fake Sound Of Progress and Last Train Home are their most well known I'd say (well, Rooftops too). Last Summer is a great summer song too since it's around that time of year.

I :wub: Lostprophets stuff from Fake Sound Of Progress to their current stuff. Just not got any of their music atm. Also thought I have to get some Sugarcult too.

Also J, you may like Halifax. I've got the one album, The Inevitability of a Strange World, it's kinda hit and miss, but Our Revolution, Snow in Hollywood, Nightmare, Hey Italy and Under fire and pretty good. They did a pretty good cover of Paula Abdul's Straight Up as well (and the breakdown in Snow in hollywood would segue perfectly into a cover of 867-5309).

Gatsbys American Dream are alright too, but I dunno enough to recommend particular albums or tracks.

Halifax, I'm sure someone sent me a song by them yesterday, so I'll check it out later. (Y)

Once again, cheers for the recommendations. Working through and reading them all. Just trying to obtain them all someway.

I hope one of the Black Keys kicks you in the nuts.

I never could get into the Black Keys that much. They're talented, but not the type of group that I'd adore.