Can Anybody Suggest Some Bands To Get Into?

Fire Storm

Recently I've been stuck in a little bubble of Metal/Alternative/Hard Rock, that kind of stuff and since I love almost all kinds of music (I have Mika on my iPod... :shifty: ) I want to stretch my boundaries a little. Here's my current favourite bands to help give people the general idea of the kind of music I'm into:

Avenged Sevenfold

Velvet Revolver

Queens of the Stone Age

Rock Kills Kid

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Metallica

It's a really mixed kind of list, but the only types of music I can't listen to are: Dance/Techno and Emoy shit. Cheers in advance to anybody willing to suggest anything.

you may like

Rise Against

Rides Again

I'm going to suggest a completely different path, this is more towards the Metallica side, this is the band Jayson Newsted came from, http://youtube.com/watch?v=u42DcO-M9wg, this is newer stuff as I cannot find any youtube videos of older stuff that you can actually hear.

I used to listen to A7X but I got more into Power and Viking Metal, so maybe the same could work for you, here are some of my favorites, youtube isn't a great source for most of this, I can't really find anything. The top of my list is Human Fortress, followed closely by Iron Fire, Kamelot, Firewind, Hammerfall, Helloween, Spellblast and Primal Fear. Don't be turned off by the names, thinking they are going to be super heavy with deep, throaty vocals, the singing is actually spectacular.

I doubt such an albums exists but their newest EP holds a 30 minute track entitled Tulimyrsky. But long and stylish songs is a trend when it comes to Moonsorrow. Luckily, Moonsorrow are very adapt at making long and storytelling melodies and songs.

EDIT: But if you are interested in getting into listening to Moonsorrow, pick up Voimasta Ja Kunniasta. It is a great album, from top to bottom it kicks ass.

You proved me wrong. Viides Luku - Hävitetty holds only two songs that lasts roughly at about 30 minutes. I have got to have that one. <_<

Edited by SRN

Guest sinof82

Considering you like Metallica, you should enjoy Megadeth...they sound pretty identical. And then of course Motorhead along those same lines.

Then, since you like metal, I would suggest: Dope, Makeshift Romeo (not as hard), Chimaira, Lollipop Lust Kill, Six Feet Under, Cannibal Corpse, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson, Mushroomhead...dude, I could go on. But let's start there.