Lego: Batman

Crybaby Bunting

Lego_batman_boxart_xbox360.jpg

So yeah Lego and Batman, together... in a game that's most likely NOT going to suck. I don't think it could get much better than this.

The team behind this also did the amazing Lego: Star Wars and the meh Lego: Indiana Jones (note: I don't see how they could have bettered it based on movies based around a solo character), so with so many potential characters at their disposal it's unlikely they're gonna have to use recycled Star Wars/Indy characters (although I wouldn't mind if they did)

Currently Argos are selling Preordering it at the cheapest price atm with both the PS3 and 360 version for £35 each and the Wii version for £30

So anyone else stoked for this

Edited by The General

I would've put down money on it in a second after I watched the Dark Knight and then I remembered that I had saw the cover and Robin was on it.... I think I only REALLY like Nolan's universe and then the more modern works... I have a feeling the game isn't going to have that tone based on the way that the other games have used childish humor.. but eh. It's going to be a maybe for me.

• 2 months later...

The fact that no one has talked about Lego Batman is a travesty. This game is wonderful. WONDERFUL I TELL YOU.

Miles better than the other Lego games so far, and I've only finished the first story.

I wanted to say something but i've been too busy on it.

Spent around 15 hours on the game over the weekend after an amazon order inexplainably arrives two weeks before it's estimated time.

It's fucking brilliant and some of the puzzles are mindnumbingly difficult on your first try, maybe less hard than Braid and on repeat playings it'll be easier but hey it's proving it's worth while i spend ages trying to figre out something really simple.

Anyone played the DS version? Since it's a over a tenner cheaper than the 360 version (which is quite cheap anyway) I'm fairly tempted if it's any good.

Have both. DS version has no action sequences, just little comic book style snapshots pre/post levels. The levels are the same (though you go through different sections sometimes) for both hero/villain. Only advantage on freeplay for 360 is that all suits that you've unlocked are available (regardless of whether they are in that level or not). The only levels that are a little confusing are the chase levels (batmobile, boat, and batwing chase scenes -- 3rd level on each) since they use both screens on the DS.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a bump, but what the hell, I just got this on Tuesday and have been playing it at every opportunity on the PSP.

Sweet Jesus this may be the most purely fun game I've played in a long, long time. I know it's premature to say this, but it's currently up there with Super Smash Bros, GTA and Burnout as one of the most fun little time-wasters in my gaming collection. The puzzles range from mind-boggling to simple-yet-hard-enough-to-make-me-feel-smart. The graphics are pretty superb (especially for the PSP, I'm quite surprised how good the graphics are on this thing!), the story is fun, and there's enough different arcs to keep me interested and there's a great replayability factor. I've already found myself replaying earlier levels to try and get all the mini-kits and hostages and whatnot. Playing as the baddies is where it gets really fun, and although all the different Batman/Robin suits are great, controlling people's minds as The Riddler or throwing cars around as Clayface may never get old.

All in all this game is wonderfully fun. It is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

I'm sort of disappointed that the game looks to be ending soon, I'm at 85% and only need to go round collecting the power kits now. It's a short ish game but like Lego: Star Wars it's likely going to end up on my shelf for some party games rather than get traded in.

Oh and I think it wins for having a 2D platformer level :D