Cycling Managers?

Tits McGee

If you don't know much about cycling, it's a steep learning curve. I got 09 the other week and I don't have a clue what I'm doing. But, I think you can build a team quite nicely because the management side of it's pretty cool. And theres pretty colours in the 3D races.

Yeah, 'cause you're so smart you missed the parenthesis keys and hit the asterisk instead.

:lol:

I love the word parenthesis

Why can't we just call them brackets? Are we giant literary fags or something?

If we call parenthesis brackets, what are we going to call brackets?

Just realised this is in response to something from four years ago >_>

If you don't know much about cycling, it's a steep learning curve. I got 09 the other week and I don't have a clue what I'm doing. But, I think you can build a team quite nicely because the management side of it's pretty cool. And theres pretty colours in the 3D races.

Depends how you'd define knowing much about cycling. I know the main teams and races, probably 60-100 riders and roles such as domestiques, sprinters, GC riders and lead-out men, but any more than that and I'd struggle a bit. Having played an 06 demo I get the feeling that the level of detail could be about right for me, but no doubt that's been improved along with other things.

Yeah, 'cause you're so smart you missed the parenthesis keys and hit the asterisk instead.

We can't call brackets parenthesis anyway. The plural is parentheses.

... :shifty:

• Like 1

If you like cycling it's a really great series to play, if you're not that much into it you will have a hard time understanding it. About the multiple season part, every race takes some time to play, is not like football manager, so you won't play a season in a day... But it can get really enjoyable to build up a team to your style. Just don't try too much some "LLM" type of game because most small teams have budgets too low for you not to get game over because of it.

The PS3/360 Tour de France games aren't so good. The manager games on the PSP were ok, mostly because they were short so you could hammer through a few seasons over the space of a week or two on commutes.

On PC they're pretty indepth and a race can last for aaaaages if you run it on standard speed. They're wonderful games though. Brilliant. If you don't fully understand tactics, strategy and so on then you'll struggle a bit though. Also, you don't have total control of your riders as such. You can tell them what you WANT them to do but they may be low on energy, or boxed in or suck at what you're trying to get them to do (sprint, or attack up a mountain for example) and won't be able to do it. It's great though, the newer ones capture the feel very well.

Just realised that you guys had to put up with THAT, Sorry guys. >_>

With the tour being on now I've been thinking about throwing my bargain bin copy in but the learning curve always daunted me.

Depends how you'd define knowing much about cycling. I know the main teams and races, probably 60-100 riders and roles such as domestiques, sprinters, GC riders and lead-out men, but any more than that and I'd struggle a bit. Having played an 06 demo I get the feeling that the level of detail could be about right for me, but no doubt that's been improved along with other things.

Translation: "I know a fair bit more than most people that aren't hammy and I feel like bragging" :P

We can't call brackets parenthesis anyway. The plural is parentheses.

... :shifty:

Came in here to do just that. Fuck you TEOL :@