Old TV Shows that you like

LexChaney

Home to Roost

I've been watching a lot of the episodes of this show on ITV 3 in the last few days. I love the relationship with John Thaw who plays the father and Reece Dinsdale who plays his son. You can tell that the father doesn't want his son to be at home with him, I also think the son has the same feelings.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet

Jimmy Nail may have managed to steal this TV Show, but I also Gary Holton managed to make a mark before his death. The show does show what life was like with the unemployed England at the time and how people had to go about making money, a lot like Boys from the Blackstuff.

On the Buses

You can't be this classic sitcom from years ago, Arthur and Blakey are the main reasons to watch this clever comedy.

Edit: I missed put (s) in the title, thats with bloody posting when the phone went. <_<

Edited by Lex Luther

Allo Allo

Even though it's quite old, whenever i see it, it still has it's charm. The whole idea of a chubby french womanising bloke in the time of the resistance who has a crazy mother in law, i mean, how can you not like it?

Fawlty Towers

Absolutely genius show - love John Cleese he just has a classy wit and the cast is great with some many bit characters in it that also adds to its charm such as the Major. "Evening Fawlty". Manuel is an absolute legend. My two favorite episodes would have to be "Basil the Rat" where Manuel gets a "Siberian Hamster" that is actually, well you know. and stems off such lines as "YOU PUT BASIL IN THE RATATOUILLE". If you've never seen it, it's a must watch.

Thin Blue Line

I'm not a massive Ben Elton fan but Rowan Atkinson was pretty class in this. Well if you get past your head that one of the characters is the campest man alive yet he's pretending to be straight. It's not laugh out loud funny but it's easy going and pretty amusing

Father Ted

This is an all time classic. With such classic episodes as the Eurovision song contest with "My lovely horse" and other classic episodes where they have all the rabbits and Father Jack spins off the line "RATS! HAIRY JAPANESE BASTARDS!". Brilliant cast in this with so many little gems in the episodes. Totally up there.

Only Fools and Horses

Don't really need to say much about this as you all know it. Absolute classic. I did like the Grandad episodes but i think the show stepped up a gear when Uncle Albert came into it. Such a great cast and some classic lines. Makes the green green grass of home which is on today look like crap on a stick imo!

anywho, looking forward to seeing what you else like

Phoenix Nights

Two brilliant and funny series shame that it's not on TV anymore and i'd rather see Petey Kay do another season of Phoenix Nights than Max and Paddy

Father Ted was 1995-1998. Ten years ago is kind of old I guess, but I'd say you should go at least 20 for it to really count.

With that in mind: Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister is absolute excellence.

In that case: Young Ones, Friday Night Armistace, Lee and Herring, The Adam and Joe Show, The New Statesman, Drop the Dead Donkey, Only Fools and Horses, Fawlty Towers... Quite a few.

Waiting for God

Keeping Up Appearances

Fawlty Towers (please tell me you in the U.K. weren't forced to suffer through the American remake featuring John Larroquette - I wish I hadn't been)

Vicar of Dibly

We get some British comedies on PBS (Public television, which is funded by grants and public donations (meaning they do telethons every once in a while) rather than by advertising ,meaning they don't air commercials, but do mention sponsors briefly at the end of some shows) and those are my favorites out of what have been aired so far. (Keeping Up Appearances is one of my favorite comedies, period)

`Allo `Allo I just couldn't get into, and I can't believe ANYONE liked Last of the Summer Wine - one of the worst tv shows I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

I can't believe Last of the Summer Wine is still going.

Yeesh. That shit is still going on? I saw part of an episode (couldn't bear to sit through the whole thing) a year or two back on PBS and I honestly think I'd rather watch paint dry or grass grow.

They also have aired As Time Goes By on PBS, but I'm not sure if its been off the air long enough to qualify as `old'.

Yeah, its something like the world's longest running sitcom, I swear the only reason it still goes on is to continually extend that record.

I used to like As Time Goes By in a way, I think I probably saw the vast majority of them when they aired, though I've never wanted to re-watch them. Then again, if one were on TV and I had nothing else to do I'd probably watch it.

I actually have to agree, I thought Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego was cool (Anyone remember the video game that was out for the PC) and so was Red Dwarf. That was pretty classic.

Count Duckula and Transformers should also get some mention :|