GAME's greatest games of all time

PkmnTrainerJ

Agreed. Oblivion is vastly superior. It's massive, enormous, utterly addicting.

Personally I think the list is horrible but for totally different reasons as a lot of people - though glad to see Sensible Soccer in the mix cos it is actually the best sports game by quite some distance.

Anyway yeah EWB top 100 - Zero, people vote for top ten and you can use one of three scoring methods:

a) straight forward 1st-10pts to 10th-1pt.

b) straight forward multiplied by the number of voters - meaning two people voting a game 5pts will get more points than one person voting it 10pts.

c) 1st=4pts, 2/3rd=3pts, 4th-6th=2pts, 7th-10th=1pt.

c is my favourite but I know the band top 100 is done using b.

I prefer c cos you still LOVE a game if it's top 10 so the point difference shouldn't be so big. It cuts down some on "tactical" voting (Eurovision take note) and it means that you don't have to spend ages wondering which of the two games you like almost the same should be second and which one third cos they get the same points.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Agreed. Oblivion is vastly superior. It's massive, enormous, utterly addicting.

Personally I think the list is horrible but for totally different reasons as a lot of people - though glad to see Sensible Soccer in the mix cos it is actually the best sports game by quite some distance.

Fuck that noise, NHLPA '93 syas hi. And gets the gate for 5 minutes for beating the everlasting piss out of your topdown kickyballo game.

Edited by Dragsy

Guitar Hero III is 39.

Rock Band isn't on the list.

The game that 80% the people who bought it never finished out of frustration brought on by retardedly difficult note charts and stupid boss battles ranked 39.

The game that evolved the music game genre to a whole new plateau beyond Guitar Hero and has the best downloadable content of any music game ever didn't even make the list.

Seriously, what the hell?

Guitar Hero III is 39.

Rock Band isn't on the list.

The game that 80% the people who bought it never finished out of frustration brought on by retardedly difficult note charts and stupid boss battles ranked 39.

The game that evolved the music game genre to a whole new plateau beyond Guitar Hero and has the best downloadable content of any music game ever didn't even make the list.

Seriously, what the hell?

To be fair, Rock Band has only been out about a month or so here.

I still think Guitar Hero 1 should've been on their as it was the one that started, and IMO had the better songs that 2, but that had better technique (HOPO actually working etc.) and more songs.

Bot hang on 3 games that were/are considered some of the greatest when they were released aren't on their either: Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City & San Andreas? Only GTA 4 is on there?

I'd say the same method used for the 100 bands would be best, that or option B.

Guest PinkandBlack84

even though the list is pretty good its wrong to comply a list like that and totally over look older formatted games which brought so much fun to gamers in the past. Of course the list is really good but games like Super Mario Bros, MArios Bros 3, Super Mario World, Zelda: A link to the past, Contra, Gradius, Sonic The Hedgehog etc... which imo deserve to be higher.