Motörhead's new album - Motörizer

I Don't Mind

Stumbled upon Motörhead's myspace the other day and saw they had a new album that just came out. Up until recently they had about six of their new songs from the album on their myspace, one of which can still be heard, though it's a mix of them talking and them singing. Wiki gives this as the track listing:

1. "Runaround Man"

2. "(Teach You How To) Sing the Blues"

3. "When the Eagle Screams"

4. "Rock Out"

5. "One Short Life"

6. "Buried Alive"

7. "English Rose"

8. "Back on the Chain"

9. "Heroes"

10. "Time is Right"

11. "The Thousand Names of God"

And apparently #4 - Rock out, is the theme for this year's Unforgiven, but listening to Runaround Man, it's catchy as fuck. I'd definitely prefer more advertising for Runaround Man than Rock Out. I guess you can hear the entire album in full on Last.fm, though I don't visit there much, so I'm not entirely sure. I'm hoping this album becomes a big success because it's all kinds of badass

Edited by Inner D Monz

The last couple of 'head albums have been quality, especially since the disaster that was Hammered. While I'd like to see them change it up a little more a la 1916, they are one of the few bands that can get away with re-treading the same ground over and over again, a practice I normally detest, simply because Lemmy's just so bloody good at it. Haven't heard the full album yet, but what I have heard of it is good classic Motorhead stuff, but doesn't sound dated. Class.

I'm not really a Motorhead fan, but I fought I may as well give it a listen via Lastfm. I must say, it's a total no-bullshit album. "When The Eagle Screams" has got one hell of a riff to it. The main part of the album I dislike is, and I can't remember the song name, where Lemmy sings without any music at the start of the track. His really isn't a voice that should be sung with no music.

I believe that's English Rose. That song is like Animals by Nickleback, retold in a far, far more badass way by a far, far more badass narrator.

Especially because in Lemmy's case, he probably lived that experience several times in his life. :shifty:

Fucking amazing album. Rock Out does exactly what it says on the tin

On to Motorhead..whats the name of the song where theres like a blues type feel to it and a harmonica playing throughout?