ELVIS

IDOL

Having become totally tired of the music that's played on tv and the radio, I've spent the last couple of days going back in time and discovering music that I'd never really given much thought to or particularly paid much attention to. My Grandmother is a HUGE fan of Elvis, and with him being so far before my time I'd never given his music much of a listen to. But alas, I've been listening to it, and totally digging it lately. "Suspicious Minds," and "Always on my Mind" are my two favorites thus far. For anyone else who digs Elvis what other songs of his are worth giving a listen to?

Edited by IDOL

He's got some good songs, but I much prefer them when they're covered by other artists. Gavin Rossdale did an acoustic version of Suspicious Minds that was just amazing.

My dad is a huge fan, so I've had to put up with Elvis my entire life. I'm not talking just music either... he's got an entire room full of Elvis stuff, and more littering the house. Life size standups, all his movies, bingo dabbers, guitar straps, pepsi bottles, wine, shirts, Elvis jumpsuits, one of the guy's fucking flight records, and a whole bunch of other shit I can't be bothered to list.

Needless to say, I can appreciate the talent the guy had, but I cringe whenever I hear his songs. Other artists covering him though, I'm okay with.

Elvis was a hero to most, but he never meant shit to me. :shifty:

I never minded his stuff. He had a great team of songwriters around him and his stuff's definitely good pop music. Was never keen on his voice, but the guy definitely had talent and moreso appeal.

I like a fair deal of his stuff, his rendition of America The Beautiful is awesome.

Oh, and fun fact: My grandma and great-Aunt are both Elvis lovers, and my great-Aunt got to dance with him once when they were younger.

Speaking of the room full of Elvis stuff, my Grandmother has practically every vinyl record the guy had, as well as a painted bust that also served as a lamp, and countless paintings. Broke her heart to part with some of that stuff when they moved.

Speaking of the room full of Elvis stuff, my Grandmother has practically every vinyl record the guy had, as well as a painted bust that also served as a lamp, and countless paintings. Broke her heart to part with some of that stuff when they moved.

We've moved three or four times in the last ten years... and there are always more boxes of elvis stuff than there are for the rest of the house. He won't get rid of anything, and he's absolutely dreading the day he dies, because he knows that neither my sister or I are interested in keeping so much of it around.

To a collector, it's great shit... but to a non-fan, I look at it, and see a bunch of garbage that I could get some decent money for.