24 members have voted

1. 1. Best War Games?

• Entry #1
    • Entry #2
    • Entry #3
    • Entry #4
    • Entry #5
    • Entry #6

It's simple. We don't need a backstory, we don't need promos, none of that. What we need is one kind of match, one that doesn't get seen all that much around these parts.

War Games.

If you come from under a rock, it's two teams of five in a double-ring match, both rings covered by one cage. One man from each team starts, and every five minutes (if anyone would like to correct me on the interval, please do, but Wiki did not specify), one team gets another man in the match. Once all ten are in, a team needs to get one of their opponents to submit to win.

We can go straight fantasy on this one, as two teams from different eras may compete...but each team must consist of wrestlers from the same time period. So, the 1986 Four Horsemen (plus Lex Luger) could face the HHH/X-Pac/New Age Outlaws/Chyna vintage of D-X, but no throwing Magnum TA and the Undertaker, for example, on the same team.

Entries will close this Friday afternoon, and I'll choose 12 competitors then. Deadline for entries will be September 26th. If you're in between diaries and have never had a chance to do War Games, here's a chance to practice.

Edited by Sinistarr

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that War Games is bolded up there and I went to the trouble of explaining the War Games rules seems like a pretty good explanation to me.

So, yes, signups are going on for anyone who wants to write a War Games match.

For some reason, I'm remembering the time interval being as such:

First two men went at it for 5 minutes .... then, the first person came in. After that, they came in every two minutes.

A quick check and the 1998 WarGames tells me I'm correct.

Edited by HailtotheKing

Sorry, I meant do we have to reveal the teams that we want to include? Or do we just say... "I'm in."

*cough*

I'm in.

No, the teams can most def be kept a surprise.

I'm in.

Who suggested this brilliant War Games idea Starr? Because it truly is a stroke of genius.

A man of staggering intellect, who also, if his reputation precedes him, has an immense penis. Not that anyone's concerned with that...*waits for Katsuya to wander in*

For some reason, I'm remembering the time interval being as such:

First two men went at it for 5 minutes .... then, the first person came in. After that, they came in every two minutes.

A quick check and the 1998 WarGames tells me I'm correct.

Excellent. Two minutes between entries should be short enough for people not to pull their hair out...I hope.