FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On FIFA 08 I did 5 seasons with Darlington. So I might go Championship but I don't fancy battling through all the lower divisions. I haven't managed any teams abroad yet. So any suggestions there would help. Players or league isn't really an issue since I'll likely buy a whole new team eventually anyway. So just one with a nice kit that I won't get sick of looking at. :P

The LA Galaxy kit is sexy.

I tried them and you can't sign any players at the start so you're stuck with Beckham and Donovan and the rest is League Two to One material so I stopped after one match, not my cup of tea. AJ, how about you start a manager mode with Sevilla Atletico in the second division of Spain. They are Sevilla's reserves, which makes it all the more funnier if you actually manage to win the Spanish league and in the process beating Sevilla :D

Well I'll be continuing my current Manager Mode, as I like it after a few seasons and the teams start to mix it up a bit with regards to players. However in my game there rarely seems to be any major changes to the other squads other than ones that are forced by retirements. I think the only one that stands out is Beckham to Blackburn (a straight DB for DB replacement it seems) and I'm not even sure if that's on this MM or my 08 one.

I'd prefer it if it was more like BAP mode where you only get a few interested teams at the end of the season instead of being able to choose whoever you like. I'll probably end up flipping a coin but I like the sound of either a second division European team, an SPL team that isn't Rangers/Celtic or I might go reall outlandish and go Korean or something crazy and then bring a load of Brits in.

Another thing I've thought of doing, to give myself a bit of a challenge, is to take the reigns of a Championship outfit and then sign only English/British players. So I can have a full British starting 11 by the time I'm making waves in the Premiership.

Well I'll be continuing my current Manager Mode, as I like it after a few seasons and the teams start to mix it up a bit with regards to players. However in my game there rarely seems to be any major changes to the other squads other than ones that are forced by retirements. I think the only one that stands out is Beckham to Blackburn (a straight DB for DB replacement it seems) and I'm not even sure if that's on this MM or my 08 one.

I'd prefer it if it was more like BAP mode where you only get a few interested teams at the end of the season instead of being able to choose whoever you like. I'll probably end up flipping a coin but I like the sound of either a second division European team, an SPL team that isn't Rangers/Celtic or I might go reall outlandish and go Korean or something crazy and then bring a load of Brits in.

Another thing I've thought of doing, to give myself a bit of a challenge, is to take the reigns of a Championship outfit and then sign only English/British players. So I can have a full British starting 11 by the time I'm making waves in the Premiership.

I've thought about Scotland too, but the league just seems so boring. Not many teams and I think you have to play the same team like 3/4 teams a year? The bad thing about Korea is that even if you manage to bring in the likes of Gerrard and Lampard eventually, whatever, it will not be satisfying because you're playing against extremely shitty teams, there's no challenge.

I started playing as Newcastle earlier, and it's the best fun I've had playing FIFA in ages.

First of all, I played a friendly against FC Dallas, which I won 2-0 with goals from Duff and Nolan.

What was funny though was what took place in the first 15mins of the game. Dax McCarty fouled Owen after I'd tried playing a ball over the top to Martins. Awful challenge. Ref books him, then as I take my FK, and pass it into midfield, the same bloke flies in again with another bad tackle, getting his second yellow card and his marching orders after just 15 minutes. I laughed.

Then I decided to play Inter, and I lost the game 5-0, with 2 of the goals being pens. I play on Legendary, 7mins, btw.

Again though, this game had me in stitches. First, Harper makes two great saves early on, and then, this;

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/3579602

Granted, it's not that good, but when you consider the saves that come before, I just had to upload it. I loved how the deflection sent him the other way yet he still managed to save it.

Aside from Ibra and Mancini being untouchable, I was still able to laugh. Owen got crunched by Muntari, meaning he had to go off for treatment. When he come back on, with the injury sign by his name, I passed to him. A defender makes a standing challenge, takes the ball and Owen goes down in a heap on the ground, holding his leg again. I opted to keep him on though. A few minutes in game time later, I pass once again to Owen in the centre circle, he offloads quickly to Duff out wide, but a midfielder comes flying in on him, snapping him in half. This time, I chose to take him off. When I hit R2 to look at the fatigue of the players, Owen's bar had gone all the way down, with nothing there at all. :D

So yeah, I got hammered, but I was entertained like never before by FIFA earlier.

cheap jordan shoes cheap jordan fifa tournament jordan fifa shoes welcome to our website http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index....t&p=1678067 jordan fifa shoes dunk cheap

:shifty:

The second PS3 tournament is starting soon. At the time of posting this, there's 9 spots left. Sign up now!

Edited by Lt Baddar

Bah, TCO (that is who Nalaraeg is, isn't it? >_>) beat me again. 2-0, as Man City vs my Liverpool. I don't think I've actually scored against him yet, although I couldn't have got much closer. Thought I deserved a little more out of the game, but fell apart in places and got punished.