FIFA 09

alldaws1

I love taking free kicks in my BAP mode as my player has 99 accuracy and 99 power. When they go in it nearly takes the net off. I wonder though, why he doesn't have the long run up that players who have a powerful shot do. Perhaps that has to do with the long shot stat? Even that's not bad at 75.

I haven't played FIFA in like 3 and a half days. :( Feels like an age.

It's pre-set how a player takes a free kick, I don't think you can change it with stats.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can I not beat Middlesbrough on this game? I've played two seasons in my Manager Mode and played against them six times (four league, two League Cup). Best I've done is a 1-0 win in the second leg of our League Cup semi-final which I went on to lose on penalties. They usually score early against me, it's usually Tuncay and it's usually enough to beat me. Lost a couple 2-1, another 3-1 and another 2-0. Maybe I should just buy Tuncay, see if I can beat them then :shifty:

I guess the rant paid off. I finally got one in UEFA against AZ. It war about two feet outside the box. Doyle hooked it right over the wall and the keeper punched it into the top corner. That's still the only one that's had a real chance.

Eh, as for the Reading Goals AJ .... they come in bunches. Doyle is top 5 though with 19 league scores. He f'n goes off in the cup matches though. Jones actually sucks for me in all honesty. He's great as a sub but when I start him he's shit. I have an Argentinian striker I scouted that's 20, rated 3 points lower, and is about 100 times the ST that Jones is. I'm thinking I'm going to have to sell off the "Reading Originals" like Hunt etc. They're not going to be able to hold up after this season. I've got to find another American keeper too <_< as Hanny's already 38. Overall I'm still hovering around 8th but my GD is sitting at 18. I've still got a very nice shot at Europe but if I hit another bad drought in scoring it's gone.

I guess the rant paid off. I finally got one in UEFA against AZ. It war about two feet outside the box. Doyle hooked it right over the wall and the keeper punched it into the top corner. That's still the only one that's had a real chance.

Eh, as for the Reading Goals AJ .... they come in bunches. Doyle is top 5 though with 19 league scores. He f'n goes off in the cup matches though. Jones actually sucks for me in all honesty. He's great as a sub but when I start him he's shit. I have an Argentinian striker I scouted that's 20, rated 3 points lower, and is about 100 times the ST that Jones is. I'm thinking I'm going to have to sell off the "Reading Originals" like Hunt etc. They're not going to be able to hold up after this season. I've got to find another American keeper too <_< as Hanny's already 38. Overall I'm still hovering around 8th but my GD is sitting at 18. I've still got a very nice shot at Europe but if I hit another bad drought in scoring it's gone.

Get Brad Friedel. Sure he's probably as old (if not older) as your current keeper but he's shit-hot. Not sure what Hunt is like in 09 but on 08 he was invaluable to my Darlington side with his pace even when I had better players in the team he was a good sub to have late in the game.

Not sure if I mentioned before but after two successful seasons with Boro (2 Prem titles, 1 FA Cup, 1 CL), and one with Fulham (Prem title) I'm now at Notts Forest attempting to make them into a force again. I had little to no transfer cash and the cash I did have I spent on fitness coaching. The good thing about being 3 seasons into Manager Mode is that there are a load of quality free agents about. I think I got about 7 new players altogether. The best of which being Eduardo.

Also, AD. I dare you to buy Tuncay. They've got Aliadiere in reserve just waiting to be the next one to screw you over. <_<

edit: And that replay really makes me want to play lower leagues.

Anyone know how long it takes to become a club legend? I've been stuck on the one just below it for ages now, I'm near the end of my second season playing for Darlo and my reputation just stays at around 97/100 no matter what I do, except if I manage to fail one of the bonus match target thingymajigs, then it drops like a stone.

Best goal in Be A Pro mode was probably this volley against Aldershot.. Scored an even better bicycle kick from a corner in the same game, but forgot to save it. >_<

I can never get EA stuff uploaded properly, it's gay, it just never works :@

Aaaand who are the XBLers with FIFA? I want to have some people to have regular matches with :D

There's a few of us in a league on there. Though I haven't been on Fifa in a few days so I don't know if any matchs have actually been played yet. Just check the Fifa Xbox 360 thread a bit further down, possibly on 2nd page now.

The AI on this is fucking moronic in BAP. It's a rarity if we don't have a player sent off each game. They just slide in from anywhere and pick up constant bookings. Really, really annoying. How am I supposed to score goals and win matches for the team when my players are being sent off, just drew 0-0 cause we ended up with 9 men. :@

The AI on this is fucking moronic in BAP. It's a rarity if we don't have a player sent off each game. They just slide in from anywhere and pick up constant bookings. Really, really annoying. How am I supposed to score goals and win matches for the team when my players are being sent off, just drew 0-0 cause we ended up with 9 men. :@

Add me, t-zakjez. Yes, stupid name, not enough credits to change it. The AI in BAP can indeed be stupid, they are sometimes ruthless in challenges but I don't remember getting that many red cards, maybe it was just a one-off.

Right, it reckons I've downloaded the squad file and that. It doesn't come up in my downloaded content, but I can load it from squads. I've tried that three times and it doesn't want to work. I've still got the old squads. Help? I'm on the PS3 version.

EDIT: The new squads work online, but not offline for me.

Edited by The King Of Awesomeness

Any idea why the servers are down? Also, when downloading the squad file, do I do it the way Darloboy said do it? Through going to ranked play first? Or is there another way?

EA's servers aren't the best and they take them offline for maintenance pretty much every day, just try again later. And yes, go to a ranked match, it will tell you to download the latest squads, do that, then you can back out of the match at the team select screen unless you want to play the game. Go to My FIFA 09 and then save and overwrite your current squad file, should work.