FIFA 09

alldaws1

Who are everybody's 'bogey teams' in this game? In my Manager Mode with Spurs I've already said that I struggle to get results against Middlesbrough but lately I've also had trouble with Fulham, West Brom and Hull. I can't handle Andy Johnson at all and Hull always seem to find a way back even when I'm winning by two or more goals <_<

I had a league game at the Hawthorns against WBA which was so frustrating. Robert Koren was sent off with about 10 minutes gone so I'm against 10 men for the majority of the game and I lose 3-0. That Menseguez fellow came off the bench in Mowbray's re-shuffle after the sending off, scored two headed goals from corners (incidently I've checked the ratings, he has a perfect 10 because that was the only game he's played in this season) and Ishmael Miller, also a sub, finished me off late on :(

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tottenham

First season as West Ham we finnished second but both times we played I lost to them 6-0 and 4-0. I'm now in my second season lost the first game 7-2 away and have got them next in the FA Cup. I doubt I'll be winning that cup tie. <_<

I don't really have a bogey team, because I only seem to play the game online now.

I've had a couple of strange matches recently, with regards to the tactics of the people I played. In a game where I was Bayern Munich versus someone's Valencia, they kept trying to cross the ball in.....what was that all about? David Villa is a midget, and Lucio is 6 foot plus. Naturally, I went on to win pretty easily. The same thing then happened in a Fulham vs West Ham game, where their onmly tactic was to cross the ball looking for the header, when 6 foot 6 or so defender Hangeland is one of the best players on the Fulham team. Again, I nabbed a pretty easy win in the end.

Why online do some teams vary in stats depending on who you are playing? I'm guessing it has something to do with Live Season, but just thought I'd ask.

Yeah, it's Live Season, and if the starting line-up isn't as strong as it usually is, you can see a drop in star rating.

As far as bogey teams go, again, don't really have one. But a team I don't like playing is Osasuna. On legendary, they seem to pass around faster than anyone else, keeping you from the ball quite a lot. If they get the first goal, it can be tough to pull it back. As said though, not really a "bogey" team, as I've beaten them in all but one of the games I've played against them.

The AI never, ever, hever, Wants to give up the ball, It's fucking frustrating man and then they never called called for knocking you on your ass.

I'm in pretty savage form. Won 8 out of my last 10, with the 2nd of those losses being 10 games ago, so yeah, 8 out of 9. I've kinda been lucky though, because I've been matched up against people for the most part that don't seem that good, so a lot of the games have been relatively comfortable. Hell, I went 2-0 last night when I was drunk >_>

Knocking you on your arse like

I upped that vid to Youtube as well due to EASFW only allowing 5 uploads at once, so I can put them all there and delete when I need to from the EA site.

Bingo Baddar, I could be just running the ball up the field and they just knock me over and steal it off me, It's ridiculous.

Also, How do you get your videos to come out good on youtube, I tried with a madden video and got

Knocking you on your arse like

I upped that vid to Youtube as well due to EASFW only allowing 5 uploads at once, so I can put them all there and delete when I need to from the EA site.

Why didn't I think of this. I downloaded my first video ages ago but never thought to re-upload to youtube. Then again I've not had anything happen recently worthy of replacing one of my 5 videos I have up. That and I can't be arsed to wait mid-game either.

As for bogey teams the only one I can think of is Middlesbrough in my Manager Mode but that was because it was a league winning team that I had assembled over 2 years before I left for Fulham. Think I lost to them twice and drew 0-0 before I finally beat them 3-0 or something.

During the second half of a season I always check to see if I've already beaten who I'm playing or not. I like to at least take 3 points off every team each season.

how the shit do you download the videos/upload the videos ? When I go to a replay, the "upload" control isn't able to be pressed.

Anywho, I've finally found a team to start with and they're at the bottom of the pecking order (in this game anyway).

DARLINGTON (Y) ... just hit administration/looking for a buyer/still in the playoff hunt despite the ten point deduction. We have a freaking winner.

I'll be scouring the rosters of teams for potential players. Any suggestions that would be doable/believable ?

Putting an American not named Bradley/Dempsey/Howard/Donovan (or a Mexican for that matter) is easily both of the above :shifty: but what about either English players or Scandanavian players ?

I'm probably going to look for a ST/FW in the 28-32yr range to use for immediate results. Same in the midfield. GK/DB's I'll be looking to go younger as to actually build the team.

any help is welcome/appreciated.

EDIT- I'm going to make 3m mysteriously appear in the budget too :shifty: you know, since they'll be getting a buyer and all.

Edited by HailtotheKing

I'm actually going to try and be as realistic as I can about this process. Thanks for the player suggestion RVD. I've got four guys (two of which are young starts put up for sale in the January window) lined up as "loans" for the second part of the season with Darlington.

What I need, is a realistic valuation of where League 1/2 would place in the grand scheme of things in football. I found this:

UEFA coefficient of clubs ... which would serve as a pretty good guide in determing the realism of where to look for players as I progress up the ladder.