FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you control one of the real life players of the team. So say your playing as Manchester United if you pick striker you play as Wayne Rooney or Tevez etc.

Just had my first online Ultimate Team game against some team called Weapon X. They had loads of opportunities to score, must have broke through one-on-one with the goalie 5-6 times but always missed or had it saved. Then he finally works out that he's better off passing to the open man and slotting into an empty net so he does that to take the lead. Then with about two minutes left I get a good passing move going, get it to my new Korean striker on the edge of the box and he turns his defender and finishes coolly past the goalie to save me from defeat and end the game at 1-1. Then the guy sent me a message calling me a 'jammy twat' :rolleyes:

I've never been so pleased to see Jeremie Aliadiere. Just opening a pack of bronze cards and there he is in all his silver card glory. Looks like a lethal attack of Aliadiere and Dawson up front :D

Another cool thing about Ultimate Team is that they've added new celebrations to the game for it. Good stuff.

• Admin

My Ultimate Team is:

Jussi Jaaskelainen

Justin Hoyte

Matthew Kilgallon

Carlos Cuellar

Some German Left Back Whose Name I'm Can't Remember

Emmanuel Eboue

Sean Davis

David Dunn

Ryan Giggs

Alessandro Del Piero

Me (Club Captain)

Have some quality players on the bench too, but they don't get the Chemistry boost of playing 4-4-2 (have David Silva, Simone Perrota, Jason Roberts)

So I read something on another forum about contracts running out and how they're a pain in the ass?

Like when someone's contract has one game left you can no longer use them in your team if you're in the middle of a tournament and have to exit to extend the contract which then only lasts a couple more games anyway.

I don't know how they work in tournaments but it's fairly easy to renew contracts. You need to get contract extension cards which extend a player's contract for a certain amount of games. So far it's not been a problem for me because I usually get at least two of them in each pack of cards I open.

Lads had my 1st few online games of be a pro last night and some people are all over the place i'll be on here tomorrow night if someone wants to do a team game??

In around 20 be a pro games I've only had one decent Be a Pro game in which people actually gave a shit and the opponent too and that was great because I had the DMC position, which meant I directed the play the entire time.

I did and I have two problems with Ultimate Team: the online play and the bugs.

Sometimes it takes far too long to do simple things like going from one page to another and on a couple of occasions it's popped up with an error and booted me back to the main menu when I was going through my cards.

I've tried to play online several times but only managed to play two teams who were within two stars of mine. The tournaments are a joke as well. You unlock them through having enough skill points which you earn through playing matches online or offline. Therefore when I unlocked the first tournament I was expecting to play some teams which are about the same level as mine but it always pairs me up against 5-star teams. So basically these people are getting 5-star rated teams whether through actually playing or just being sad enough to buy the cards with real money and then they're spamming the bronze tournaments hoping to come up against crap teams so they can win easily.

Apart from those two things it's a fun add-on and I hope they include it for FIFA 10 but it will more likely be an add-on again which you'll have to pay for. I think it's worth the 800 MS points (or whatever the PSN equivalent is) as it extends the life of FIFA probably right up until the next game comes out.

I did and I have two problems with Ultimate Team: the online play and the bugs.

Sometimes it takes far too long to do simple things like going from one page to another and on a couple of occasions it's popped up with an error and booted me back to the main menu when I was going through my cards.

I've tried to play online several times but only managed to play two teams who were within two stars of mine. The tournaments are a joke as well. You unlock them through having enough skill points which you earn through playing matches online or offline. Therefore when I unlocked the first tournament I was expecting to play some teams which are about the same level as mine but it always pairs me up against 5-star teams. So basically these people are getting 5-star rated teams whether through actually playing or just being sad enough to buy the cards with real money and then they're spamming the bronze tournaments hoping to come up against crap teams so they can win easily.

Apart from those two things it's a fun add-on and I hope they include it for FIFA 10 but it will more likely be an add-on again which you'll have to pay for. I think it's worth the 800 MS points (or whatever the PSN equivalent is) as it extends the life of FIFA probably right up until the next game comes out.

Is it possible to challenge a friend to play against his ultimate team with your own team?