FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Ultimate Team now has 74 chemistry. I had gathered nearly 3,000 coins but had injuries to Robben and Xavi and a fair few players struggling with fitness so I decided to go into the trade system and find some players. I got Riera to fill in for Robben and Santi Cazorla to fill in for Bentley and now Xavi is back I have eight Spanish starters, the back four and the midfield. I also picked up a Rafa Benitez and changed my formation to 4-4-1-1 which upped the chemistry even more. So Rob Green in goal, my eight Spaniards and the Italian combo of Totti and Quagliarella up front. It's all good :D

I got 100% chem after swapping out Moyes for Redknapp. Having a manager that likes your formation AND matches the nationality of 6 team players gives you a huge boost. Now I can absolutely hammer teams on World Class even though over half my squad are still only silver rated players. May look to move up to legendary soon.

Got about 20k coins in the bank. Only going to be using them to buy bronze packs for contracts and perhaps staff contracts on the trade cause I hardly ever seem to get them. I made an easy 4k yesterday by buying a 442 Manager Card for 2k and selling it on immediately for 6k.

Shame the 442 player cards go for ridiculous sums like 25k cause I'd really like one for my created player and my striker Mamadou Niang cause he's pretty good.

Yeah I am.

' Cause I couldn't find you on the XBL list.

I just played two online games, first two in a long while and I easily won the first match because my opponent already left after 20 minutes when I was 2-0 up :pervert: Second match I played with Sporting CP against, surprise, Man Utd. As most Man Utd users he tried to trick me from the kick-off with Ronaldo and he kept passing to Ronaldo and then he would just start walking but I frustrated him big time by intercepting a lot of passes and staying calm. He eventually scored because the ball bounced off a player's back and he was alone in front of goal, so lame. I then almost immediately equalised, he scored again, I equalised again via a corner. I dominated the whole game with average players against his godlike players until Ronaldo finally managed to get past my left back with his speed, oh so gay.

I've got about 20k too, got to a high total of 40k but spent it on gold cards for my collection.

Is there any real advantage to having chemistry? I've only got about 35%, but I still win most of the time...

I think chemistry is a bigger deal for the teams that aren't full of gold players. When you've got superstars all over the pitch it doesn't really matter much.

And how do you get so many coins? Is it just by wheeling and dealing on the trade system?

I've got about 20k too, got to a high total of 40k but spent it on gold cards for my collection.

Is there any real advantage to having chemistry? I've only got about 35%, but I still win most of the time...

I think chemistry is a bigger deal for the teams that aren't full of gold players. When you've got superstars all over the pitch it doesn't really matter much.

And how do you get so many coins? Is it just by wheeling and dealing on the trade system?

Partly wheeling and dealing, partly playing matches, mostly by plowing real money into it to get gold packs... :(

Don't hold both. LT is better to keep shots down when you're running at full pace and you can put more power in them. Finesse shots (RB) are better when you're not at full speed and when you're trying to place the ball past the keeper. LB (lob shot) can also be very effective in some situations, mostly one-on-ones.

With shooting the right amount of power is key, just trial and error really because you don't really have time to look at the power bar while doing it.

And also, you don't have to use one of the modifiers. I've scored plenty by just shooting. One-on-ones better for finesse or lobs, long distance or very powerful shots are more suited to LT and the rest you can probably just press shoot.

Edited by VlADimir Kozlov

Speaking of lobs, make sure you hold L1/LB AND R1/RB, it make them much better placed, which some people fail to realise.

Lobs are one of the most underrated ways to score in this game. I remember scoring an amazing lob with some 1 star team, somehow it doesn't require a high level of technique from the player. L.C.S - gamertag bitte?