FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so pissed off with online, I either lose to a far better player, or start winning and my opponent quits on me. I don't think I've won a completed match in days.

If anyone does want a game, I'm at Chris_KOTW on the PSN.

Lobs are great. I played against a guy online before, who was so good at lobs he could lob me when he was 10 yards out, with my Keeper on the line. It was quality.

Ugh. One of those where the keeper decides to move after the ball is going past him... <_<

Edited by Baddar®

Lobs are great. I played against a guy online before, who was so good at lobs he could lob me when he was 10 yards out, with my Keeper on the line. It was quality.

Ugh. One of those where the keeper decides to move after the ball is going past him... <_<

Yes, I hate when the opponent does a lob and the keeper slowly walks backwards and misses the ball. If he'd actually turn around and run or ya know, actually walk/run faster backwards he would have the ball but nooooo, they're f'n morons.....sigh.

Made two great bargains yesterday in my eyes, for two players I have been looking to sign for quite a while.

Andreas Iniesta for 9,000 coins (Rated 92, 75 Contract) :o

Alan Hutton for 6,000 coins (Rated 95, 8 Contract) :o

I had plenty of gold contract cards so Hutton's low contract wasn't a problem.

My Team Now looks like this;

GK: Craig Gordon

RB: Alan Hutton

LB: My Created Player

CB's: David Weir & Gary Caldwell

RM: Pablo

LM: David Silva

CM's: Marcos Senna & Andres Iniesta

ST's: Dirk Kuyt & Van Persie

Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson

As you can see I have a Scottish Goalkeeper and Back Four. In front of them a Spanish Midfield followed by a Dutch Attack. I'm planning on saving up and assigning Guardiola as my manager, then buy a Manager 4-4-2 card which I know will cost lots. This should be followed up by an Italian defence possibly as the Scottish one really isn't up to scratch, apart from Hutton but I could sell him on for big money anyway.

I'm not sure which is more frustrating:

Not knowing how to work free kicks worth a shit, or knowing how to work them but not being able to convert them <_<

All of yous talking about the UT make me want to try it, but 5 games doesn't seem like worth the trouble. (on a side note, F "the last guy" demo being a three minute pooper)

I'm bored.

Can someone explain how Ultimate Team offline works. Are the games you play in a league format and do you play against real teams?

Also, is every game played in the baking sun or is there rain in this mode?

Yes, I'm thinking of buying it, but only for offline games really. And yes, I'm too lazy to play the trial and get the answers to most of the above. >_>

Do the balls have magnets in them or something? I've had the game 6 days now, and I think I've hit the post or the bar more times than I ever did over playing 6 years playing PES3-6, probably accumulatively too.

Did anybody else here get a coin injection? I'm not sure cause I've been away for 2 weeks but I think I got 5k due to this:

Update: May 12th, 8:00pm

I’m excited to be able to announce our plans to reward some of the early adopters of FIFA 09 Ultimate Team (aka "FUT") – we’ve had the plan in the works for a good time internally and it’s great to finally get the word out now. As you are aware, the launch of FUT was immensely popular, and because of this it challenged our server capacity for the first 3 weeks. That was unfortunate for our consumers and we want to make it up to you.

Now the day has come where we want to say thanks to all the FUT early adopters for their patience and feedback during those first three weeks. To that end, every fan who purchased FUT before April 10th will receive 10,000 coins (equivalent to two gold packs). For every fan who tried FUT but didn’t buy it prior to April 10th, they will receive 5,000 coins (equivalent to one gold pack). In reality, you can choose whatever you wish to do with these new coins: go pick up that rare player on the trade pile, make a more beefy trade offer, or buy a few packs and roll the dice on getting some awesome players! Starting on May 15th coins will begin getting distributed automatically to all eligible users. If eligible, all you need to do is log on to FIFA 09 Ultimate Team after this date and you’ll notice your coin balance has increased accordingly!

And that’s not all, we have a number of other fun ideas coming up for the FUT faithful. To get all the latest updates we encourage you to sign-up on one of the many different communication channels below and we’ll be in touch on how you can continue to build your FIFA 09 Ultimate Team:

Twitter: EAS FootballLiveTeam (EAFootballLive) on Twitter

Facebook: FIFA Ultimate Team | Facebook

Bebo: bebo.com - Profile from FIFA Ultimate Team <FIFAUT>

Also, if you're thinking about starting a new UT or picking it up then you'll be interested to know that all new teams started after 22nd May will recieve a gold player in their starter pack. I think I may start a second team on another PS3 account just to see who I get.

Finally, allow me to share with you some of the sheer stupidity that goes on over at the official EA FUT boards:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-09...ng-players.html

A while back I did a lot of browsing on the club info trade pages for kits and badges snapping up the ones that would make me a profit. It just so happened that I obtained the two Sevilla kits and badge in the process so I went ahead and completed that page. Since there are more players available than space I only bought gold players that made me a profit or silvers that cost very little.

I'm sure some people would prefer to have a nice collection with pages full of top-rated superstars but only the completion bonuses matter to me really. It's not like I'm gonna ever sit and look through my collection.

Finally, allow me to share with you some of the sheer stupidity that goes on over at the official EA FUT boards:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-09...ng-players.html

Love it.

"i have 12 GCSE's!" - One of them obviously wasn't in English.

Got promoted in my BAP league as Cardiff, coming top and scoring 18 goals in 19 games for the first time, ending up 4th top scorer. The after the summer break I decided to stay at Cardiff even got offers from Aston Villa among others.

So staying at Cardiff, still a 3 star team, taking on Man City, a four and a half star team, in my first game. Here were my objectives for the match: (I'm a centre attacking midfielder by the way)

1: Take 4 shots - easy

2: Get a 9.0 rating - do-able

3: WIN BY 5 GOALS - fuck off

The worst thing is you kinda get marked down by not completing it. I ended up winning 4 fucking 0, scoring 2 of them myself and taking around 6 shots to get a 10.0 rating. Grrr.

Also a bit lame that I'm not allowed to be Welsh on it as the national team aren't on it so I went with Ireland. Oh, and don't put something as your "known as" name thinking it's the same as a nickname in wrestling: I'm forever known as Captain Wow. <_<

Edited by TheModernWay