FIFA 09

alldaws1

I score strange goals... this is on world class with two team around three stars in ultimate team.

http://www.eafootballworld.com/de_DE/video/6305747

I realy like this game, it´s doing a lot what PES failed to, just most online oponents are tools. - I have not realy played be a pro and the normal season mode yet... are Champions League, National Cups and Championships in it aswell? Or did they go cheap/save them for 3 extra games per year?

I´ed actualy like to pay for a FIFA game like this on a MMO Basis. Like 10€ per Month... get stuff patched all the time, get states updates all the time, get all the game Modes (World Cup, CL ect.)... so EA gets their monney and we get to play EVERYTHING in one game... i don´t realy care for the CL game if i cannot play it inn a propper National Full Season Mode.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to link my Profile on EA Football World to my Gamertag, but it says:

Before you can link your Xbox LIVE Gamertag to your EA Master Account, you need to log in to any online EA game with your Xbox or Xbox 360. Once that is done, check your email inbox at the address you used to sign up for your Xbox LIVE Gamertag for an email from us describing what you need to do to link up your accounts.

Keep in mind, this email may not appear immediately, so be patient. Note, you can always come back to this page to re-trigger the email in case you missed it.

I need to log in to an online game..... I'm on Fifa now, online, but it doesn't work... and I've been waiting for about half an hour and still no email...

Anyone got any idea?

I score strange goals... this is on world class with two team around three stars in ultimate team.

I realy like this game, it´s doing a lot what PES failed to, just most online oponents are tools. - I have not realy played be a pro and the normal season mode yet... are Champions League, National Cups and Championships in it aswell? Or did they go cheap/save them for 3 extra games per year?

I´ed actualy like to pay for a FIFA game like this on a MMO Basis. Like 10€ per Month... get stuff patched all the time, get states updates all the time, get all the game Modes (World Cup, CL ect.)... so EA gets their monney and we get to play EVERYTHING in one game... i don´t realy care for the CL game if i cannot play it inn a propper National Full Season Mode.

They discontinued the Champions League franchise I think. You can play in Europe and Domestic cups in the Manager Mode

Seeing as ranked games are now glitched where people can have dream team, I;ve stopped playing them. I'm now just playing Club games with a club I found on the EA forums. I'm running the show with in Midfield with Fabregas, despite the majority of team being controlled by fucking retards.

Good fun though.

They discontinued the Champions League franchise I think. You can play in Europe and Domestic cups in the Manager Mode

Is it original cups or do you just get some trophy?

How does one go about getting the Fair Play trophy? I've gone about 7 games now without any cards and it still hasn't given it to me...

Surely it doesn't mean your team AND the AI not being booked for 5 games in a row, because if so that's gay. The AI put in at least 5 reckless tackles per match.

In other (trophy related) news, I've started up a MM as Adelaide United. I guess that's a 14 game season so I'll get it quite quickly. Got the buy/sell for 50m trophies before I started this one. Started a game as United and sold Ronaldo for as much as I needed to, quit, then started one as Barca, simmed til the window then bought Ibra. If MM didn't suck so much arse this year (seeing random AI results like Liverpool 2-5 West Brom on a weekly basis for example) I would've played to get those trophies properly.

Why didn't you just use the fortune you made on Ronaldo to buy another big player? :P

Seeing as ranked games are now glitched where people can have dream team, I;ve stopped playing them. I'm now just playing Club games with a club I found on the EA forums. I'm running the show with in Midfield with Fabregas, despite the majority of team being controlled by fucking retards.

Good fun though.

Is that the Blackhawk one you had to 'audition' for? Cause that would suck to have to audition to play with a bunch of tards.

I'm building a 93+ team on UT now to smash my way through the tournaments. I'm now past caring whether or not people quit on me I just want the damn trophies.

I also like that I learned (way overdue) how to do kicky-ups and chest-flicks and around the world's so when TCO and I are 5-0 up playing 2v2 we can really take the piss. :P Not that I endorse such unsportsmanlike activities.

Yeah thats them, but i've left now and playing with a decent team owned by kingcarra, still a few scrubs though, but overall quite good. 2 vs 2 is still the most fun tobe had anymore though, because Clubs are ranked, ranked games of course being catnip for assholes.

How does one go about getting the Fair Play trophy? I've gone about 7 games now without any cards and it still hasn't given it to me...

Surely it doesn't mean your team AND the AI not being booked for 5 games in a row, because if so that's gay. The AI put in at least 5 reckless tackles per match.

In other (trophy related) news, I've started up a MM as Adelaide United. I guess that's a 14 game season so I'll get it quite quickly. Got the buy/sell for 50m trophies before I started this one. Started a game as United and sold Ronaldo for as much as I needed to, quit, then started one as Barca, simmed til the window then bought Ibra. If MM didn't suck so much arse this year (seeing random AI results like Liverpool 2-5 West Brom on a weekly basis for example) I would've played to get those trophies properly.

Why didn't you just use the fortune you made on Ronaldo to buy another big player? :P

I started a MM game as United and spent their budget on a £50m Kaka. Tried to sell Ronaldo, but the highest offer I had was £36m, when he's worth £41m.

Started the Adelaide United game after reading the above and thinking 14 games for a gold trophy isn't too bad. Only 8 teams in the league so having 14 games makes sense.... Imagine my surprise when Matchday 15 rolled round. Fixture list says 21 games. *sigh*

I started a MM game as United and spent their budget on a £50m Kaka. Tried to sell Ronaldo, but the highest offer I had was £36m, when he's worth £41m.

Started the Adelaide United game after reading the above and thinking 14 games for a gold trophy isn't too bad. Only 8 teams in the league so having 14 games makes sense.... Imagine my surprise when Matchday 15 rolled round. Fixture list says 21 games. *sigh*

AJ: Good point.

TA: Gah. I could've sworn AJ mentioned a month or so ago that it was the A-League that only had 14 league games. Maybe it was another he was talking about. Never mind. Now I've started, I'll get it.

AJ: Good point.

TA: Gah. I could've sworn AJ mentioned a month or so ago that it was the A-League that only had 14 league games. Maybe it was another he was talking about. Never mind. Now I've started, I'll get it.

So I play my 21 games and finish top of the league. (Good job there was the extra 7 fixtures or I'd have finished second.) So I'm thinking..... where's my trophy? Then I see that by finishing top I'm in the Playoffs.

:angry:

Edited by TheArsenal

Hi guys, I'm TheBoss from Poland, and I'd like to ask some questions that I hope You guys will be able to help me with.

I want to ask You experts [i dare to say that, as some people certainly are experts - and even if not experts, You know a lot more about Ultimate Team than I do, so... ;)] about some things, I hope someone will be able to help me.

I'm playing mostly offline because a) it's quicker b) it's safer [no disconnections] and c) the CPU doesn't act like a jackass... Just so You know, it's not some kind of vital information :]

I'm pretty good at the game [i mean FIFA itself, on the field] and I manage to win 90+ percent of the matches I play, regardless of the CPU difficulty. Still I'm having massive problems with getting coins - the ones I get I spend [well, I have to if I want to get better players, which at the beginning is necessary...] and I have nothing left. No methods are working, sadly.

So any hints and tips are truly appreciated, as I don't think I can handle the "financial" side of the game - and sadly I don't have "real world money" to buy packs so I'm left with virtually no options... and that's where You guys come into play :]

I'll be thankful for everything that can help me get more coins and keep them for a while - if there's some super secret method of getting them... fill me in on this information, dammit! :)

Also, and I'm being completely serious, if there is someone who has 100K coins or more [there are some people with that amount of coins] and wants to help out a newbie - that would also be massively appreciated - it's nice to share, and I'd gladly take spare coins or players that someone doesn't need :)

Thanks in advance for Your hints/tips/donations or whatever :]

PS. I'm on PS3 if it makes any difference.

Scoring 7-8 goals is no better than scoring five because there's a limit to how many coins you can earn for each statistic. For goals it's five. Of course scoring more than five goals adds to your shots on target totals anyway and I think the limit for that is 15.

So I play my 21 games and finish top of the league. (Good job there was the extra 7 fixtures or I'd have finished second.) So I'm thinking..... where's my trophy? Then I see that by finishing top I'm in the Playoffs.

:angry:

You've got another surprise in store. There's a glitch in the A-League that means even if you LOSE the semi-final of the playoffs you still go through to the final. So if you thought you could get away with being knocked out and still get the trophy... think again. :w00t:

TheBoss:, I started out playing professional level just like you. My tips are as follows:

DON'T spend a fortune on good players. Chemistry is far more important than having superstars in your team. I've been rolling with an all-silver team for quite a while and they're cheaper to keep in contract.

Play club games with 6min halves against CPU (don't do tournaments yet cause you can't choose your opponent) Pick teams that have a better star rating than you (preferably 5*, Real Madrid and some International teams are surprisingly easy pickings) and always play away for that extra coin bonus.

In your matches try and do the following in this order as quickly as possible:

Score 5 goals

Get 10 corners (shooting from a tight angle nearly always forces a corner)

Make sure you have 15 shots on target and then pass the ball around to up your passing percentage and posession.

I currently play on WC level and even if I only get 7 corners I'm still getting around 1100 coins a game.

If you're only using cheap players it's actually better once their contract is down to 1 game to stick them up on trade and buy the same player with more games on their contract than it is to buy contract cards.

When you've got a bit more money, many suggest the gold pack method which is just basically buy a gold pack, sell EVERYTHING in it (check trade for prices) and 9 times out of 10 you'll make a profit.

Also look out for players going cheaply on the trade that you could sell on for a profit. I've never done this as a habit but I did buy a Beckham for 1.3k when he first got released and sold him on for 50k.

I could honestly talk about this game for days so if there's anything else you wanna know hit me up.

----

And to update you all on my current events, as I know you're most interested :shifty: I just spent 69k on a new team and it looks like this up to now:

GK - 95 - C. Kirkland

LB - 75 - Konchesky (yet to be replaced)

CB - 96 - R. Ferdinand

CB - 99 - S. Taylor (almost maxed)

RB - 99 - L. Rosenior (almost maxed)

LM - 99 - C. N'Zogbia (almost maxed)

CM - 81 - M. Carrick (to be trained to 99)

CM - 82 - G. Barry (to be trained to 99)

RM - 99 - H. Salihamidzic (maxed)

ST - 99 - M. Owen (almost maxed)

ST - 87 - D. Ashton (yet to be replaced)

I'm eyeing up either Warnock or Shorey for that LB position but they're far too expensive on trade right now. Kept my awesome silver team as backup.

Wow, man, that's a great team, and thanks for the advice. I hope it works, maybe I was just unlucky as whenever I bought a gold pack [and it was very, very rare, as I could never have enough coins to do so] I got utter crap in it, and ended up losing money. When there are 12 cards in a pack and You get 6 gameplay cards, it hurts :(

I dug up an old Be a Pro game I had running today and man, it still has some major flaws:

- Your teammates are extremely idiotic when it comes to defending. They are usually positioned wrong, are easily owned by an attacker and when they actually do try to go for the ball they end up brutally fouling the opponent, resulting in a yellow card.

- When you create a player before you start Be A Pro you get to choose which position your guy is best at; I chose AMC. My first team, which was some random Norwegian team, made me a striker and sometimes a left winger, simply because they had no AMC in their tactic but I was fine with it because I got to do what I'm best at: attack. Now I'm at Arsenal, rated around 85 or so. I play my first game; Rosicky is AMC, I'm....DMC. So I'm like 'okay, I'll do my duty for once' but I've been DMC the whole season now. When I say I'm an AMC and I've proven to be effective there, why do they buy me and then put me in a position that forces me to stay behind a lot?! And I still score more than f'n Walcott!

- The player rater is sometimes bullshit. I get positioned in front of goal for a free kick 'cause I'm a big dude, but then the opponent counters and I get a minus for defense because I wasn't there. What the fuck do you want me to do? Also, when the opponent is attacking and you want your GK to come out and get the ball you obviously hold Y, but then sometimes you just get a minus for "pass", wtf, bad registration. Or I get -defense if my opponent gets the ball even though I'm still in front of him so I have enough time to take the ball. Your teammates also flat out refuse to pass the ball to you once in a while and this results in a -pass, which makes no sense at all because in real life players call for the ball all the time and they don't get it. It shouldn't be a minus for you, your teammate simply decided he had a better option.

- There should be more media stuff and maybe little stories in which you get to pick what to do (like in Manager Mode). I mean, I beat Argentina with Norway in a friendly with 4-1, but they don't recognize it, it's dull. I win the French league with Lorient in my second season and there's no story about how special this is for a club like Lorient to win the title etc etc. It would also be cool to be able to actually train on a training ground with your team.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Random. My Ultimate Team disappeared from my hard drive so I had to download it again.

Also the search thing pisses me off. It's far too broad. I have to go through hundreds of bull shit pointless things like Lech Poznan kits and Banik Ostrava badges just to get to the 900th page for my Rotherham United kit I need for my collection. <_<

Yeah the searching needs to be more refined if they do another version for FIFA 10. It's good as is if you're just generally browsing but if you're looking for a specific kit or something it can be really annoying.

I uploaded a video of the best goal the CPU has ever scored against me. I was winning 5-0 at the time so it didn't really matter but I thought it was pretty good.