alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a quality game online last night.

I was Man City, he was Chelsea.

I played all out defence for most of the match, he hit the post and had a couple cleared off the line but could not beat Shay Given.

I dragged it through extra-time and into penalties, where Given was the hero again, saving all 3 of Chelsea's penalties and I scored all of mine, winning 3-0 on penalties.

Wonderful stuff.

The hell, can you not save goals on this? :angry:

I was just playing in my Manager Mode and scored a super goal with Owen (it probably wasn't super compared to some that are online, but for my standards it was super) and then found out that I couldn't save it. I felt like smashing my console up, because it's a goal I'll never duplicate.

Also, Manager Mode gives me a good laugh with the little amount of realism in league placements. Stoke in second place after ten games, Liverpool in seventeenth having only won two out of ten. Hopefully that doesn't stay like that.

The hell, can you not save goals on this? :angry:

I was just playing in my Manager Mode and scored a super goal with Owen (it probably wasn't super compared to some that are online, but for my standards it was super) and then found out that I couldn't save it. I felt like smashing my console up, because it's a goal I'll never duplicate.

Also, Manager Mode gives me a good laugh with the little amount of realism in league placements. Stoke in second place after ten games, Liverpool in seventeenth having only won two out of ten. Hopefully that doesn't stay like that.

Erm you can save replays.

I'm on 360 so I'm guessing 'Y', in which case it has 'upload' for that and it's dark and cant do anything. I'm playing in Manager Mode if that explains anything? I checked google and a few people are saying you can only upload them to the ea website or something? I don't really mind how I get them up, but it refuses to let me and upload is just blanked out so when pressing it, nothing happens. Hopefully one of you lovely people can explain a way round this :wub:

Edited by Scum Fan 4 Life

Sign-up/in on the EA Football World website with your PSN details. I had to do this before when the upload option was greyed out. From that point onwards, I was able to upload.

And no, you can't just save replays to your HDD. Hopefully, you'll be able to in FIFA 10.

Had some fun playing 2v2 offline multiplayer last night. My bro and his mate picked Spain and since they play it less than I do and his other friend they got to pick our team (went random - got Bristol). We won 2-0. We also beat them Morecambe 4-1 Brazil and Chunnam Dragons 3-0 Inter. Was a good lesson in alternate defence methods knowing you can't keep up with your Torres' and co.

And since it doesn't have a thread I might as well mention that another friend and I got our revenge on them playing NBA 2K9 too playing Cavs vs Magic we banged the 3's in and got LeBron in foul trouble early so they were screwed.

If somebody quits on you online, do you receive the win? (I don't even know anything about any ranking system on here, I just play quick ranked matches) I was Chelsea and played against Liverpool. Scored in the 85th minute and then got the ball back and managed to hold possession, so he quit in the 90th minute. Boo these people.

Also, overheads are officially impossible. It's not that I cant score one, it's that I cant even do one. Whatever placements, it's just IMPOSSIBLE.

I'm having major problems with online cups... I used to think that I was an average Fifa player, but damn... Online tournaments on UT are impossible for me, haven't won a single one yet, I was in final 2 or 3 times but never won a cup... And since I want to complete the collection I need to have all the trophies, so... any advice? I'm on PS3 and there are many things people use against me that I don't know how to do - for example when my opponent gets the ball he somehow puts it far ahead of himself, and runs onto it, often that equals a goal for him... And free kicks... how to score from freekicks? Some people are talking about curling, or driving shots... How to do them? Thanks in advance for advice, guys.

Edited by TheBoss

You need to push the RS whatever direction you want to knock it ahead of you. The longer you hold it, the further he knocks it ahead. Also for free kicks, you're best off checking out the free kick tutorial on youtube, as it shows pretty much every style of free kick and how to do them. My problem is that I never get a free kick. I've played about thirty games against the computer and they haven't conceded a single free kick (other than offsides in my half).

Seriously though, does anybody know how to make overheads/bicycle kicks easier? All I keep hearing is 'positioning', but it doesn't matter what position I'm in, it refuses to do an overhead. Out of four hundred attempts, my players have attempted one (which seemed by accident anyway). I'm tired of them going for twenty yard headers or a header from every single direction when it's clearly at the perfect angle to be volleyed or for an overhead. Why cant they make it fucking simple like old times where you just double tap shoot or something to attempt one?

My only advice is to stop trying. I mean I was trying for ages making sure all my crosses were coming in just behind the target player and little chips and all sorts and then just as I gave up I got it randomly from a corner. You're gonna get it a lot easier if you're using class players mind rather than Notts Forest like I was.

If you want to do it the easy (read: cheaty cheaty) way then use 2 players and do this:

or use the keeper to chip it to yourself inside the box.

My only advice is to stop trying. I mean I was trying for ages making sure all my crosses were coming in just behind the target player and little chips and all sorts and then just as I gave up I got it randomly from a corner. You're gonna get it a lot easier if you're using class players mind rather than Notts Forest like I was.

If you want to do it the easy (read: cheaty cheaty) way then use 2 players and do this:

or use the keeper to chip it to yourself inside the box.

I've come to the conclusion that you're right. As I said, it's just annoying when they're in the perfect position for one and instead do the most daft header I've ever seen. And it doesn't help seeing the amount of super overheads online, which make them look like they're easy to do.

Anyway, finally got on a winning streak online after losing about ten. Decided to try out Aston Villa and it seems I've found the team for me. Went on a three game unbeaten run, they were just unstoppable. Destroyed Valencia 4-1 as well and the guy tried playing cheap (running with one fast player into the box and doing a short pass for a shit goal, but it didn't work). Agbonglahor is lightning quick and just perfect alongside Carew.

If anybody fancies a game any time (360) then just add me (JohnnyPerfect7) and send me a message so I know who you are. I'd rather not play as any of the best teams (United and Barca to be specific) as I'm just bored of playing against them.

Aston Villa are the best team to use online, ridiculous pace and Carew is a monster who can't be forced off the ball.

Was about to say that too :blush: Villa ARE one of the best teams to use and using Gabbie and Young is the same as using Villa with Valencia, maybe even worse because I'm sure Villa doesn't have 99 speed.

During last season they did this Interactive League in which you could play as your favorite team every week against the real life opponent of that week. All the results were added up and in the end Man Utd was the champion and Aston Villa easily ended as second before Chelsea, Liverpool etc... I just played a game against Villa with Villareal and Heskey is faster than all the Villareal defenders, it's ridiculous. Gabbie is not only fast but a wonderful defender and extremely strong for his size and Barry....well Barry is just 90 or something overall, a f'n beast.

Edited by The Quasi Juice