FIFA 09

alldaws1

It´s realy sad... i don´t mind be a pro and Ultimate Team is very nice (but you had to buy that extra)... but Manager Mode should be the make or break... it´s so wacky, i play the same team twice in one week, one game i just murder them, the next game i do not get one shot at the gal! :-X

Some very strong trams only seem to play strong against me, but are shit in the league table.

+ Cups are not Real.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish I knew why I can't upload freaking goals. I've had some rather lovely ones this past week. Of them, my favorite are:

An attempted lob/through ball that I held on the button WAY too long on. Said ball proceeds to fly over the far side of the goal, at least that's what it looked like anyway. Instead, it dives rather quickly and pockets itself in the top corner as the keeper stands there staring at it like WTF ? I then get the "screamer" trophy for said "shot."

Having a newfound love for American players in the game I hadn't really touched, I signed Charlie Davies to my Bundesliga 2 1860 squad. His first match in he subs in in the second half and immediately gets a breakaway. Three shots off the keepers face later he's got his first goal. It was nuts. The keeper kept deflecting with the noggin and each one went right back to Davies.

Lastly, I managed a header from the top of the box on a deflection from a corner. I cut it short hoping to get a quick glance at the short side of the goal but the defender popped it up. 10 seconds later the ball decides to make its way back down and I'm in the right position and send it back in for shits and giggles. I thought I'd get an actual shot off but instead (Davies again) slaps the header to the back post and clanks it in past the diving keeper.

But alas, no proof as for whatever reason I can't upload the f'n vids (PS3). Bullschmidt.

Wow, how very before 1996. You win the league Title in Manager Mode and you don´t even see the team getting the trophy. Fucking Lame... let´s hope the Cup at least has got the CUP in it...

Wow, you get to see the Team celebrate for a whole second wen you win the Cup, but WITHOUT THE FUCKING CUP. Lame.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

There are just loads of stuff wrong with Manager Mode, but I still play it (mainly with my mate) because it's the only way you can mold a team into what you want. The fun part for me is buying new players, but stuff like two matches on the same day and players not wanting to move because they want a higher salary but you can't offer them any higher is just fucked up. I love the fact that you play UEFA Cup and Champions League though...does suck a bit that the winner of the Championship gets a UEFA Cup spot :shifty:

There are just loads of stuff wrong with Manager Mode, but I still play it (mainly with my mate) because it's the only way you can mold a team into what you want. The fun part for me is buying new players, but stuff like two matches on the same day and players not wanting to move because they want a higher salary but you can't offer them any higher is just fucked up. I love the fact that you play UEFA Cup and Champions League though...does suck a bit that the winner of the Championship gets a UEFA Cup spot :shifty:

I did not encounter these Problems, but tha might just be because the german Bundesliga actualy got less Teams. What i noticed though is that most of my players earn more than they want to, so i just offered them a new contract with reduced payment to save money in the long run.

I have not bought or soled a player yet, mainle because Bremens team is already pritty strong and still young - i put the money in the Training pit.

All of the Teams got the spot they deserved by their rank in the league... though Mönchengladbach in the Champions League and Munich not even in the UEFA Cup... just strange.

I highly recomend to buy Naldo of Werder Bremen as a CB. He gained like 8 or 9 Skillpoints in one Season and is now worth over 30 Million. He was my best player in the first Season, i guss because he´s big and fast (i like to put preshure on)

Planning on finally picking this up for myself, as it's unbelievably cheap right now. Just got one question though, how recent are the updates for this game? Do they only do the odd few updates or are they done on a more regular basis? (I.E Ronaldo to Madrid is done etc) Basically, what's the most recent update for this?

I'm not sure if I should really buy it if there's no more planned updates or the most recent transfers done, as I may as well just wait for the next one in a few months. I'm fussy in terms of sports games being updated, so it's quite a big issue for me. (although I know you can edit it yourself, it's just that's the hard way :P )

Edited by Scum Fan 4 Life

Planning on finally picking this up for myself, as it's unbelievably cheap right now. Just got one question though, how recent are the updates for this game? Do they only do the odd few updates or are they done on a more regular basis? (I.E Ronaldo to Madrid is done etc) Basically, what's the most recent update for this?

I'm not sure if I should really buy it if there's no more planned updates or the most recent transfers done, as I may as well just wait for the next one in a few months. I'm fussy in terms of sports games being updated, so it's quite a big issue for me. (although I know you can edit it yourself, it's just that's the hard way :P )

To be honest, it would be rather silly of them if they kept updating all transfers. Updated rosters is always one of the main selling points of the next FIFA. It has been updated 'till the end of the January transfer period (which means you still have Ronaldo at Real :pervert:) and most significant transfers are easily done manually anyway.

I did not encounter these Problems, but tha might just be because the german Bundesliga actualy got less Teams. What i noticed though is that most of my players earn more than they want to, so i just offered them a new contract with reduced payment to save money in the long run.

I have not bought or soled a player yet, mainle because Bremens team is already pritty strong and still young - i put the money in the Training pit.

All of the Teams got the spot they deserved by their rank in the league... though Mönchengladbach in the Champions League and Munich not even in the UEFA Cup... just strange.

I highly recomend to buy Naldo of Werder Bremen as a CB. He gained like 8 or 9 Skillpoints in one Season and is now worth over 30 Million. He was my best player in the first Season, i guss because he´s big and fast (i like to put preshure on)

If you have fitness (under staff upgrades) at around 8 or 9 players basically never get tired, so maybe you have played 2 matches on the same day but you just don't notice it with their stamina. Offering players new contracts and shit is useless, at least I think so. If contracts end you get a message at the end of season if you want to extend their contracts, you say Yes and voila, they are at your club for another 3 or so seasons. I've never had any financial problems, even after giving some players big wages, especially with teams like Werder Bremen.

To be honest, every team can be improved ;) There are usually some interesting players on the transfer list at the start (like Terry :shifty:), but some good players are surprisingly cheap for their skill. I'm pretty sure Werder can use a better striker and left/right backs.

I also like to announce that Kieβling is a god. Thank you.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

To be honest, every team can be improved ;) There are usually some interesting players on the transfer list at the start (like Terry :shifty:), but some good players are surprisingly cheap for their skill. I'm pretty sure Werder can use a better striker and left/right backs.

Well, i am playing world class and i won both Titles. :shifty:

Just got this a few days ago, and have been checking out EA's guide they have online at their web site.

Are there any tricks that are actually useful in a game (IE not too hard to pull off and still effective)? They have all the different ones you can do listed out and I was just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of them...

To be honest, it would be rather silly of them if they kept updating all transfers. Updated rosters is always one of the main selling points of the next FIFA. It has been updated 'till the end of the January transfer period (which means you still have Ronaldo at Real :pervert:) and most significant transfers are easily done manually anyway.

Oh I certainly agree about the roster stuff, but don't they charge points for the update anyway? Just hoped by luck that they'd have done a more recent one, even if it meant them charging for the update. Is it still easy to make the switches in the game manually without slow loading etc? Also, any places online that you can find the majority of transfer updates? (Most of the major/decent ones, rather than lower league stuff)

Is that sportinglife.com? Noticed the transfer center there, is it just the Premiership teams though? Cant see anything to check out any other leagues.

Managed to get this off E-Bay for £12, which is a bargain that I couldn't pass up on, so I should have it in a few days. Also, what the hell are all the available updates/downloads in the 360 market? There's quite a few of them there, will I need to download them all?