FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only stuff available on to download are optional commentary packs in different languages and Ultimate team, none of which are necessary.

I think you do need to Download Ultimate Team to have the latest Patch that comes with the download. You just do not need to pay if you do not want to play UT.

You can also buy an Adidas Live Season subscription on the marketplace. Presumably the game you're buying is pre-owned so the code on the manual for ALS has probably already been used.

I'm pretty sure you can use the free cod emultiple times, because you only get one free league on each console anyway, so it'll be do no harm for it to be used twice. I've deleted personal settings on mine numerous times and entered it on a few different profiles and it worked fine. ALS sucks anyway.

You can also buy an Adidas Live Season subscription on the marketplace. Presumably the game you're buying is pre-owned so the code on the manual for ALS has probably already been used.

Explain more about this. What exactly is ALS? A lot of stuff involving this game sounds really complicated compared to Pro.

Also, I could of sworn there was also an available update for the end of season transfers? I took a look earlier and I think it was the top download on there and the info said something regarding the end of the season updates, unless I read it wrong. Also, will I need to download any updates to play online? I know with Pro you cant play people unless you have downloaded the most recent update, is this the same with this? And I take it you cant update teams and use them online? (I.E putting Ronaldo to Real and playing with them online)

Explain more about this. What exactly is ALS? A lot of stuff involving this game sounds really complicated compared to Pro.

Also, I could of sworn there was also an available update for the end of season transfers? I took a look earlier and I think it was the top download on there and the info said something regarding the end of the season updates, unless I read it wrong. Also, will I need to download any updates to play online? I know with Pro you cant play people unless you have downloaded the most recent update, is this the same with this? And I take it you cant update teams and use them online? (I.E putting Ronaldo to Real and playing with them online)

You have to download the latest squads to play ranked online. Adidas Live Season is useless now the season is over. Basically it updated the stats depending on how each player played that week.

Oh and now you cna play with custom squads in ranked, because theres a glitch that allows you to do so. So now if you play online, alot of the time you face assholes with an all star team, usually with some stupid 8-0-2 formation.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came out and said "ZOMG - FREE ALS updates for every league for the 2009/10 season!" - Didn't everyone get one league free for the season last time anyway?

I never liked the idea when I heard about it. I'd rather the form of my players increase/decrease depending on how I'm playing in the MM, not how they're playing in real life. There's WAY too much work going into this feature, thinking about it.

The game somehow arrived today despite me only paying for it over E-Bay yesterday. Just wondering, is there any special tricks, buttons, shots, crosses or anything I need to know about that the guide doesn't explain?

I'd only previously played the demo and the odd game or two at a friends, but damn it's so different to Pro, to it's hard to get a grip of things early on, but it's got a really good feel to it. Just really need to practise on the tricks I feel. What would everybody say is their favourite camera angle as well? I've currently got it on 'tele' with the zoom fully out so it's pretty high, seems about the best I've found so far.

I use that camera angle too, I like to see as much of the pitch as possible.

I think the manual should explain just about everything. I personally don't even bother with any of the tricks, most of them are a bit pointless.

I'm usually not too good with tricks on these games, because it involves all sorts of stick movements and stuff, but I really want to practise on some of them as it seems there's some awesome ones included in this game (the main one being the Ronaldo style special cross he does).

Just played my first game as United against Stoke, just to try things out. Managed to win 1-0, Rooney scoring in the 88th minute. Very hard, but it's never easy switching from Pro to Fifa, because they play so differently. I'm sure I'll get used to it within time. Got to give the game props though, because I've put it down in the past. The Rooney goal just felt so much like a Rooney goal. It was from about eight yards out, a cross and he bursts passed the defender and smashes it into the net on the half volley, but in the way and style that Rooney would. For that moment alone, I take back all the bad things I've said about this game.

One more quick question, how is the improvement system in seasons? Do players shoot up over time too quickly or not? I ask this because the likes of Macheda are rated only 60, which seems a little low and I was thinking of bumping him up a little (if you can do that on here), but I wont do that if they improve greatly when playing in actual seasons.

Edit: Is it double tap shoot for overheads or just one tap as if you're trying to header it? I'm guessing it needs to be timed and at the right height? So far I've not managed to do it, just headers instead.

Edited by Scum Fan 4 Life

I have my camera on tele, but custom.

Former PES diehard fan here, was won over by FIFA08, although I bought both games each year, now I never buy PES.

60 is about right for Macheda, just because you score 1 good goal doesn't mean you're automatically a good player and need a boost.

Oh I know that, but 60 is still low for him really. I was thinking something more along the lines of 69-70, but just wondered if he'd boost up too quickly in season mode.

Very nice, although I should check out the others first. Then again, as I'm a nice person, I'll vote and try to help you win :shifty:

Played my first few online games earlier and the connection for the game is pretty damn brilliant. I haven't exactly got an amazing connection, but I played about five games online and only one of them was just a little slow, but not actual lag. Although I did have 'connection lost' twice during half time, is that something common? I also tried to play the 20 player thing, which is simply annoying. A bunch of idiots who took about twenty minutes to actually start, plus one random English guy saying 'fucking foreigners' for the entire duration. Then when the game finally started, somebody paused it and when it restarted, everybody on my team bar one person left the fucking match. Just ugh for that mode.

I've only won one online as well, due to either people playing cheap (as always in sports games) or one or two people just being too awesome for me. I'm surprised that there's quite a few people who actually choose decent teams though, I played twice as Wigan against Hull and some weird foreign team, one which I lost, the other I won. Wigan are actually pretty good on here and have given me my only win to date, in a thrilling 3-2 match. I really lack in defending though, it just seems people can speed passed you whenever it's one on one situations or anything. RVP is almost unstoppable and Agbonglahor is faster than Usain Bolt.

Onto Manager Mode though, I take it there's no way to choose what teams you want in the league at the start? (Wanted to have Wolves, Burnley and Birmingham in there) And when scouting players, can you not view there age when a result comes back?