Carling Cup Semi Finals et al

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think Anderson just refuses to score, had the chance to open his account but passed it so Tevez could get his hat trick.

Gary Neville- I respect and like him but he just can't handle the games in the top flight anymore, although who knows? maybe he'll get better after he gets more games under his belt considering he's missed so much football. McCarthy absolutely dominated him for the first goal.

Looking forward to a United-Burnley semi final, but please let either Vidic or Rio or even O Shea play as the DC.

I actually think Anderson just refuses to score, had the chance to open his account but passed it so Tevez could get his hat trick.

Gary Neville- I respect and like him but he just can't handle the games in the top flight anymore, although who knows? maybe he'll get better after he gets more games under his belt considering he's missed so much football. McCarthy absolutely dominated him for the first goal.

Looking forward to a United-Burnley semi final, but please let either Vidic or Rio or even O Shea play as the DC.

That's because he's not selfish <_< He's a real team player, and very underated

But Tevez needs to now play instead of Berbatov for the next few games to keep his momentum, it's not as if we had a bad season last year without Berbatov now is it?

I also think Anderson needs to play in the middle with Carrick, the more he plays the more of a world beater he becomes <_<

That third United goal was unbelievable, even if it was against a pretty shitty performance Blackburn. Anderson is one for the future, always felt he was while people set their eyes on Nani, I always cared more for Anderson. He's one of my favourite players in the game right now, just so different to what I expected when he first arrived, brilliant player. And he doesn't care who scores the goals, as long as they're scoring (Y)

Great to see Tevez on top form. I'd like to see him start more games, but it's brilliant knowing you've got a top class striker to come on when he is on the bench, or vice versa if Berbatov is on the bench.

I can't see Burnley doing us over two legs. If it was a one off game and we had an off night then maybe....

Still they've beaten Fulham (West London), Chelsea (their West London rivals) and Arsenal (North London). Let's hope they don't beat Arsenal's North London rivals as well...

We just need to put up a few goals at WHL. I'm confident of us making the final and retaining the cup would be nice. :)

I can't see Burnley doing us over two legs. If it was a one off game and we had an off night then maybe....

Still they've beaten Fulham (West London), Chelsea (their West London rivals) and Arsenal (North London). Let's hope they don't beat Arsenal's North London rivals as well...

We just need to put up a few goals at WHL. I'm confident of us making the final and retaining the cup would be nice. :)

It may be our only way into Europe, so Redknapp will probably be putting out full strength teams for each game. So I can't really see us losing to Burnley over two legs (well, if we're serious about it we shouldn't).

• 5 weeks later...

Bah, we have no play through the centre at ALL. Because Zokora is holding back it means it's up to Modric, but he either gets muscled off the ball or goes wide, and Lennon and Bentley can't cross at the moment so we have no end product. Bentley also needs to stop this 'ooh, I can get another wonder goal from here!' shit, every time we have the ball in good position in the centre of midfield, Bentley just goes for a big whack at goal, which has unsurprisingly led to the crowd booing him at most opportunities.

And it looks like O'Hara is coming on for Bentley (goodo), which could fix all of the above :)

Awesome :D

Bah, we have no play through the centre at ALL. Because Zokora is holding back it means it's up to Modric, but he either gets muscled off the ball or goes wide, and Lennon and Bentley can't cross at the moment so we have no end product. Bentley also needs to stop this 'ooh, I can get another wonder goal from here!' shit, every time we have the ball in good position in the centre of midfield, Bentley just goes for a big whack at goal, which has unsurprisingly led to the crowd booing him at most opportunities.

And it looks like O'Hara is coming on for Bentley (goodo), which could fix all of the above :)

The Bentley boos were mainly from the Burnley fans because they're big rivals with Blackburn.