EliteXC on CBS Live Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr. Potato Head
Oh please you're talking about it like he just knocked out Fedor or Couture.

Yeah, exactly. I'm surprised it was that quick, but now Seth's going to get the "wunderkind" label...only to lose in his next fight to a journeyman like Justin Eilers. Or even Aaron Rosa.

GLYGYBYDZ, that was quick.

I was expecting that if Seth would win, he would win by something Kimbo wasn't good at, like ground game and submission. But no, he just straight punched Kimbo in the face and then punched him on the ground so many times that Kimbo went back in time just a little bit.

Seth was a cast member of Ultimate Fighter Season 2. You KNOW Dana White has gotta be smiling about this.

Guest Mr. Potato Head
So he loss..big deal. Lets see what happens next for Ferg. We'll find out what type of fighter he really is.

A crappy one. He can beat Ken Shamrock, but after that, he's done.

This is, however, the best interview he's ever given. :shifty:

I am calling a big hyped fight between Tito Ortiz and Seth Petruzelli sometime in 2009.

I do love the story however of Shamrock falling out of the main event, Petruzelli steps in last second, moving from nowhere to the main event (kind of like John Morrison did at Vengeance: NOC back in '07 to make a wrestling analogy) and make himself a star in 13 seconds. It really is one of those stories that are hard to come by.

I am calling a big hyped fight between Tito Ortiz and Seth Petruzelli sometime in 2009.

I do love the story however of Shamrock falling out of the main event, Petruzelli steps in last second, moving from nowhere to the main event (kind of like John Morrison did at Vengeance: NOC back in '07 to make a wrestling analogy) and make himself a star in 13 seconds. It really is one of those stories that are hard to come by.

I agree (on the Seth part). It's amazing the way the night turned out. I'm glad I stuck around to see that.

Man, I don't like the hype machine behind Kimbo as much as the next guy but he still had a fun aura around him and his fights. You could also tell that he legitimately wants to become a good fighter, and his heart is in it for the right reasons. But man, oh man I feel nothing but sorrow for him after that. I think he even may have had a few tears in his eyes. Where the hell can he go from here? Petruzelli is a far, far cry from a household name and after that embarrassing loss his entire hype, and image is gone. Fucking GONE. If EliteXC folds, I don't see him being signed anywhere else. Fuck, I don't see him doing much after this anyway. Tough break :(

MMA needs to stop allowing guys to go on PTI. Liddell, Rampage and Kimbo all made appearances before losses. I'm not saying it's like the SI/Madden jinx, but if they throw Anderson Silva or Gina Carano on there and they lose their next fight just remember this post.

MMA needs to stop allowing guys to go on PTI. Liddell, Rampage and Kimbo all made appearances before losses. I'm not saying it's like the SI/Madden jinx, but if they throw Anderson Silva or Gina Carano on there and they lose their next fight just remember this post.

:lol:

I'm not sure you know whom he's going up against...