Your Big Gay Face 5

YI

l_0231c5434d2fdbd952d50821f0a2d6cc.png

http://rapidshare.com/files/153153466/GAYERLIST.rar.html

1. "I'm Yours" by Chaos Days

Nothing like kicking us off with a catchy tune. Now is an AMAZING time to be a pop-punk fan in the UK, with some many brilliant bands around at the minute. It's just a shame it's the shit ones like "You Meat Six" who seem to be getting the biggest surge of popularity. This song is very "Take This To Your Grave" era Fall Out Boy. From the moment the vocal line kicks off, you just know it's going to be a great song. I get tingles in the first verse in the "...is there no possible way our feelings can change", bit, where it changes chord.

2. "Salt, Peppa & Spinderella" by Johnny Foreigner

A quirky number. Johnny Foreigner are another one of those 'twee' style bands, similar to Los Campesinos! It's starts with a building, pulsating style electro backing. And drums that sound like they're done using those green buttons on those ancient 'sit on your knee' casio keyboards. It builds and bills with "do-do-do"'s until the guitars eventually kick in for the big finish.

3. "Big Fists" by Azeda Booth

A sweet, breathy, little electro-pop number. Believe it or not, the vocals are actually provided by a man. It honestly doesn't sound like it. One of my favourite tunes on ths entire gaylist, perfect for chilling out.

4. "Impossible" by Shout Out Louds

Man, what a riff. I'm not sure what it's on, it could be steel drum, vibraphone, I honestly have no idea. It's fucking epic though. The chorus is absolutely huge too. The way it builds and has the big chorus, it kind of reminds me of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" in a way. Great Scandenavian indie-pop.

5. "The Biggest Waste Of 33 Minutes" by Razmataz Lorry Excitement

Possibly having the greatest name of all time, this Geordie is very much in the mould of LCD Soundsystem and Does It Offend You Yeah? Kick arse track. One that makes me just want to pill my tits off and go nuts. Sad I missed him at Leeds now. :( Gonna have to catch him up here, which shouldn't be too hard.

6. "401 Circuit" by I Am Robot And Proud

I Am Robot And Proud is one of my favourite electronic artists. His tunes are always so deinty and sweet. This is no exception. From his new album "Uphill City" this is one of the early standouts for me. Despite having no vocals, he never gets 'boring', there's always so much variation in his tracks.

7. "Pig" by This Town Needs Guns

Making their second appearence on a Gaylist. This time in celebration of their new album, "Animals". "Pig" is an exciting track, which must like the rest of the album, features twiddly guitar playing, frantic drum fills and intricate melodies. Hands down one of my favourite indie bands currently going.

8. "The Battle Of Head And Heart" by Bayonets.

This is an emo-rock/shoegaze styled act from the UK. If you think of artists in a similar vein to Brand New/Manchester Orchestra, then you are there. A slow building start with spoken samples over the top, it eventually kicks in to a great rock song, that would be one to make both the before mentioned bands proud.

9. "Second In Last Place" by Farewell City

I do love female fronted pop-rock/pop-punk bands. They tend to sound suspiciously similar half the time, but they're guilty pleasures, especially if the singer is fit. Farewell City seem to have 'slowed down' the formula a bit, with a song that has a riff and chorus that wouldn't sound out of place in say a Funeral For A Friend song (although it would need shouts underneath).

10. "Coma Rhythms" by The Great Eskimo Hoax

Another band name I really like, but I'm not really sure why, it just flows well. Quite similar to Grammatics who were on the last gaylist. Very atmospheric tune. Another one of my favourites on here.

11. "The Summer Breeze" by Tupelo Honeys

A deinty indie-pop tune, another Scandanavian number. Reminds me a bit of Belle & Sebastian and The School, who were featured on one of the earlier gaylists. I really love the chorus.

12. "Silhouettes" by Swimming With Dolphins

Uptempo electro-pop, with a kind of dreaminess too it. Very similar to Owl City and playradioplay! Gorgeous verse with female vocals before kicking in, PRP style for a dancey chorus with male and female singing in unison. Sweet track.

13. "God Damnit Leeroy" by Linda's Nephew

Another one of my favourites on this gaylist. Again an electro-pop style song, but this time there's guitars and stuff and it has a bit of a more synister edge to it. Just so god damn catchy. The chorus is absolutely huge.

14. "Monster Islands" by Lights Go Blue

Three consecutive electro twinged tunes. What can I say, it's what I'm into at the minute. This one again starts all dreamy and cute, but it soon shows a more 'ballsy' side. With a 'stabbing' chorus with 'shouty' vocals. The band list Four Year Strong as an influence, and personally I can hear it. Don't get me wrong, they're a totally different kettle of fish. But this song with a little tweak here and there, make it guitar based, could easily be a FYS tune.

15. "Desperate To Prove You're Not Desperate" by Consort With Romeo

Another female fronted pop-punk band. Catchy little song, plus she's so ridiculously fit, it's unbelievable. Unfortunately in the time of deciding to put them on the gaylist and actually putting it out, the band have split up. Why's it always the attractive ones that break up. :( RIP Consort With Romeo...RIP All The Above.

16. "Hop On A Sea Cow And Manatee Up" by The Sidekicks

What a fucking tune. First off, what a name. A bluesy-punk style of track. Although, it's more 'edgy' and dark than Gaslight Anthem. It's kind of more in the Loved Ones/Falcon area. Just makes me want to rock the fuck out.

17. "Night Of The Living Wage" by Pedals On Our Pirate Ships

GREATEST BAND NAME EVER!!! And what a fucking band too. Literally slap-bang in the middle of The Gaslight Anthem and Andrew Jackson Jihad. Brilliant stuff. This is the tune that opens their new, 8-track EP, "Take Flight". The EP as a whole is a perfect mix of catchy and angry. It's highly likely it will actually go down as one of my favourite releases of the year. Easily one of my favourites here.

18. "Does He Make You Laugh?" by Former Cell Mates

We continue the bluesy/punk-rock feel with a down-tempo tune from Sunderland based, Former Cell Mates. Such a beautiful tune. Again, one of my favourites on this gaylist.

19. "Treehouse" by Mimas

Nothing like a bit of moody post-rock to change the mood and wind us down for the end. Mimas sound so epic and grandiose, and the high vocals just add to the power of the track.

20. "Canoe" by Joey Cape

And I wrap things up with my favourite tune on here. Quite possibly my favourite tune of the decade. Seriously, an absolute classic. Joey Cape has such a beautiful voice, and it really shines in this acoustic track. Seriously, get this gaylist for this one song alone.

Which band is that a picture of? I ask for two reasons, 1 - the chick, 2 - the guy on the left with the most ridiculous haircut I've ever seen.

I'd also like to point out at this juncture, Ro from MiMi Soya = :wub:

Band = Consort With Romeo

Yes, it's the same "Canoe" (might be re-recorded, but I'm not sure...I keep hearing an underneath part every now and then I didn't on the original, but the original was shit quality because of myspace).

And Hero = :wub: