Question about Blu Ray players

Your Mom

I'm going to ask when I go shopping anyway but I figured if one of you guys knew it might save me some time which I would really appreciate. Plus I get to look smart to the electronics people :) Anyway my TV has only 1 HDMI thingie on it and my 360 is hooked up to that. Does a Blu Ray player have to be hooked up to HDMI and if so is there something I can buy to give me another HDMI plug? Like some sort of splitter or something.

Solution: Sell your 360 and buy a PS3. You get a better gaming system AND a Blu Ray player. Then all you need is one HDMI port anyway.

lol, Sony fanboys. Both consoles are equal in my eyes, but if you want a way better gaming selection keep your 360. Just get a Blu-Ray player.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=390676

I'd recommend the Blu-Ray hooked through HDMI and the 360 connected through the RGB connections

Also if you need them you can buy the cheapest HDMI cables available. Despite what the shop assistant might say all of the cables actually produce the same quality picture. Due to the format you either have a picture on the screen or you dont. There can't be signal degradation like there is with the other forms of connection (although some people have wasted a lot of time trying to argue that there is). This also goes for the splitter, you can't actually make the picture worse by adding a splitter to it so if that was a concern it needn't be.