Electronic Hall Of Fame

SeanDMan

A lot of the appeal to me of a sports game is to manage a franchise and watch them grow, from the struggling, plucky underdogs, to the dynasties and perenial powerhouses. To that end, a lot of times, I will watch a player grow from his rookie year all the way to the year he retires, and wonder, "if the game had such a thing, would he make the hall of fame?"

Since I am sure there is probably at least two people as sad as I am, here we go!

Quarterback #1, Retiring at 37 Years Old after 14 Years Pro

Career Stats

87.2 Passer Rating, 44258 Yards Passing, 317 Passing Touchdowns, 192 Interceptions, 63.7 Completion Percent

Best Statistical Season

100.4 Passer Rating, 3871 Yards Passing, 28 Passing Touchdowns, 9 Interceptions, 69.4 Completion Percent

Final Season

77.8 Passer Rating, 2789 Yards Passing, 16 Passing Touchdowns, 13 Interceptions, 61.2 Completion Percent

Awards

8 Time Pro Bowl Selection

Quarterback #2, Retiring at 36 Years Old after 14 Years Pro

Career Stats

71.7 Passer Rating, 32310 Yards Passing, 198 Passing Touchdowns, 222 Interceptions, 58.5 Completion Percent

Best Statistical Season

82.9 Passer Rating, 2890 Yards Passing, 21 Passing Touchdowns, 14 Interceptions, 58.8 Completion Percent

Final Season

64.3 Passer Rating, 2617 Yards Passing, 20 Passing Touchdowns, 23 Interceptions, 53.8 Completion Percent

Awards

None

So yeah, that is the class of 2017. Do either of them have a hall of fame shot? And any guesses as to who they are?

Wrong on both accounts.

Another year, another crop of retired superstars.

Halfback #1, Retiring at 34 Years Old after 13 Years Pro

Career Stats

4468 rushes for 20511 yards and 158 touchdowns, 613 catches for 4985 yards and 38 touchdowns

Best Statistical Season

489 rushes for 2507 yards and 25 touchdowns, 65 catches for 630 yards and 2 touchdowns

Final Season

155 rushes for 538 yards and 1 touchdown, 9 catches for 101 yards and 0 touchdowns

Awards

Rookie of the year, 1 MVP selection, 4 times Offensive Player Of The Year, 8 Time Pro Bowl Selection

Wide Reciever#1, Retiring at 35 Years Old after 15 Years Pro

Career Stats

918 catches for 11786 yards and 90 touchdowns

Best Statistical Season

103 catches for 1409 yards and 10 touchdowns

Final Season

15 catches for 150 yards and 1 touchdowns

Awards

3 time Pro Bowl selection

Not sure on either of them making the real hall of fame, but if there were a hall of fame for hype, one of them would definitely be in.

• 3 months later...

Since I never did say who was who, and I do intend to add to this topic in the future:

Eli Manning

Ben Roethlisberger

Reggie Bush

And Larry Fitzgerald.