Malcolm Middleton is a right mopy cunt.

METALMAN

Though I do like him. What are your favourite Malcolm Middleton moments? Do you prefer him solo? Do you prefer him Arab Strapping with his good friend whatever his name is? Do you prefer him dead?

Personally, although I do enjoy Arab Strap and Elephant Shoe is one of my favourite albums, I feel that the vintage Malcolm Middleton moments are to be found away from his bandmate and in his solo work. To paraphrase - I think Malcolm Middleton solo is better than Arab Strap.

A Brighter Beat is an amazing album. "Fight Like The Night" is an amazing song. Malcolm Middleton doesn't sing much in it though but that is no bad thing. ha. He should have been Christmas number one last year. Most upsetting that he wasn't.

And my favourite Arab Strap song is Cherubs. Does anyone else like it? I like Arab Strap because it reminds me of my voice and accent. I like to be reminded of my accent. Most other Scottish bands i.e. The View and Rod Stewart(fakey!) do not remind me of my accent. They don't seem authentic to me blah blah blah.

But yes, I feel I am rambling a tad so I will cut it short.

I doubt there's going to be anyone else replying to this >_<

I fucking love Malcolm Middleton, though. He uses the word "shite" more often in songs than anyone else ever. His lyrics are brilliant, and so are Moffat's in Arab Strap...I probably prefer his solo work as a whole - "Stay Close, Sit Tight", "Four Cigarettes" and "Fuck It, I Love You" are amazing tracks, for example - but Arab Strap have a lot more moments of one-off brilliance, moments of clarity and just "oh my fucking god that's perfect" lyrics...I just prefer Middleton's work musically, I think.

They're brilliant, though. I don't think there's a single Arab Strap or Malcolm Middleton song I could say I actually dislike, come to think of it.

I'm glad someone understands! I'd probably agree that Arab Strap have better individual songs but I prefer Malcolm Middleton as far as albums are concerned. Both are fantastic though.

I posted that when I was smeakit and I get a reply the next time I am such a state. What a coincidence. I was still expecting someone to reply before now though. Eh...

And if I put on a really sad voice I can sound just like him. One of the advantages of coming from the west coast of Scotland. There aren't many but it is nice to have something to fall back on besides the heart disease, chronic smoking and obesity.