The best movie intros...

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

The Matrix was pretty immense the first time round. Granted the whole style has been copied and butchered over and over ever since but... [spoilers just in case you live in a cave and haven't seen it]

The pure insanity of running around walls and fighting off agents and then almost being crushed to death in a telephone box by a truck and the groundbreaking special effects at the time were nothing short of awesome. Not to mention it has the 'wtf just happened' factor to it that just leaves intrigued and wanting more.

edit: I haven't got flash player on this PC so can't check, but this should be it: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NPtk7mweahY

Was discussing this with a couple of friends the other day and my case was for Apocolypse Now. The whole dream feel and overlapping shots gives it the most special feel to a movie intro i've ever seen.

Another inrto to a movie that I love, moving away from the usual, is BASEketball

"I got these cheeseburgers, man.."

God, that's gotta be the best thing the Wayans have ever done. I love that movie.