The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

19.23 Sebastien Carole is back with Brighton after being invited by manager Micky Adams to train with the side.

So.. his stint at Darlo went well. Also, Chelsea fans, commence getting your hopes up.

18.38 Sky Sports News understands that Juventus have made an enquiry about signing Chelsea's French winger Florent Malouda on loan.

And finally, Harry should've just joined when Jol left, it'd be quicker that way.

16.20 Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has revealed he would be interested in bringing Robbie Keane back to White Hart Lane from Liverpool.

Fuck off Malouda, no club should even take that guy for free, he's utter shit. I'd rather they continued to go after Diego, although that looks unlikely now City and co have joined the race for him.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal have struck a deal with Zenit St Petersburg for Andrei Arshavin, according to the Russian club, but a deal is still some way from being concluded.

The Gunners have been locked in talks with Zenit for some time over the services of the 27-year-old Russia international, who shone at Euro 2008.

Zenit have not revealed the figure Arsenal have bid for the club's long-serving player, although they claim the fee is the 'real market value of the player'.

Arshavin, who interested Spanish giants Barcelona last summer, is now discussing personal terms with Arsene Wenger's side, but Zenit say his lofty demands are currently outside Arsenal's budget.

"The fundamental understanding over the transfer of the player is achieved between the clubs," read a statement on Zenit's official website.

"At the moment the basic obstacle in realisation of the transaction is Andrei Arshavin's personal requirements."

He'd better come after all that.

Finally signed Arshavin hopefully lets hope wenger has had time to do a loan deal or two for a cpl of decent centre halfs lol as for other news why are spurs resigning the team that hadn't the stomach for 4th spot der a few years ago lol :P

Where did you see that? I haven't that he's signed anywhere.

Also, puncuation is your friend.

It's on sky sports that Zenit say they've agreed a fee and i'm pretty sure that was the only stumbling block cause he's mad to get outta there

So... he hasn't signed. Ok, so no developments on what I posted earlier.

In other news, now we need to get Richards for the 7m that was reported yesterday. That would be a bargain.

I'd mark for a return of our 1991 FA Cup winning team.

...and Anderton could be coaxed out of retirement I'm sure :shifty:

In all seriousness though I'd love to have the Keane/Defoe problem again :P

I think Harry's just trying to go back to our Martin Jol days. We had quite a good team then. ;)

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

So I was reading in a BBC article that in response to apparently unsettling Jones, Harry is claiming we're trying to unsettle Darren Bent. Unless Darren Bent is secretly able to double up as a centre back, and given the fact that he's not doing so hot as a striker in his primary position, I have to doubt that, then I don't see why we're going to be trying to unsettle him - as we don't need him. We tried to sign him earlier in the season, we didn't get him so we loaned in Cisse instead. As far as I'm concerned that's the end of Darren Bent's possibility of coming to Sunderland.

So Harry... please, go be senile elsewhere, stop dragging us into it. We want nothing to do with you or any of your players, just leave us alone :crying:

Edited by IAceI

Keane denies Spurs talks as transfer cut-off looms

By Gordon Tynan

Robbie Keane has denied he is involved in transfer talks with Tottenham and was included in Terry Venables' squad for last night's game against Sunderland at Elland Road. Leeds officials spoke to the Republic of Ireland international on Wednesday and pointed out that no fee had been agreed with Tottenham, while Keane assured them he had not spoken to the London club. Keane aims to leave before the transfer window closes on Saturday night because he wants regular first-team football.

Robbie Keane has denied he is involved in transfer talks with Tottenham and was included in Terry Venables' squad for last night's game against Sunderland at Elland Road. Leeds officials spoke to the Republic of Ireland international on Wednesday and pointed out that no fee had been agreed with Tottenham, while Keane assured them he had not spoken to the London club. Keane aims to leave before the transfer window closes on Saturday night because he wants regular first-team football.

The Middlesbrough manager Steve McClaren is running the rule over the Italian defender Emanuele Brioschi as the transfer deadline approaches. The 27-year-old Bologna player, who has been on Teesside for a brief trial, began his career at Bari but became a fixture in the Venezia side before moving to Bologna.

McClaren has worked hard to remodel his squad since his arrival at the Riverside Stadium last summer and set a new club record when he paid Empoli £8.15m for the Italian international striker Massimo Maccarone. He has recruited Juninho, currently starting his recovery from surgery on his damaged knee in America, George Boateng and Franck Queudrue, with the Cameroon international midfielder Geremi also having joined on loan from Real Madrid.

Boro had been linked with a £5m swoop for the England Under-21 international Malcolm Christie and Chicago Fire's 20-year-old midfielder DaMarcus Beasley, but McClaren has insisted that neither was on the cards. However, the Teessiders have been having a look at the former Rangers defender Tony Vidmar and the Swedish winger Jesper Blomqvist, and one or both could yet be handed contracts.

Birmingham City's summer-signing Jovan Kirovski is facing a further spell on the side-lines. The United States international was unfit for the start of the Premiership campaign due to a thigh muscle injury. He attempted a comeback in a practice match with Blackburn this week but was forced off and now manager Steve Bruce said he cannot put a time scale on when he will be fit.

Ipswich Town's French winger Ulrich Le Pen is joining Strasbourg on loan until the end of the season. Le Pen, 28, joined Ipswich from Lorient last season but failed to make an impression after being plagued by injuries. Strasbourg will have an option to complete a full transfer for £750,000 at the end of the season.

- According to the Independent on Thursday, 29 August 2002

:shifty:

This is the sort of signing I would have expected back in 2005 or 2006 to be honest, for Bolton at least. Probably a lot cheaper, signing a player like Veloso so he can springboard to a big club. But 2009 and they're signing him, that's just a bit bizarre. Still, give him a year and the big boys will all come sniffing around. They'll have to pay through the nose no doubt but that's their own fault for letting him get this far and never bringing him to the Premiership.

At the same time I do love it when smaller clubs sign a big player like that, it's a shame they can never hold onto them though.