Colour and The Shape vs There Is Nothing Left To Lose?

Liam

Foo Fighters  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better album?

• The Colour And The Shape
    • There Is Nothing Left To Lose

I was thinking about this the other day when talking with my girlfriend about music. The Colour and The Shape is probably one of my favourite albums, but I also really like There Is Nothing Left To Lose, and on some days probably prefer the latter album. Other Foo Fighters albums for the most part come way behind both of these. The Color and The Shape is generally considered thier best album, but I was wondering is there really any argument for There Is Nothing Left To Lose being the better album?

I'm not really into the Foo Fighters song but I'll go for The Colour And The Shape on the basis of "My Hero" which is a good song. "Walking After You" is on it too I think. I used to love that song

And the famous "Everlong" and "Monkey Wrench" too obviously, though on a personal level I find them a bit boring, I can appreciate why they are so popular.

Looking at the songs on There Is Nothing Left To Lose I see three I recognise. I find "Learn To Fly" boring. I just think "Breakout" is a bad song and "Next Year" is merely okay.

Fairly easy win for The Colour And The Shape.

On the subject of Foo Fighters I have four of their albums despie not really liking them much.

"In Your Honor" is quite shit. Particularly the terrible acoustic songs. "Deepest Blues are Black" is amazing though.

"Skin and Bones" is pretty good. At least as far as proper Foo Fighters songs are concerned. Afore mentioned In Your Honor acoustic songs are doubly terrible.

"Echoes, Silence, Patience And Grace" is one of the worst, most boring albums I have heard.

"One By One" is pretty good though. I like nearly every song on that. Particularly "Low".

It's amazing how lengthy my posts become when I am trying to avoid doing an essay. :)