Fifa 09 Online Tournament (Xbox)

Whisper

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 is better than 7 Sam, stick around and have some fun.

I played Slogger and we draw 1-1 in full time and went to 3-1 to me in extra time.

The match itself was a bloody close affair with the ball stuck in the midfield area. Things however went wrong for Slogger when he had Pizarro sent off for a shocking challenge on Juan. The match continued to be close until the 45th minute, when Slogger gave me a free kick on the edge of the area. Totti stepped up to the mark and slammed it into the back of the net.

the second half continued to be tight, but Slogger made his pressure pay and volleyed it home to equalize. Both teams then had efforts to win the game but missed some rather easy chances. On the whole a fair result.

If Extra time counts, which i doubt, Totti and Baptista scored my goals. Slogger can confirm his scorer when he comes in i can't quite remember.

Roma 1 - 1 Werder Bremen

Totti '45 , ??? '55

Edited by L.C.S

LCS vs Slogger finished 1-1, We played Extra Time but I think we should keep the score secret until we know what the procedure is for a draw after 90. (Nevermind saw LCS's post)

Highlights:

Lag caused me to slide on a Juan without the ball causing a red card.

LCS got a free kick and Totti nailed it when I made the wall jump early.

Totti lighting me up like a Christmas tree.

Me striking back on a volley to lock it up at 1 (Scorer was Rosenberg)

Then a shot deflected by LCS's keeper gives Diego a shot on the volley and it hit's the woodwork (I almost hit the roof, Let me tell ya)

Was a close game, A few times I got a run on goal and LCS had a few close shots too.

Good game, LCS is gonna be hard to beat.

Edited by Superbowl Slogger

Sam you're welcome to join in if you want mate, an 8th would be awesome... though I'm kinda liking the idea of a league rather than a tournament so I'll probably keep the league structure if everyone's ok with that. 14 matches is a bit epic... though there's no rush, and they'd be done in everyone's free time, just let me know if any of you guys aren't up for that.

But yeah Sam, let me know which team you'd like and your gamertag and I'll slot you in. You'll be playing Pepsi this week should you sign up :)

Also, league guys.. so Extra time doesn't count :P Nice to see a game up though :)

Edit - Shit.. reading their match report... people can score free kicks? Balls, I'm out of my depth :P

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Ok, I've added Sam in and General, I can add you in as well if you'd like. We're not even past the first round of matches yet so you're welcome to join... Don't wanna exclude anyone who has an interest if I can avoid it. Just means someone will pull double duty each round of fixtures, which is no problem.

EWB Online Xbox League - Updated Matchday 1 Fixtures

(AD) Tottenham vs. Bolton (Smitherman)

(Slogger) Werder Bremen 1-1 Roma (L.C.S)

(Whisper) Ajax vs. Newcastle (Jordan Stiva)

(Pepsi) Aston Villa vs. Benfica (Sam)

(The General) Fulham vs. Werder Bremen (Slogger)

Congrats Slogger, double duty for you :P

So can I still sign up?

Anyway my gamertag is DutchAnimal and I'd like to play as Atletico Madrid.

If not then oh well, I'll just go on playing Man U glory fans.

Ahaha, people need to stop signing up :P

But it's cool, you can just play The General this week then, instead of Slogger.

EWB Online Xbox League - Updated Updated Matchday 1 Fixtures

(AD) Tottenham 2-0 Bolton (Smitherman)

(Slogger) Werder Bremen 1-1 Roma (L.C.S)

(Whisper) Ajax 0-2 Newcastle (Jordan Stiva)

(Pepsi) Aston Villa vs. Benfica (Sam)

(The General) Fulham vs. Atletico Madrid (Animal)

Can't accept anymore now after this , so yeah stop signing up :P

Edit - Also gonna PM everyone a fixture list for each set of matches, just so everyone knows what's going on :)