Fifa 09 Online Tournament (Xbox)

Whisper

Ok, change of plan... Welcome to the EWB Fifa Online League :P

Basically, this now going to be a straight league system. Play each team twice, winner is well.... the winner :P

It means more matches obviously so it'll take a bit longer but as long as everyone is ok with that, then I think it's better than trying to do a 7 man tournament.

I'll keep this topic updated with each set of fixtures, running league table etc. Scratch the idea of using a league system in game, it won't let me do the format properly... so everything will be reported back here.

1. Whisper in the Wind - Ajax (Pilch44)

2. Smitherman - Bolton (BWFC619)

3. Pepsi Twist - Aston Villa (TidierCorpse)

4. Slogger - Werder Bremen (Slogger9)

5. AD - Tottenham (dwsnuk)

6. L.C.S - Roma (BigDub2k6)

7. Jordan Stiva - Newcastle (Randy For Orton)

8. Sam - Benfica (SamTivyWard09)

9. The General - Fulham - (SpiderSambo)

10. Animal - Atletico Madrid - (DutchAnimal)

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, one more at least and we can get this thing going. I'll leave sign ups open for tomorrow and see how much more interest we get, then I'll get some groups and whatnot posted....

Also, anyone have any suggestions on the timeframe I should give people to get matches done? 3-4 days sound fair to you guys?

Was hoping we'd get one more really.. 7 would be a bit awkward. I'll leave sign ups open for a bit to see if we get anyone else, but does anyone have any ideas of what to do with 7?

Could do just the one group of 7, and play everyone once... It would just mean someone would play 2 games each round of matches.

We only have one copy of FIFA between me and Dragsy so he wouldn't be able to play if we set up a proper online league but if we're keeping stats by ourselves and recording them in the thread then we could do a head-to-head game offline.

Edit: Just asked, he's not interested :P

Edited by AD

**First post updated with league details**

EWB Online Xbox League - Matchday 1 Fixtures

(AD) Tottenham vs. Bolton (Smitherman)

(Slogger) Werder Bremen vs. Roma (L.C.S)

(Whisper) Ajax vs. Newcastle (Jordan Stiva)

(Pepsi) Aston Villa vs. ??? (Sam)

Smitherman pulling double duty this week :P . Arrange between yourselves when you can play matches. Since the league system within the game doesn't seem to want to work properly, we'll just do everything here. Report back here with your results, mini match reports etc if you'd like... whatever really, have some fun with it. I'll create a new post after every round of matches, listing the results and the next set of fixtures.

Anyhow, let's say Sunday evening is the deadline for these fixtures. G'luck :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit - Jordan let me know when you're free to play our game. I'm here until about 7 tonight, then most of the day tomorrow.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind