Chelsea sack Scolari

AJ

Yeah, probably. All the Chelsea players will be jetting off to other places, why can't he? I think it's an ideal situation for Chelsea - they can't get a top class manager now (Ancelotti, Mourinho etc.) and it's hard to imagine a Rijkaard or Mancini taking the job for 4 months. Grant simply isn't good enough for the job. Hiddink taking the job part-time is the only way they'll get a great manager mid-season that they can get let go in the summer.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grant simply isn't good enough for the job.

I would disagree, but he'd be a fool to return to a club who kicked him out (and would most likely kick him out AGAIN in May) instead of Portsmouth or any other such club that wanted him.

It's relatively easy to succeed when you're at a club that has a fantastic ethos, world-class players and you only have half a season to fuck things up. Chelsea was a ship set on auto-pilot for success and Grant allegedly did almost nothing during his time at the club. He didn't take training and he let Steve Clark and the players take team talks. I'd like to see how well he did with a team whose confidence is low, whose players are ageing and that's been shorn of their best asset (Steve Clark.) Seriously, Clark has the makings of one of the best managers in the game. What he's done at West Ham is miraculous and I attribute the vast bulk of our success and Chelsea's shortcomings to him.