Evolution Festival

TheRossWalker

Well...I saw Marina...and Little Comets...and...well...then woke up and it was Tuesday...hahahahaha. Had some many treble vodkas (off site of course), I apparently saw Ladyhawke (I went to Baltic and a mate went to see The Macc's) but I can't remember shit. Evolution's never about the music...so in that respect, fucking brilliant weekend. Now back to reality. Exam at 11. :(

Edited by YI

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Em...as for me.

Got in Newcastle about 12 or something. Walked about a bit and found out where everything is. Then we went to tesco across the bridge and had some lunch (£1 tuna sandwiches. they were well nice).

FAILED to get in with my cider and vodka so we went to this hill near the sage centre or something and got bevvied there. Then went back down, saw a couple of bands I don't know. Then saw Esser who was shite and had shite hair. Then saw Ladyhawke which was nice and all except I had a sore leg. Couldn't be bothered moving so stayed for Friendly Fires who were pretty shit. Maybe it's because their songs are all the same or maybe it's because I only saw them two weeks ago. Um and then Mystery Jets who were actually well good. They've got a lot of shit songs but they didn't play any of them so I was happy. The singer sat on a wee stool. It was so cute :wub:.

Oh and there were far too many young people there. They were enjoying themselves too much as well. :angry: The audience for Friendly Fires was like a nursery. Proper twats as well. I hate drunk 15 year olds.

If I could have done it again I'd have seen the View instead cause I know them personally and they might call me up on stage with them. <_<

Afterwards went to Digital. Asked this Newcastle guy where it was which was a bad idea as he decided he was going to walk us there, while telling us his life story in the process. Except he took us too far and we ended up in a gay bit so had to retrace our steps. Finally got to Digital which was nice for my limited funds with its 80p entry fee and 80p Carlsberg. I don't actually like Carlsberg but I can force it down if it's 80p a go. I won't be trying the "you've got a funny accent" chat-up line again though. haha.

Then out at 3am. Went to the most disgusting chippy ever, sat on a bench for a bit while EVERY SINGLE PERSON that passed by felt the need to say "you look a bit young to be going out" at me. At 4am train station opened so we went in this waiting room which was cold as fuck and there was this Glaswegian junkie in there that decided he was going to tell me all about his lengthy criminal record and a middle aged man from Edinburgh that said "fuckin'" every fuckin second fuckin word.

I hate people. :angry:

Haha, that mound of messy brown hair in that second picture might just be me since I was around that area for Ladyhawke.

Marina and the Diamonds are amazing. I can't really remember much of Dizzee except getting clattered about.

Edited by Jordan Stiva

Yeah, looking back, "Together In Electric Dreams" was easily the highlight of the weekend musically. So many people dancing like absolute tossers. Was glorious. :D

Anyone know where I can find out who played the Newcastle College stage? Were a couple of really good bands, would like to track them down.

Anyone else get a piss test? :shifty: I gave fake info (cos I wanted to just steal the piss cup, but couldn't :() and I imagine them sending your results through the post in a pink envelope with "CHLAMYDIA SCREENING!" on the front...yeah, not letting my mam and dad see that one. :shifty:

Oh Marina...is that a ladder in your tights or is it a stairway to heaven. :shifty:

So...who I saw;

People Get Real

Yuksek

Detroit Social Club

A band with 2 absolutely gorgeous singers (and had funky as fuck tunes)...my mate swears they also played Academy 2 on the Saturday at "Where Angels Play"...but they're not on their myspace :(

White Lies

The Human League

The Wombats

Marina & The Diamonds

A little of some band with a blonde bird who were good

Little Comets

Ladyhawke (apparently)

Friendly Fires (apparently)

Little Comets were really good (transition to big stage really well for a local band), they didn't do "Fiance" though. :( I saw someone else on the Newcastle College stage...but I'm not sure when...they didn't have fanny, so therefore, not as good.

Great times. Saw most of the bands I wanted to (Little Boots was an unfortunate casualty, Chase & Status too, but I was hammered so just went to Spillers and saw White Lies). I'd like to be able to remember Ladyhawke too. :( Not arsed about Friendly Fires. :shifty: But Evolution's never about the music anyway.

Wombats was awesome, as by some fluke, like 3 different groups of 'mates' kind of stumbled into each other, so there were shitloads of us (well like 10/11), great times.

Edited by YI