Evolution Festival

TheRossWalker

Eugh. Tiger. :( Tiger makes me cry. :(

The only good thing to ever happen in Tiger Tiger was talking to a guy in full Michael Jackson Thriller get-up. I mean, last time I went some girl told me she was going to put her heel through my head...the place is shit. :shifty:

Edited by YI

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time since I've been in Tiger Tiger, do they still do that thing where you order a bottle of lager and they put it on a paper doily, stick your change in a dish and expect you to leave a tip? Despite the fact they've just charged you £3 odd for a solitary drink? Once and never again...

Okay, looks like im definately out on monday at Digital, how will I recognize EWB'ers?

I wont be there anyway, but just checking, you are over 18, right? Because, if you're not I'd suggest not going. Yes, it's incredibly likely that you'll get in, but basically what you are doing is dumping yourself of a 'stranger' for the night, and you've become their responsibility. If you don't get in, they wont want to leave you, or there'd at least be awkwardness in 'dumping you'. :shifty:

If you're over 18, ignore...and...they'll be the ones in sombreros. :shifty:

I'm currently trying to figure out the logistics of smuggling a litre bottle into the venue. :shifty:

Okay, looks like im definately out on monday at Digital, how will I recognize EWB'ers?

I wont be there anyway, but just checking, you are over 18, right? Because, if you're not I'd suggest not going. Yes, it's incredibly likely that you'll get in, but basically what you are doing is dumping yourself of a 'stranger' for the night, and you've become their responsibility. If you don't get in, they wont want to leave you, or there'd at least be awkwardness in 'dumping you'. :shifty:

If you're over 18, ignore...and...they'll be the ones in sombreros. :shifty:

I'm currently trying to figure out the logistics of smuggling a litre bottle into the venue. :shifty:

Yeah, im 21 :P

Ill keep an eye for the Sombrero's

Good times! Match put a downer on things, plus I actually think I'm 'hungover' now...as apposed to drunk...but fuck, good crack, and to be fair, that's all Evolution is for.

Highlights;

• A midget leading a horse down Stepney Bank
  • ...the fight before Wombats...fuck me? Anyone see it? Man, fucking faiplay to that lad, he had like 10 people trying to kick the fuck out of him, but he kept fucking swinging and getting the fuck kicked out of him and stayed standing and was still swinging like a crazyman when finally restrained.

Oh and one of my mates told me you can see the river under the Millenium Bridge (like there's gaps in the 'floor') and I got full on skitz as fuck about crossing it.

Some of that fanny is just fucking wrong. You just know they only got their full set of pubes (and hopefully shaved...or at least gave them a trim :shifty:) sometime during this school year...but FUCK LORD!!!

Metalman, you're looking at a good 15/20 minutes a think. I'd suggest getting a taxi from Central down towards Spiller's Wharf too.

Edited by YI

Smuggling in might be a difficulty...I suggest...football socks...we decided that today...that or cross dressing in knee sucks...fuck me...knee socks. :wub:

Also, there seems to be a much more increased security/police presence this year who'll confiscate it off you in the arena (seen it happen a couple of times). £3.50 a pin too. :(

Edited by YI

Cock.

Bird I was meant to be going with had to pull out, because her family's up for a couple of days. None of the lads seemed particularly enthusiastic. Therefore, I have a spare ticket, which is a cunt, since I've wasted a tenner. I'm not that arsed about going solo, since I get to see Little Boots (possibly twice, she has an instore gig at HMV at 1, I'll go if it doesn't clash with Marina and the Diamonds), but fuck, I hate wasting money. If anyone needs a ticket,for a mate or whatever, look out for me, or just ring me, 07795245815, and I should be able to sort you out if it hasn't already gone. Plus, I get a new contract in a couple of weeks, and only about five people read this anyway. :shifty:

Edited by TheRossWalker

I came hone for a shower and to get changed before Dizzee, so I could go out. It now appears that I'm missing Dizzee, which doesn't bother me too much really. Only really saw Boots and Marina, both were awesome. I think Marina fancied me, she kept looking at me. :pervert: Might have a bit to do with me being one of the few (possibly only) in the crowd to be singing along with everything.

Also kinda saw VV Brown and Nouvelle Vague, but I wasn't really paying attention. I got hungry right after Marina, so I missed Little Comets, which sucks a bit, but I'll live.

Setlists:

Marina

Girls

Seventeen

I Am Not A Robot

What You Waiting For (Gwen Stefani)

Obsessions

Mowgli’s Road

Boots

Earthquake

Meddle

Tune Into My Heart

Remedy

Mathematics

Symmetry

Love Kills

New In Town

Stuck On Repeat

Crowd was a bit flat for Marina, but she was first on, and people weren't nearly drunk enough. There was an epic bottle throwing session before Little Boots, which also resulted in a couple of almost full cans of Strongbow (what a fucking waste) narrowly missing me.

Little Boots is fit as fuck.

Also, fuck me, I thought YI might have been exaggerating about the kids, but fucking hell. First gig where I've ever felt old. This shouldn't happen for a good couple of years yet. :(