Conan's last show

sahyder1

I'm far from a music critic but does that qualify as music?

:angry:

I don't even like the White Stripes much, but I liked that song.

Interestingly enough, that was the only White Stripes song I've heard that I didn't like......since I guess that song Jack did with Loretta Lynn doesn't count, that is.

Interestingly enough, that was the only White Stripes song I've heard that I didn't like......since I guess that song Jack did with Loretta Lynn doesn't count, that is.

"Portland, Oregon" was fucking fantastic, stop being wrong always.

Well, okay, no, you're right on the performance last night. I love the White Stripes, I love "We're Going to Be Friends," but I didn't like that performance of it at all.

The bad news: apparently Joel Goddard will not be moving to LA to announce The Tonight Show.

The good news is: Andy Richter will:

Andy Richter and Conan O'Brien—together again.

Richter, who was O’Brien’s sidekick for seven years on “Late Night with Conan O’Brien,” will be the announcer when his buddy takes over as host of NBC’s “The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien” on June 1, the network has announced.

It’s been almost nine years since they worked together on a daily basis. They should have never stopped working together, which was obvious during O'Brien's final "Late Night" on Friday, when Richter helped O’Brien say goodbye by showing clips of some of their favorite old skits.

Thankfully Richter also will participate in comedy bits on "The Tonight Show."

“Andy is one of the funniest people I know and we've maintained a close friendship since he left "Late Night," O'Brien said in a press statement. “We have a proven chemistry that will be an incredible asset to ‘The Tonight Show.’ I'm looking forward to working with Andy on a daily basis again, particularly since he owes me $300.”

Edited by Zero

Aww.. so what's Joel gonna do? Stay with Late Night?

EDIT: Nope. Huh. and oh wow, The Roots are going to be Fallon's house band.

Edited by RED Scout Cloudy

Aww.. so what's Joel gonna do? Stay with Late Night?

EDIT: Nope. Huh. and oh wow, The Roots are going to be Fallon's house band.

That threw me off too. Part of me wants to tune in just to see the Roots, but part of me is going to be greatly saddened by the fact that they're a house band. Just seems like a bad step for them..

As far as Conan's last show, I was pretty underwhelmed. His speech at the end provided a good moment and made it worth tuning in, but the whole show...hell, the whole last week of shows, I just expected more I guess.