WCW 1998

Guest UmpireAJS

Guest UmpireAJS

I always blooper up Hennig's name, thanks for clarifying that!

Eddie is in the tag match,because he has issues with Dean Malenko ongoing from Starrcade,and because he would draw more than any other Flock member [saturn is down both in overness and charisma and others are just not up to the mark.]

Thanks for the comments anyway, 1/19 Nitro, Thunder/Sat. Night and Souled Out preview coming your way soon.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UmpireAJS

WCW Monday Nitro [01-19-98]

LIVE From Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, IN

Your hosts are Tony and Bobby

Cruiserweight Opener

Ultimo Dragon vs Rey Mysterio Jr.

We are starting off with this hot cruiserweight match and not with nWo ramblings. Dragon starts with a headlock but Mysterio counters with a shoulderblock. Mysterio takes Ultimo Dragon down with a swift shot.Mysterio with a sunset flip but Ultimo Dragon kicks out. Mysterio climbs the top rope and attempts the missile dropkick but Dragon rolls out of the way and Mysterio stands on his foot.Another flip by Mysterio but Ultimo counters with a roll-up,Mysterio reverses,Ultimo counters and again Mysterio reverses! Ultimo finally kicks Mysterio hard to break the hold. Ultimo now in control as he takes Mysterio down with some stiff shots.Mysterio tries to go back up but Ultimo takes down with the body scissors.Cover by Ultimo,Mysterio kicks out.Ultimo locks in the sleeper,Mysterio fights for a while and then lariats Ultimo down.A flip on Ultimo, followed by a slingshot,Mysterio firmly in control.Mysterio delivers a stunning legscissors and follows it up with another leg scissors. Mysterio springs from the rope but Ultimo is not their for the Hurricanrana. Ultimo has moved out,Mysterio bounces back from the ropes to the outside and crossbodies Ultimo. Mysterio is the first to recover and goes back to the ring. Mysterio goes for another crossbody but Dragon moves out of the way and Mysterio crashes to the railing. Dragon picks up Mysterio and sends him to the ring. Intense chain wrestling proceeds,Ultimo tries to powerbomb Mysterio,Mysterio reverses with a rana and sunset flip for two count. Ultimo drop-kicks Mysterio and follows up with a handspring elbow. Dragon with some martial art kicks to Mysterio. Dragon locks in the sleeper but Mysterio counters it with a jawbreaker. Mysterio is now in control. Two body scissors and Ultimo is in trouble. Mysterio tries to whip Ultimo but Ultimo reverses and knocks down Mysterio with a martial arts kick. Ultimo goes for the Asai Moonsault but Mysterio moves out. Dragon tries for a springboard, but Mysterio is out of the way again and Dragon almost loses his balance. A roll-up by Mysterio but Dragon slides out. Ultimo Dragon is clearly frustrated as he takes a steel chair and comes into the ring,despite the referees protests. Mysterio however drop-kicks the chair away and Frankensteiners Ultimo,another flip to get the 3-count.Fast and Furious action to start off Nitro.

WINNER: Rey Mysterio by pinfall

Mysterio is busy celebrating,so he doesn’t notice Eddie Guerrero sneaking up behind him, Guerrero taps lightly on his shoulders and Mysterio turns around to get WHACKED by the cruiserweight title.The crowd boos as Eddie celebrates.

The nWo limo has arrived,hence the obligatory nWo interview is up after the break.

Look who’s come to the party?

The nWo music hits as the boys come out in their usual fashion, surprisingly minus Curt Hennig. After the music stops, Eric Bischoff takes the mike.

Eric: So WCW you thought it was pretty cool to kick some nWo ass after the Main Event last week eh! You thought it was pretty smart, well I’ve got news for you guys,after tonights Main Event you will regret that decision to mess with us last week.Tonight you will feel the wrath of the nWo,because tonight Bret Hart,tonight Sting and Mr.Smith, tonight you will wish that you haven’t come to this organization. Because at the hands of Kevin Nash,Scott Hall and The Next Heavyweight Champion of the World,Macho Man Randy Savage-you guys are going to get the beating of your life,a taste of things to come for you at Souled Out,this Sunday.

Eric: Speaking of Souled Out,I recall that I have promised to reveal the third man in the Huge Six Men Elimination Tag Match tonight-well unfortunately fans,he just called and he is stuck in the traffic so he won’t be long-So please bear with us because I guarantee you that man will make each and every one of team WCW pay so much that they would like to erase their WCW memories, permanently.

[Eric hands the mike to Nash]

Nash: I just wanna say that,Bret,Davey,Sting you guys messed with us for the last time.I mean man I am really tired of being watching my back in case you guys jump around. Can’t you beat us in a fair fight.Well tonight,it’s going to be three on three,just a taste of things to come at Souled Out.And,Bret,Davey,Sting after the night is over-I’m sure you would not be wanting to face what we have in store for you at Souled Out.

[Nash gives the mike to Hall.]

Hall: Hey Yo!

[The crowd gives back a Hey Yo to Hall]

Hall:Before the bad guy get’s down to business,it’s survey time.

[The crowd cheers for Hall.]

Hall:How many of you has come to see the nWo?

[Huge boos,a few cheers for Hall.]

Hall:And how many of has come to see WCW?

[Cheers for WCW]

Hall:One more for the good guys,but listen up-last week WCW thought it was pretty funny when they had the nWo laying down. Now the bad guy can always enjoy a good joke-but chicos, what happened last week was far from one. Yo Bret,Davey,Sting you think what happened to us last week was funny? Then next week ask the amigos here,they will tell what will happen tonight was hilarious. But the thing is, this week you are laughing but at Souled Out,at next week-it will be the nWo kahunas!

[Hall gives the mike to Savage]

Savage:OOOH YEAH! The Macho Man ain’t feeling so good after taking that bang, but after tonight it’s all gonna change since the Macho Man will get back at the clowns from WCW, and may be after getting that bang yourself,you will realize how it feels and you will realize how wrong you were to oppose us when you guys get your ass kicked at Souled Out. At Souled Out, it’s gonna be Macho Man the World Champion, Curt Hennig the U.S. Champion, Buff Bagwell and Konnan the tag team champion and The Outsiders kicking the ass of Bret Hart,Davey Boy and Larry Zybsyko OOOH YEAH!

[savage gives the mike back to Eric Bischoff]

Eric: Now, before we organize a fine reception for our Newest Member,I’m gonna tell this to two particular persons. Scott,Rick even though we have a new member-we are still on hiring until Souled Out. So the first person to step forward and join us will be rightfully rewarded. I hope you don’t regret your decisions to not join the nWo-and for the one who joins us,we really look forward to have your valuable services for life!

[Eric drops the mike as the nWo exit the ring with huge boos from the crowd.]

We cut straight to backstage where Vanderburg is deep in discussion with The Ghosts and Ghouls, Mortis and Wrath nod as they head out to the ring.

Non-Title Match

Ghosts and Ghouls vs The Steiner Brothers

The Steiners argue who should start out,and Scott reluctantly lets Rick to start out. Rick and Wrath grapple,and Wrath slams down Rick to the mat. Wrath kicks on Rick and then pulls him up to deliver a devastating bodyslam.Drop toe-hold by Wrath and he kicks on Rick’s knees. Wrath continues to work on Rick’s knees for a while and then tags to Mortis. Mortis with a head-butt on Rick Steiner. Mortis continues to punish Rick Steiner until from nowhere Rick Steiner hits a desperation bulldog. Mortis is down and Rick Steiner crawls to make a tag to Scott. Scott Steiner comes in and starts to pound Mortis but Morits blocks some of his punches, and powerbombs Scott Steiner.Mortis now in control.Mortis with a huge powerslam.Lariat for two count as Steiner gets his shoulder off.Mortis goes for a Northern Lights Suplex,again two count-Mortis goes for a superplex Steiner counter and a legsweep brings Mortis down.Scott Steiner with some shots to Mortis’ head. Mortis is reeling from the kicks as Steiner looks to lock him into the Steiner Recliner, but Mortis escapes and elbows Steiner to his face. Steiner is down, Mortis with a tag to Wrath.Wrath immediately goes for the Meltdown but Steiner blocks and a Suplex to Wrath. Steiner tags in Rick. Rick works on Wrath but Wrath is too powerful and throws him off the ring. Mortis goes out to take out Rick Steiner. Wrath and Scott Steiner joins and now all four Men are out of the ring, the referee yells at them and finally Scott Steiner comes back and throws back in Mortis, Wrath comes back and throws back in Rick Steiner.Wrath connects with the Meltdown,but Rick Steiner kicks out.Tag to Mortis,Scott Steiner comes in but referee points out he is not the legal man,meanwhile Mortis has got a staff of some sort as he looks to hit Rick Steiner, but Scott Steiner tries to punch Mortis,Mortis ducks and Steiner just punched down Rick! Scott Steiner shakes his head in distress while Wrath sneaks up behind him and whips him over the top-rope. Mortis meanwhile gets rid of the staff and connects with the Northern Lights Suplex on Rick Steiner.Mortis gets the 3-count.

WINNER: Ghosts and Ghouls as a result of Mortis pinning Rick Steiner

The Steiner Brothers are in complete shock as we go for commercials.

Back from the commercials and The Steiner Brothers are in a huge argument, Ted DiBiase is trying to soften them down.

Rick: What do you that for huh! And you say that all the Steiners get equal advantage-

Scott: GET THROUGH YOUR HEAD RICK! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! I AM SORRY

Rick: No your not, YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE! You’re going to join the nWo aren’t you. You dirty little

Scott: SHUT THE HELL UP, IT’S ALL MY FAULT IS IT? WHO WAS GETTING HIS A** KICKED IN THE MATCH YOU OR –

Ted: GUYS GUYS CALM DOWN! Mistakes can happen but you’ve gotta focus-

Rick: I’m gonna tell you this Scott, it’s better of with the nWo rather to tag with a guy like you.

[scott and Rick starts brawling while DiBiase tries to break it up, meanwhile we cut to Eric Bischoff’s office,Bischoff is speaking to somebody in his cell.]

Eric: Are you sure? Are you sure it’s him? Alright, you tell him that the nWo is coming to the parking lot on the double,just tell him to wait a bit,we’ll be there.Okay,thanks. [Eric hangs up]

[Eric now looks to all the members of the nWo,still minus Hennig in his office.]

Eric: You heard that guys? *********** [The name is blipped] is here.And he is expecting us. Let’s go,we should give him a warm welcome.

[All the guys follow Eric out,while Eric babbles about the prospect of ***** joining the nWo, ***** being the biggest signing ever etc. etc.]

Raven and Eddie Guerrero w/Saturn vs Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko w/Arn Anderson

Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit start it out.Benoit gets some nice suplexes on Eddie Guerrero, to get the momentum on his side until Eddie Guerrero monkey flips Benoit.Cradle for two count, but Eddie is in control.Eddie with a tilt-a-whirl slam and again Benoit kicks out.Eddie tags in Raven. Raven with a drop-toehold and Raven is on offesne.Two big bodydrops,Raven goes for the Evenflow but Benoit somehow counters that and whacks Raven down.Now Benoit is in control. Benoit works on Raven’s legs for a while and then tags in Malenko. Malenko goes straight to a leg-lock submission.Raven is crawling towards Guerrero,but Malenko pulls him back,until Saturn pulls Malenko out.Arn Anderson takes care of Saturn while Raven tags in Eddie Guerrero. Eddie and Malenko share headscissors,legscissors and a couple of bodyscissors between them, until Malenko goes wild and delivers two vertical suplexes on Guerrero.Malenko goes for the Cloverleaf, but Eddie grabs the ropes. Malenko tries for another suplexes,but this time it’s Eddie who counters with another suplex.Eddie Guerrero is on fire ,a powerbomb on Malenko.Eddie covers but Malenko kicks out.Eddie with a springboard but Malenko trips Eddie down.Malenko with a roll-up and Eddie reverses.Malenko throws Eddie to the ropes and tags in Benoit.Eddie and Benoit lockup and Benoit takes control.Benoit with a triple-german on Eddie,Eddie is down. Powerslam by Benoit for two,Eddie gets the roll-up Benoit kicks out.Eddie presses Benoit to the mat,backslide by Eddie for two,Benoit knocks Eddie down.Powerbomb blocked and Eddie gets the sunset flip for two. Benoit has enough with Eddie and he locks him into the crossface.Saturn pulls Benoit out,resulting in a Arn-Benoit-Saturn-Malenko battle outside the ring.Meanwhile Eddie tags in Raven and while Benoit tries to go back in,Raven slides him out.Saturn hits the referee trying to take out Anderson and soon the entire Flock has run-down to the ring,a huge brawl ensues while new referee comes in. He sends everybody but the competitors to the locker-room. Match continues with Benoit and Raven, They grapple and Benoit goes for a suplex but a low-blow by Raven,followed up with the Evenflow DDT for the 3-count.A really cheap ending to an otherwise good match.

WINNER: Raven and Eddie Guerrero when Raven pinned Chris Benoit

We go to Commercials.

Diamond Dallas Page vs Buff Bagwell

DDP is in the ring awaiting Buff Bagwell,but all of a sudden the jumbotron lights up and it’s Curt Hennig! Hennig is in the WCW Studios,probably scheduling an interview.So-

Curt Hennig Interview (Taped)

CH: Hey Dallas, before you get your a** kicked tonight by Buff Bagwell,I want to say something to you. You know Dallas,from the day I met you in WCW,you were a complete freak.I detested you from the very begining,I tried to be friends but the very first you did was to screw up at last year’ Bash at the Beach against the nWo.And even when I beat you at Road Wild,fair and square you still hadn’t woken up.You still wanted to mess with me,and after I joined the nWo-you really got into my nerves.While I worked my a** of week in and week out all you did was to poke nose in my business.You disgust me Dallas,you are miserable,you are untalented,you are uncharsimatic and you think you are cool just because you are engaged with some stupid playboy chick. And the way you beat me for my U.S. title at Starrcade,it was simply horrible.But this Sunday,Dallas you will what you deserve at the hands of me,you will get the beating out of your life inside the unforgiving steel cage as I take back what is mine.You can’t do anything about Dallas,NOT A DAMN THING! Because NOBODY BEATS CURT HENNIG, NOBODY!

DDP is confused since Hennig didn’t even register his presence, but before he can react he gets WHACKED from behind by Buff Bagwell.Referee runs in and we start:-

Diamond Dallas Page vs Buff Bagwell

Buff Bagwell is in control as he slams down DDP to start with.Kick to the sternum by Bagwell. Bagwell delivers a back-bodydrop. Baseball slide by Bagwell and DDP is out of the ring. High risk top rope dive by Bagwell and he crashes into DDP. Bagwell recovers quickly and ges a steel chair but DDP has recovered and a drop-kick to smash the chair straight to Bagwell’s face.DDP throws Bagwell to the ring and get’s back himself.DDP hits a pancake on Bagwell and goes for the cover, but Bagwell kicks out.DDP picks up Bagwell trying for a neckbreaker but Bagwell continuously punches DDP to prevent him from doing that,DDP and Bagwell exchange further blows until DDP gets the upper-hand and hits the Diamond Cutter.DDP goes for the cover as Konnan comes down to the ringside.DDP is very angry and yells at Konnan,Bagwell meanwhile sneaks-up and a roll up but DDP kicks out.DDP works on Bagwell’s legs as Konnan joins the announcers table. DDP with a kneedrop. DDP goes for the cover but Bagwell slides out.DDP goes out of the ring and picks up Bagwell who low-blows him,now Bagwell is in control.DDT by Bagwell, Bagwell goes back into the ring,comes out again and throws DDP back into it.Bagwell goes back and attempts a Diamond Cutter on DDP but DDP kicks and punches Bagwell until Bagwell falls down. DDP goes up to the top rope and Konnan comes running in from the commentary position but DDP boots him off. Bagwell is on his way to recovery but DDP nails the Buff Blockbuster! Right in time. DDP delivers the Tilt-a-whirl powerslam to get the 3-Count. Konnan wakes up and looks frustrated as DDP celebrates.

WINNER: Diamond Dallas Page by pinfall.

We go to Commercials.

We are back as we are in the nWo office. Several nWo members are chatting to ????

[This is shown in very low camera angle for the mystery person,so we get only to see the faces of the known nWo members.]

Hall: Hey yo! ********* feelin’ nice here

????:Certainly I am Scott, you know when I was told that joining the nWo would be a good thing for me,I didn’t believe it-but really...

Savage: OOOOH YEAH! So how does ********* feel! Welcome to the nWo brotha!

?????: Thanks Randy

[Meanwhile Eric and Nash are chatting]

Nash:Are you sure,he’s gonna work out. I mean he is bigger than Larry but how can he handle Bret and Davey for us?

Eric: Trust me Kevin,I’ve got a plan and it’s gonna work out perfectly,I’m sure you guys are gonna work along quite fine. [Moves to ????]

Eric: Hey ????, have a drink

???: Thanks Eric, hey what’s Big Kev thinking?

Eric: He’s just pre-occupied with tonight’s Main Event you know,being the leader of the nWo is not an easy deal.

???: Well if he’s worried about what I’m gonna do at Souled Out,tell him that i’ll be perfectly fine. I have an old score to settle with all those guys. And what will I deliver tonight,will be nothing in compared to what they gonna have to face at Souled Out.

[The camera moves outside the office and we are back at ringside,with the Announcers speculating on the mystery guy.]

Television Title Match

Booker T © vs Fit Finlay

Since the match was not mentioned anywhere,our guess is this one of the examples of “on the fly” booking. Finlay dominates the early part with kicks and punches. Booker gains control after a failed powerslam attempt and hits a backbreaker. Booker T goes to work on Finlay’s legs. Lariat and Kneedrop for the two count, Booker T gets up and tries to go for the Book End but Finlay delivers a face-buster. Finlay now goes for a huge Powerbomb,but Booker T headscissor’s Finlay to the ground. Booker T goes for a Harlem flip and Barry Darsow runs in, but before he can do anything here comes Goldberg to take out Darsow. Goldberg and Darsow brawl outside, while Finlay gets a roll-up but Booker T manages to get his foot on the ropes. Finlay now goes outside and gets thrown back by Goldberg,who just destroyed Darsow,Finlay is reeling as Booker connects the scissors kick for the 3-count.

WINNER and STILL Champion: Booker T by pinfall.

Booker T was sluggish and didn't put much effort in the match, Is feuding with Mortis THAT bad Booker?

After match, Goldberg destroy Fit Finlay to tell that he and Darsow ARE NEXT!

We now cut to a WCW locker-room with Bret Hart, Davey Boy, and Larry sitting with Sting standing at the door.

Hart: Guys,we have the advantage going in to OUR favour,we’ve got to keep the advantage rolling in our way, I don’t care what new jerk nWo hired or what they are going to do with Nick Patrick and whatever but we must keep focused, that’s how we won last week.

[Davey Boy nods,Sting is expressionless.]

Larry: You guys go out there and prove that Bret Hart and Davey Boy are here to stay in WCW. I’ve tolerated these guys enough, I sent out Hogan but now these guys must go and the ball is in our court,so let’s do our stuff.

Davey Boy: The nWo will see that there is a new face in WCW which is going to haunt them and guys after what I will do to them tonight,they won’t forget my name for a long long time.

[Hart,Smith and Zybysko shake hands and clasp fists]

Hart: Let’s do it guys.

[Hart and Smith go out,Sting follows them out slowly again without any kind of expression in his face. Sting although comes to a stop when he comes outside the room of WCW President, he looks at the door and continues to walk away.]

We go to Commercials

Main Event

The Outsiders and Randy Savage vs Bret Hart,Davey Boy and Sting

Sting and Savage start, Sting starts with a headlock sequence but it’s Savage who gets the advantage and slams down Sting.Savage goes for a leg-drop but Sting moves out. Sting with a cover and Savage kicks out.Sting is now in control as he pounds on Savage,another headlock and a neckbreaker by Sting.Sting tags in Davey Boy,who goes to work on Savage’s legs.Davey Boy smashes Savage’s nuts to the turnbuckle and Savage is in pain.The faces now isolate Savage as referee Nick Patrick intervenes again and hands Savage a pair of brass-knucks. Bret Hart now brings Savage to the centre and goes for a vertical suplex,but Savage low-blows Hart with the knuckles and facebusters Hart to the mat.Savage tags in Nash. Nash takes control from the very begining,slamming down Hart repeatedly.Hart is in pain after a vicious big boot,Nash goes for the Jackknife powerbomb but Hart repeatedly punches in Nash’s face and Nash backbodydrops Hart instead.Nash with the cover,but Hart reaches to the rope. Nash picks Hart but before he can do anything Hart dropkicks Nash straight to the face,now Hart is control.Hart kicks and punches Nash on the ribs,Nash is down,Hart locks in the sharpshooter but Nash is too powerful and throws Hart. Now both men are down, they tag to Sting and Hall respectively. Now Hall is control,as he kicks Sting to the gut,followed by another headlock sequence,Hall goes to work on Sting’s arm but Sting reverses and throws Hall to the turnbuckle,Sting signals for the Stinger Splash and connects on Hall. Sting now goes on top of Hall for the 10-count punch sequence, but Hall low-blows Sting down. Hall recovers first and now he is control of Sting.Exchange of kicks to the midsection by both men and Hall scores with an atomic drop followed by a spinebuster. Sting is down, and Hall scores with a Fallaway slam.Hall with a bridge but Sting reverses it into a bridge and finally into a sleeper.Hall is in all sorts of trouble, but he slowly gets to the rope,Sting now breaks the hold and kicks down Hall before tagging to Hart.Hart tries to lock in the Sharpshooter,but Hall is too close. Hart looks to deliver an enzurgiri to Hall but Hall moves out the way and kicks Hart straight into the face.Hall now on comeback as he slams down Hart,Hall with a pin,but Hart kicks out. Hall scores with The Outsiders Edge but Hart kicks out.Hall is frustrated as he tags in Savage, Savage goes up to the top rope but finds no one for the elbow drop.Both men are down,Savage and Hart get up simaltaneosuly,and trade punches,but Savage misses a clothesline and Hart kicks Savage in the guts and scores with a Russian Legsweep.Hart locks in the sharpshooter,but finds Referee Nick Patrick busy in argument with Nash and Hall.Hart leaves Savage and begins to argue with Patrick, a huge chaos breaks out as the nWo music hits the ring! The Black and White lights fall all over the arena,but we actually find no-body. Then the light focuses to the steel steps, and we see a certain person wearing a huge hat coming from under the ring! While all the members are busy arguing, this mystery person throws a steel chair to the side of Savage! Referee Patrick orders Hart to get back in to the match, Hart turns back and STEEL CHAIR to the balls of Hart. Savage with a facebuster, Patrick makes the count of 3,the nWo wins. The mystery person now removes his big hat and IT’S DUSTY RHODES! DUSTY RHODES IS THE NEWEST MEMEBER OF THE nWo!

The crowd is in a shock as Tony badmouths Dusty. Davey Boy and Sting tries to come into Hart’s aid,but Hall and Nash throws both of them over the top rope.Dusty Rhodes mocks the fallen Hart as the four members of the nWo celebrate.Eric Bischoff comes out clapping for Dusty Rhodes as a final shot of the fallen members of WCW are shown as Nitro goes off the air.

WINNER: nWo, when Randy Savage pinned Bret Hart after an interference from Dusty Rhodes.

OR:80

NITRO:5.41

RAW: 5.66

RAW 3 NITRO 0

Guest UmpireAJS

WCW Thunder and Saturday Night Reports

Airing on 01-21-98 and 01-24-98 resp.

Both Taped on 01-20-98 from Welsh-Ryan Arena in Evanston,IL

WCW THUNDER

· Disco came out entertaining the crowd until he was interrupted my Martel who wanted The Dancing Fools to fight The Boogie Knights at Free For All. Disco counter challenged Martel to fight with him right now,Martel accepts 60

· Rick Martel def. Disco Inferno as Martel pinned Disco after Disco got hit by a steel chair from Tom Zenk. The Boogie Knights came to make the save. 65

· Perry Saturn hyped about his match later on with Goldberg 59

· Chris Jericho def. Chavo Guerrero Jr. after an Eddie Guerrero interference. Rey Mysterio ran in afterwards to make things even. 85

· Curt Henning is in the ring blabbering about how he is going to destroy Booker T in the steel cage,until Booker T comes out and asks Henning for a match.Henning tries to bail out at first but after constant tauntings by Booker T,accepts. 75

· Goldberg def. Saturn when Goldberg pinned Saturn after the Jackhammer, first really good match by Goldberg,as he and Saturn wrestled for nearly 10 minutes- with Flock interfering inbetween. 78

· A Video of Dusty Rhodes screwing up the Main Event was shown. 79

· Curt Hennig def. Booker T in a non-title match when Hennig pinned Booker T after a run in from Dusty Rhodes from the commentary position,low-blowing Booker T 72

Overall Rating: 71 Nielsen Rating 2.03

WCW SATURDAY NIGHT

· Raven Interview:Some words for Benoit and Saturn but in general,he is upset with Saturn losing to Goldberg,warns Goldberg that the Flock is watching out for him-Lodi vs Goldberg is next. 81

· Goldberg squashed Lodi with the usual. 60

· Eddie Guerrero comes out to hype the Cruiserweight match at Souled Out and hypes himself.Dean Malenko comes out and challenges Eddie Guerrero for a match one more time before Souled Out tonight.Eddie accepts. 73

· Mortis def. Glacier after flattening the Glacier with a flatliner 68

· Highlights from The Main Event of Nitro is shown 88

· Sick Boy def. Lenny Lane after hitting the cure 62

· A Video Montage is played showing buildups for all the matches that will go down in Souled Out. 90

· Dean Malenko def. Eddie Guerrero after Guerrero submitted to the Texas Cloverleaf,match became a Cruiserweight free for all afterwards. 75

Overall Rating: 74 Nielsen Rating: 2.14

Guest UmpireAJS

420Wrestling.com Weekly WCW News

From January 18-25th

· The rehab authorities are said to VERY DISPLEASED with Lex Luger’s attitude. He has been throwing tantrums around for no apparent reason. Many feels that Lex Luger is still in the company because he is a friend of Sting.

· Hall and Nash are at it again! The WCW organized a nWo autograph signing for the fans at Chicago,Illinois but Hall and Nash dind’t turn up at the scheduled time. Hall,although came just five minutes before the closure of the signing,Nash didn’t show-up at all. Eric Bischoff is said to very frustrated at this,since he thought most of the troubles would go away,after he got Hogan screwed.

· Scott Steiner and Saturn ended up brawling backstage after a House Show on January 18th, Saturn and Steiner had a match at the house-show and Saturn complained that Steiner was working stiff and thus they ended up fighting. Scott Steiner’s attitude has also been a problem with WCW in recent weeks.

· Although he is pleasing the authorities with his growing overness and improved match qualities,Goldberg has drawn heat from several backstage superstars, including WCW veterans Sting and Curt Henning for his arrogant behaviour. Goldberg is however said to be friends with Hall,Nash and Buff Bagwell and as well as with the members of the Hart Foundation.

· The plans right now are to introduce Jim The Anvil Neidhart only as a non-wrestling personality after he returns to the rehab. Anvil’s in-ring skill has decreashed sharply and the management feels his Charisma is the only thing useful to WCW. He might be paired with his less charismatic buddy Davey Boy Smith as a manager for The Hart Foundation in general.

· Lex Luger and Curt Henning are rumored to be dropped down the card as soon as Luger comes back and Henning’s issue with DDP is over.The management feels that they have payed their dues,but now they are not skilled enough anymore to wrestle in WCW uppercards.Instead they want them to put over talents like Eddie Guerrero,Chris Benoit,Booker T and Chris Jericho so they can take the Upper midcarder spots.

· Another man who might be facing the same treatment is Rick Steiner. Although it is most likely that Scott is the most likely to turn,but even if Rick turns-he will not be used in higher capacity in the nWo.

· Two more problematic faces in the WCW Locker-room are Konnan and Buff Bagwell. They’ve been throwing tantrums like anything recently and the word is that as a punishment,they might be heavily depushed-losing the Tag Team Title match at Souled Out MAY BE the first step.

Guest UmpireAJS

nWo Souled Out 98 Preview

user posted image

From WCW.COM and NWOWRESTLING.COM

LIVE From Xcel Energy Centre at Minneapolis,MN and also on PPV.

Free For All Tag Team Match

Disco Inferno and Alex Wright w/Ernest Miller vs The Can-Am Connection [Tom Zenk and Rick Martel]

Ever since the Dancing Fools debut,the Can-Am connection has been on there trail like anything-ambushing them at every opportunity.Can Disco and Wright get back on the connection?

Eight Man Total Elimination Cruiserweight Match; Survivor is the Cruiserweight Champion

Eddie Guerrero ©, Chris Jericho, Ultimo Dragon and Psychosis vs Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio, Juventud Guerrera and Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Although these eight cruiserweights will team-up,there is no love amongst them as they will all compete for cruiserweight gold,even if it means betraying their own teams

Handicap Match

Goldberg vs Fit Finley and Barry Darsow

Goldberg’s winning streak is in serious jeopardy as he takes on for the first time in his career, two guys at a time. Can Goldberg continue his dominance?

World Tag Team Titles Match: wCw vs nWo

The Steiner Brothers © w/Ted DiBiase vs Buff Bagwell and Konnan .

Can the Steiner Brothers work together to retain their titles or will the nWo take advantage of their misunderstandings of late.

#1 Contendership for the World Tag Team Titles

Harlem Heat vs Ghosts and Ghouls w/James Vanderburg

Harlem Heat for a long time has been in the hit-list of the sinister James Vanderburg. Can his monsters Wrath and Mortis take out Mortis for a bigger glory.

Tag Team Match

Chris Benoit and Arn Anderson vs Raven and Saturn

How significant will be Arn Anderson’s in-ring return to The Flock? Can he and Benoit best Raven and Saturn and rest of the cunning flock.

Steel Cage Match for The United States Championship: Winner by Pinfall or Submission- wCw vs nWo

Diamond Dallas Page © vs Curt Hennig

It will be the final chapter to the great rivalry between DDP and Hennig for the U.S. Title in the unforgiving steel.Who will come out on top and at what cost?

World Heavyweight Title Match: wCw vs nWo

Sting © vs Randy Savage

Will Sting be able to retain his controversially won Word Title against The Macho Man- or will the nWo take back what they think is “legitimately” theirs?

The Main Event of nWo Souled Out

Team WCW (Bret Hart,Davey Boy and Larry Zybysko) vs nWo (Kevin Nash,Scott Hall and Dusty Rhodes)

Survivor(s) get(s) any single wish granted.

What will happen as Bret Hart and the cream of the nWo collide in the Main Event. Can Bret Hart’s men overcome, Hall, Nash and Rhodes or will the nWo have the last laugh in their own Pay Per View?

The answers to these and many more questions will only be found out at nWo Souled Out on January 25th, 1998 LIVE from Xcel Energy Centre in Minneapolis,MN on PPV-so call your local operator now to catch all the action,because we are “Souled Out” at the arena.

Guest UmpireAJS

user posted image

Hey Yo! It's Survey time!, Answer this little survey the bad guy is taking about

nWo Souled Out at NWOWRESTLING.COM and WCW.COM and you can win exciting prizes! Tell you what chicos! After the bad guy announces the winners, you can win a cool prize straight from myself! Just E-Mail me at scotthall@nwowrestling.com for more info! So now,on with the business, the survey that is!

Pick a winner in the following matches and answer the tiebreaker questions.

Disco Inferno and Alex Wright w/Ernest Miller vs The Can-Am Connection [Tom Zenk and Rick Martel]

Eight Man Total Elimination Cruiserweight Match; Survivor is the Cruiserweight Champion

Eddie Guerrero ©, Chris Jericho, Ultimo Dragon and Psychosis vs Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio, Juventud Guerrera and Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Handicap Match

The Steiner Brothers © w/Ted DiBiase vs Buff Bagwell and Konnan

Tag Team Match

Steel Cage Match for The United States Championship: Winner by Pinfall or Submission- wCw vs nWo

Sting © vs Randy Savage

Team WCW (Bret Hart,Davey Boy and Larry Zybysko) vs nWo (Kevin Nash,Scott Hall and Dusty Rhodes)

So what are ya waiting for,answer the survey to pick up cool prizes.I will see ya with the results on Monday,until then peace out Chicos!

Guest UmpireAJS

Right,so I will give two days or so time for you guys to answer the survey and then I will post my final post for this update. Thanks in advance.

Handicap Match

Tag Team Match

Sting © vs Randy Savage

Guest peter

Handicap Match

Tag Team Match

Sting © vs Randy Savage

Team WCW (Bret Hart,Davey Boy and Larry Zybysko) vs nWo (Kevin Nash,Scott Hall and Dusty Rhodes)Survivor(s) get(s) any single wish granted.

Edited by peter

Guest UmpireAJS

Alright,forget the tie-breaker questions,I posted them but then my computer went shit and the modification was not recorded, and I'm lazy to type the questions,since I don't have them saved. Sorry.

My predictions

1.Can-Am Connection

2.Chris Jericho

3.Goldberg

4.Buff Bagwell and Konnan

5.Harlem Heat

6.Raven and Saturn

7.Diamond Dallas Page

8.Sting

9.nWo

I like the backstory and the diary very much- keep pushing Bret Hart, I hope that u can get Y2J,Eddie,Benoit out of the midcards soon.

Winners: Can-Am

Winner:Rey

Handicap Match

Winner:Goldberg

Winners: Steiner Brothers

Winners: Harlem Heat

Tag Team Match

Winners: Benoit & Arn

Winner: DDP

Sting © vs Randy Savage

Winner: Sting

Winner: WCW

Guest UmpireAJS

420wrestling nWo Souled Out 98 RANT!

user posted image

LIVE From Xcel Energy Centre, Minneapolis, MN

Pre-Show Main Event

The Boogie Knights w/Ernest Miller vs The Can-Am Connection

Disco and Zenk start out.HARD chops by Disco on Zenk but Zenk does not react too-much and hits a DEVASTATING kick to floor Disco. Zenk goes for the early cover but Disco kicks out. Zenk decides to punish Disco further but he fails to do so as Disco capitalizes when Zenk is busy taunting and hits Zenk with a DDT. Tag made to Wright, Wright kicks Zenk on the mat and tries to make a high impact move but Zenk rolls out of the way and makes a hot tag to Martel. Martel comes in and takes control. Rick Martel exhibits some brilliant technical wrestling with some flashy moves COMPLETELY dominating Wright. Wright although gets a desperation drop kick. Both men are down, and both men make hot tags to their partners. Zenk and Disco clobbers each other and Zenk gets the advantage by locking him into a sleeperhold. Rick Martel meanwhile gets in an argument with Ernest Miller, which involves the referee. Meanwhile Disco is passing out but Zenk is frustrated and releases the hold and joins Martel to argue with Miller. Disco meanwhile recovers SUPER QUICK and waits till Zenk turns around and HITS HIM with the Last Dance! Disco goes for the cover and gets the 3 count, Martel looks frustrated. After the match the Boogie Knights celebrate.

WINNER: The Boogie Knights when Disco pinned Zenk via Last Dance at 9:26

420 RATING:**

We now go to complete pyros and stuff as Souled Out opens out with YOUR hosts Eric Bischoff and Bobby Heenan, [Who are NOT Scott Keith's Usual Gang of Idiots, hehe.]

Cruiserweight Survival match for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Eddie Guerrero ©, Chris Jericho, Ultimo Dragon and Psychosis vs Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Juventud Guerrera

Both teams have a pep talk to decide who goes first and they decide that we will have Ultimo Dragon and Rey Mysterio to start it out. Action does not stay with this two for a long-time as both of them fails to capitalize on each others mistakes and tags in Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko resp. We follow up with High-octane action involving this two. In the First 7 minutes or so several hot tags are made with superb action until we come to

ELIMINATION #1: Dean Malenko executes the Texas Cloverleaf forcing Psychosis to tap out

Chris Jericho takes Psychosis’ place and immediately applies an array of offense on Dean Malenko. Malenko however reacts back with some great mat-based wrestling. However both men are tired and they tag out to Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio, who fight around for a while until..

ELIMINATION #2: Eddie nails Rey Mysterio with a Frog Splash and gets the 3-Count.

Eddie Guerrero now takes on his own nephew Chavo Guerrero Jr. in the ring. They battle it out with both hitting countless of “Scissor” moves on each other. However it is Chavo who gets the advantage but however fails to gets a pin since Chris Jericho CLOBBERS Chavo down. This however allowed Eddie to get the 3-count.

ELIMINATION #3: As a result of some Chris Jericho interference, Eddie pins Chavo.

Dean Malenko replaces Chavo as Eddie Guerrero quickly tags in Ultimo Dragon. Ultimo Dragon and Malenko wrestle toe-to-toe for a while but soon all the remaining men switch places pretty quickly and after some good 5 minutes of action....

ELIMINATION #4: Juventud Guerrera pinned Ultimo Dragon after connecting with the Juvi Driver.

Malenko finally got his retribution on Chris Jericho as he pinned Jericho after a small package pretty soon after the 4th elimination.

ELIMINATION #5: Dean Malenko pins Chris Jericho

Eddie Guerrero was in a two-on one situation but he soon knocked Juventud Guerrera away and we had a long battle between Eddie and Malenko, but Eddie finally got the better of Malenko thanks to the title belt.

ELIMINATION #6: Eddie Guerrero pins Dean Malenko

Not to be forgetting that THIS is a WCW match, we have out final elimination in the most anticlimactic way possible as Juventud Guerrera recovers, comes in and gets WAFFLED with a drop-kick and Eddie covers Juvi and STILL remains the champion.

WINNER: Eddie Guerrero as the sole surviving member of this match. Eddie pinned Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero, Dean Malenko and Juventud Guerrera- That is ALL THE MEMBERS of his opposite team to RETAIN his Cruiserweight Championship at 19:59

420 RATING:**** [1/2 star deducted for stupid finish]

Bobbie gets a little excited about Eddie eliminating ALL his opposing competition and retaining the title while Bischoff is indifferent since there was no nWo involved, but he makes a point that he will try to recruit Eddie in the nWo.

Speaking of the nWo, The Outsiders and Dusty Rhodes discuss backstage what wish they can ask for when they OBLITERATE Bret Hart and friends.

Goldberg gets into the ring, and spears Finley to OBLIVION, Darsow tries jump on Goldberg but Goldberg no sells and delivers a HUGE Gorilla Press Slam. Goldberg then toys with Finley and Darsow for the next 3 or 4 minutes until he jackhammers both of them on top of another and covers both to get the 3 count. Waste of Match space,Waste of Money but Overness grows for Goldberg. YAWN

WINNER: Goldberg by pinning BOTH his opponents at 4:49

420 RATING:1/2*,be thankful that I didn’t give this one a huge DUD.

Rowdy Roddy Piper arrives at the arena with a HUGE OVIATION! Scott Hudson asks him what’s Piper doing tonight,since he is not scheduled at any matches-Piper says he has a surprise straight from the board of directors-later to be revealed tonight.

Ted DiBiase psyches up The Steiners. This is their chance to show the nWo who they really are.

The Steiner Brothers © w/Ted DiBiase vs Buff Bagwell and Konnan w/Vincent

Hey! Vincent is back-let’s hope he only sticks to being a Bodyguard because HE WILL SUCK at Wrestling.Rick Steiner and Konnan start out and so with start out with some shitty wrestling for the first 3 minutes or so.Rick Steiner gets the early advantage as he ABSOLUTELY dominates Konnan before tagging into Scott.Scott Steiner continues the attack on Konnan,but somehow Konnan manages to tag Bagwell.Steiner and Bagwell follow up with some nice chain wrestling- hitting punches after punches to each other.Steiner kicks out of a powerslam,Bagwell kicks out of an Atomic Drop.A Back-breaker seems to give Scott Steiner the advantage but Bagwell counters the pinfall and rolls up Steiner,1-2 and Steiner rolls up Bagwell but he also gets 2 Count. Tag made to Rick Steiner who comes in and gets WAFFLED by Buff Bagwell.Buff Bagwell now in offense.Buff Bagwell delivers three big powerslams and follows with a Kobyashi DDT. Buff Bagwell goes up to the top-rope and MISSES the Buff Blockbuster. Both men are down and eventually make desperate tags to their partners.Konnan gets some early offense but Scott Steiner overall is in control.Scott Steiner locks in the Steiner Recliner but Vincent distracts the referee- which results in a brawl between DiBiase and Vincent. Scott Steiner meanwhile gets distracted and is BROUGHT DOWN HARD by Bagwell.Bagwell sneaks in the ring illegally and pummels Scott Steiner. Scott Steiner makes a desperate tag to Rick who counters a flurry of punches from Bagwell and NAILS Bagwell with The Bulldog. Vincent gets the referee distracted again and Rick Steiner steps outside to brawl with Vincent,knocking down the referee in process. Meanwhile Buff Bagwell attacks Rick Steiner and Scott Steiner joins the brawl.New referee comes-Vincent and Ted DiBiase are expelled from ringside.So we have Rick Steiner and Bagwell again.Bagwell gets the offense and floors Rick Steiner,who tries for a Desperate tag,he is inches away from Steiner,Steiner gets his hand towards Rick AND THE SWERVE: SCOTT STEINER PULLS IT AWAY! SCOTT STEINER walks out from the aisle to the ringside-and the crowd does not like this at all. Meanwhile Konnan is in the ring and he executes a version of a neckbreaker to get the cover. WE HAVE NEW TAG CHAMPIONS. Scott Steiner comes back into the ring,he stares down Bagwell and THEY SHAKE HANDS! SCOTT STEINER RIPS OF HIS OVERALLS AND HE IS WEARING NWO OVERALLS! SCOTT STEINER HAS JOINED THE NWO. The crowd is now booing Steiner to hell.

WINNER and NEW Champions:Buff Bagwell and Konnan when Konnan pinned Rick Steiner at 15:33 nWo 1 wCw 0

420 RATING:***1/2 [1/2 star increased for swerve,Since nWo made their offers to both the Steiners and it looked like Rick was going to accept it]

Cut to nWo lockeroom-nWo celebrate their very first victory at night: Eric Bischoff announces a welcome ceremony for Scott Steiner tomorrow night,while he announces Nick Patrick will be the referee for the 6-Man Tag.

Harlem Heat heads out to the ring, the first challengers to Buff Bagwell and Konnan are going to be found out NEXT.

#1 Contender Match for the World Tag Team Titles

First thing is first as Vanderburg is expelled from ringside.We don’t want any stupid finishes right. Booker T and Mortis start off-they are going to have mighty hard tonight because when Ray or Wrath steps in it’s going to be mega crap in the ring.Mortis gets the early offense. Mortis kicks,punches and slams Booker T around until Booker T reverses a running kick with a stiff shot to the midsection.Booker T now gets into offense and delivers a staggering neck-breaker.Mortis is down and Booker tags in Stevie Ray.Stevie Ray goes for some shitty offense-which is only worse than Konnan,no no DON’T EVER THINK OF BOOKING KONNAN AGAINST STEVIE RAY WCW. Mortis however no sells them like A MONSTER and hits back Stevie Ray with a MASSIVE Spinebuster! Mortis then PULVERIZES Stevie Ray and tags in Wrath,great: Two shitty wrestler at the same time. Wrath DESTROYS Ray but out of nowhere, Ray hits a desperation take-down and makes a tag to Booker T.Booker T and Wrath goes toe to toe move to move with Booker T gaining the advantage by dodging most of Wrath’s big slams. Wrath tags in Mortis and Mortis gets advantage of Booker T.Mortis with TWO GIANT Suplexes and attempts for the Flatliner but fails to do so. Booker T tries for a Harlem flip, but blocked. Booker T and Mortis now look tired so they make their tag to their partners. Wrath comes in and hits the Meltdown but Ray kicks out. Wrath makes endless pinfalls but Ray kicks out from all of them.Wrath is frustrated as he tags in Mortis WHO GETS WAFFLED by a Big Clothesline from Stevie Ray. In comes Booker T and delivers the Book-end to get the 3-count.Match was dragged way to long.

WINNER and #1 CONTENDERS FOR THE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES: Harlem Heat when Booker T pinned Mortis at 12:29

420 RATING:**1/4

We are shown locker rooms of both the warring stables- The Four Horsemen expresses confidence in each other while in The Flock Raven SINISTERLY discusses something with Saturn and Kidman.

Referee disposes of all the remaining members of the Horsemen and Flock. Benoit and Raven starts out. Benoit with some great suplexes but Raven counters his third suplexes and hits him with an elbow to the face.Raven now hits some hard shots to Benoit and cheapshots Benoit down. Tag to Saturn, Saturn kicks Benoit several times to the guts and taunts Benoit. Saturn gets in control after side-slamming Benoit. Nice hip-toss by Saturn, and Saturn attempts a DDT but Benoit counters. Headlock takedown by Benoit and he makes the tag to Arn Anderson. Arn Anderson comes in and kicks Saturn to the head and then CLOBBERS Saturn with a huge suplex. Arn goes for the count, kick-out at 2. Anderson picks up Saturn and attempts for a neckbreaker but Saturn reverses and hits Arn hard. Several shots to the midsection and Saturn is back in it. Saturn is completely killing Arn. Saturn finally puts Arn into the Rings, but Benoit breaks up the submission. Raven and Saturn argue with Benoit giving Arn the time to recover as he makes a desperate stomp on Saturn. Arn tags Benoit and Benoit hits a flurry of offenses on Saturn, until he misses an attempt on a face-buster. Saturn capitalizes and hits back, but fails to hit a DVD and gets Triple-Germaned by Benoit, Saturn is down-Benoit goes up to the top, but Raven knocks him down HARD to the steel steps. Both men are down, while Benoit goes back up- Saturn manages to tag in Raven. Raven hits Benoit with kicks, punches, takedowns, slams, KITCHEN SINKS [sorry no kitchen sicks]-but Benoit is too stubborn and fights back. We have atleast 4 reversals of pinfalls. Raven breaks out off the crossface while Benoit kicks out of the Evenflow and this soon leads to a double take-down. At the count of 8 both members tag in their team-mates. This time Arn Anderson has the advantage, he PUMMELS Saturn down to the mat and Saturn oversells for an atomic drop. Anderson picks up Saturn and we have an exchange of hard chops until Anderson takes the advantage delivers the MAIN EVENT SPINBUSTAH! But gets nothing more than a 2-count. Anderson and Benoit now pull of several double teams on Saturn until Saturn gets desperate and tags in Raven,who unknowingly to the referee DESTROYS Anderson with a trash-can while Benoit was busy arguing with him saying he was the legal man, after Arn made a tag. Raven applies a Japaneese armdrag on Anderson and Anderson looks to be in pain. Lodi and Kidman run up to the entrance for some reason and begins arguing with the ref, as Anderson takes ANOTHER Trash can shot. This time Benoit is desperate as he comes in totally obliterates Raven. Hard shots to Raven, Raven is looking down and out, a Triple German suplex and Benoit locks in the crossface. Referee restores order and finds Benoit is not the legal man, so he orders him to go out while Anderson comes in and argues with the ref. Raven and Saturn meanwhile takes out Benoit with A KITCHEN SINK. Benoit is down and out, the referee looks confused but begins the count anyway, and Arn tries to argue again but Lodi sneaks up and WHACKS Anderson with a chair. Anderson is down, and Raven delivers the Evenflow on Benoit and gets the 3-count. Good match this.

WINNER: Raven and Saturn when Raven pinned Benoit at 24:39

420 RATING:****1/4

DDP cuts an interview on Hennig backstage with Scott Hudson.The usual stuff until Henning and DDP has a confrontation.

We are shown history of the DDP-Hennig feud as well as a brief history of notable steel cage matches in NWA/WCW

Steel Cage match for the United States Title:Winner by Pinfall or Submission wCw vs nWo

DDP and Hennig confront at the begining,they slap each other until DDP gets a huge clothesline on Henning to start things off. Hennig and DDP then fight over a headlock. Nobody wins that one so they grapple again and this time Hennig is in control as he suplexes DDP right to the cage wall. DDP is hurt,Hennig kicks DDP to the guts and delivers another big suplex. Hennig makes the cover for only 2. Hennig takes control of the match hitting some great kicks, clotheslines. DDP however counters a snap suplex and suplexes Hennig instead. DDP now gets on offense and he throws Hennig to the cage wall. DDP repeatedly kicks on Hennig before lifting him up but he misses the Diamond Cutter and Hennig capitalizes and gets on Offense. Hennig however does not hold the offense for too long as DDP comes back with a back-breaker. Hennig recovers from a pinfall and reverses its but DDP gets out. Hennig and DDP recover and get up and they start to argue. Hennig pushes DDP, DDP gets angry and pushes Hennig hard to the steel cage wall. DDP then pounds Hennig’s face to the wall. DDP tries to go in for another Diamond Cutter but Hennig blocks that and gets another snap suplex in. Hennig attempts a running elbow drop but DDP moves out of the way. Both men are down,it seems Hennig recovers from the fall and gets into the offense. Hennig and DDP trade punches. Henning tries for a Hennigplex but DDP blocks it. DDP now goes in complete offense, he clothesline Hennig-follows it up with a body-drop and finally a big atomic drop. Henning was hurt and DDP now attempted the Diamond Cutter and got it. Meanwhile Scott Steiner the newest member of the nWo came and tried to interfere. DDP and Steiner brawled on top of the cage, this was Hennig’s cue to recovery as he attacked DDP on the top-rope and then connected with a high-risk Superplex from the top-rope. Both men were down. Steiner still tried to argue with the referee, but out came Rick Steiner and attacked Scott Steiner. Now the Steiner Brothers were brawling outside the cage while Hennig slowly hooked DDP’s legs for a count but DDP kicked out at 2, another hook and another kick-out by DDP. Hennig was frustrated and he argued with Charles Robinson. However he soon came back to continue his beating on DDP but DDP was charged up again as he matched his fists with Hennig. Hennig and DDP continued to exchange blows but after a powerful it was DDP who got fired up. DDP now hit a flurry of offenses on Hennig,with Hennig looking possibly out. Hennig although attempted to get in control when he ducked a DDP clothesline and booted DDP to the ground. Hennig got in a few suplexes but DDP once again escaped the Hennigplex and continued to rampage Hennig. Hennig however looked resilient as he kicked out of a rotating DDP Pancake. Meanwhile it was Buff Bagwell’s turn to interfere, and he and DDP got in a scuffle again. Hennig recovered but he failed to hit DDP but instead WHACKED Bagwell with a punch. Bagwell went down and DDP floored Hennig and then decapitated Henning with a leg-drop from the top. Hennig was truly out as DDP recovered and delivered the Diamond Cutter to get the pinfall. Lot less Blood in standard of a cage match but however this match was WAY better than Starrcade.

WINNER and STI.L Champion:Diamond Dallas Page by pinfall at 19:32 wCw 1 nWo 1

420 RATING: ***

Randy Savage meanwhile was heading out to the ring,so my guess is that The Six Man would be the Main Event.He was chatting with Dusty and in came Rowdy Roddy Piper with looks exchanged by him and nWo. Piper went quitely through the hallway and knocked the door of Bret Hart’s lockerroom. Davey Boy opened the door and let Piper in.

Sting/Savage clippings shown.

World Heavyweight Title Match wCw vs nWo

Sting © vs Randy Savage

Comapred to the last 2 matches this was a garbage really,although it was kept short so I will go short. Savage gets the early offense and tries to disbalance Sting but he just takes the blows and stands motionless. Savage then goes for a HUGE clothesline but Sting blocks that and now Sting shifts gear. Sting punches Savage wildly who tries to cover up and fails.Sting throws Savage to the buckles but Savage rolls out of the Stinger splash. Savage now goes on offense and he hits Sting with a big kick and STING SELLS! Savage gets the initiative and he now begins to Scramble Sting. Sting in trouble now and Savage connects 2 bodydrops to Sting,Savage goes in for the cover but Sting kicks out. Savage goes in for the cover again but Sting kicks out. Savage is frustrated so he goes and plays to the crowd who are not interested in seeing him. Sting now gets up to a HUGE POP! Savage turns around and gets FACE TO FACE with Sting. Savage tries to clobber Sting but Sting blocks and clobbers Savage instead. Sting with two powerslams on Savage but does not cover Savage. Sting instead drags Savage to the turnbuckle and BOOM kicks Savage HARD in the nuts. Savage is in pain, and Sting continues to hammer on Savage. Scott Hall meanwhile runs in. Sting leaves Savage and goes after Hall who immediately backs off. Savage uses this time to recover and gets the advantage over Sting. Savage with a HUGE Face Buster. Macho Man looks to be in control and he goes up to the top rope for the Flying Elbow Drop but out comes Davey Boy Smith and starts fighting with Hall. Referee is now outside to settle the issues outside, while Savage uses this time and gets a steel chair but before he can whack Sting, Sting recovers and kicks the chair away from Savage’s and attacks Savage. Some generic senior-citizen brawl follows although Sting went in for a few suplexes. Savage gets the advantage with the back body drop.Meanwhile Hall and Smith are ejected from ringside. Savage goes up for another legdrop and misses. Both men are down and recover around the count of 7. Savage sees the chair and tries to go to it but Sting pulls Savage by the legs. Sting puts on the Scorpion Deathlock, but Savage grabs the ropes. Sting then picks up Savage but Savage reverses a hair-grab and delivers a DDT to Sting, Savage grabs the chair and is on his way to hit Sting but referee Charles Robinson is arguing with Savage so Savage hits Charles Robinson instead with the chair. But Savage once again fails to hit Sting with the chair as Sting takes it away from him and SMASHES the chair to Savage’s mouth. Savage falls down. Sting picks up to deliver the Scorpion Death Drop.Sting covers Savage but there is no referee, out comes both referee Nick Patrick and Billy Silverman to the ringside and starts to argue who will take charge. Sting gets up and baseball slides Patrick. Silverman comes into the ring but meanwhile Savage is up and Sting turns around to get FLOORED with a hard punch. Savage goes for the cover but Sting kicks out, this happens for approx. 3 times until Sting reverses a roll-up to a Scorpion Deathlock! Savage tries to get to the ropes but Sting pushes him back. Finally Savage taps out.

WINNER and STILL Champion: Sting by submission at 17:17 wCw 2 nWo 1

420 RATING:***

Eric Bischoff whines that Sting cheated to win, but goes backstage anyway to give some instructions to the referee of the match, Nick Patrick. While he is leaving the announce table, The Music of Rowdy Roddy Piper hits the ring with a huge pop, Piper and Bischoff exchange snarls but both goes separate ways as Piper heads to the ring and grabs a mike. It seems that the board of directors didn’t think it was fair to have only a single referee,and that to a nWo one to officiate such a hi-octane WCW vs nWo Main Event where the Survivor(s) get(s) anything he/they wish(es) for-so they have decided that an Outsider Enforcer is required to monitor the match and since the referee was an nWo member the board thought that it was only fair to have the outsider enforcer a WCW one. So without further adieu your Outside Enforcer was Piper himself! Not much surprise there I have to say, Eric Bischoff meanwhile is SHOCKED to hear this and he curses Piper via the Jumbotron-with the entire nWo looking upset. But we had a match anyway.

Referee: Nick Patrick (nWo) Special Outside Enforcer: Rowdy Roddy Piper (WCW)

Davey Boy and Scott Hall starts the match-up,with Hall doing his usual finger-taunts to Davey Boy. But Davey Boy is ain’t impressed with that and he clobbers down Hall with a stiff clothesline and gets on offense. Davey Boy hits some hard shots on Hall and then almost DESTROYS Hall with a huge suplex. Davey Boy does not stop and tries to get more offense on Hall but Nash gets in and pounds on Davey Boy. Nick Patrick does not do anything but Rowdy Roddy Piper gets in the ring and separates Nash from Davey Boy, this leads to an argument between Piper and Patrick while Scott Hall makes a tag to Dusty Rhodes-Let the SHIT begin. Dusty Rhodes –ahem looks like he gets some offense on Davey Boy but they are sooo weak that it won’t hurt a cruiserweight anyway and Davey Boy does not have to no sell them. He whacks down Dusty Rhodes and makes a tag to Bret Hart. Bret Hart separated Dusty from his team-mates and knocks down Dusty. Bret Hart applies pressure on the ribs of Dusty. Dusty almost passes out but Bret does not let go. Dusty hits a desperation elbow on Bret Hart but Hart ducks that and delivers a vertical suplex on Dusty. Since Dusty is SO FAT, Bret is knocked down too. Dusty and Bret makes tags to Nash and Zybysko. Nash absolutely FLATTENS Zybysko with a powerslam. Nash continues to pound on Zybysko but Zybysko gets back with a heart punch. Hall meanwhile is involved in an argument with Piper when Piper catches Hall trying to throw a pair of brass knucks to Nash. Nash however no-sells every Zybysko offense and delivers a HUGE Jackknife Powerbomb. Nash gets the 3-count

ELIMINATION #1: Larry Zybysko by Kevin Nash as a result of pinfall.

Bret Hart replaces Nash as outside Piper confiscates the brass knucks from Hall, Nick Patrick however is shown to hand some other knucks to Nash-unknowingly to Piper. Nash gets on the offense as he pounders on Bret Hart. Bret Hart however recovers quickly and delivers a big DDT on Nash, but as a result of that Bret is down too. Nash covers Hart and Patrick tries to make a LIGHTNING FAST COUNT but Piper intervenes-this leads to another altercation between Hall and Piper. Nash and Bret meanwhile recover and trade right hands,until Nash misses a big body slam and Bret capitalizes by slamming Nash down hard. Bret makes a tag to Davey Boy who pounds on Nash relentlessly, but Nash inspite of all the pounding gets up and THROWS Davey Boy out of the ring. Nash tags to Dusty Rhodes who goes out of the ring and begins to taunt Davey Boy until Piper gets in the way again and tells Rhodes to get back into the ring. Scott Hall meanwhile sneaks up behind Davey Boy and low-blows him,this leads to Bret Hart going out and brawling with Hall.Total Chaos now rules OUTSIDE The Ring as Piper is desperate and he sends all of the guys back into the ring and has an argument with Patrick again. Meanwhile Nash supplies Dusty the brass-knucks but Davey Boy kicks Dusty in the balls before he can use the knucks. Davey Boy brings Dusty down with a HUGE Neckbreaker. Davey Boy covers and gets the 3-count.

ELIMINATION #2: Dusty Rhodes by Davey Boy Smith as a result of pinfall.

So It’s The Outsiders vs The Hart Foundation in the ring. Hall replaces Dusty while Davey Boy tags in Hart. Hart and Hall goes into a grapple, but Hall being the stronger of the too pushes Hart towards the rope but Hart bounces back and executes a running elbow on Hall. Hall goes down and Hart immediately goes for the Sharpshooter but Hall grabs the ropes. Hall and Hart goes into a generic brawl for sometime with Hart reversing some powerslams and Hall coming out of some tight sleeperholds and kicking out of a Russian Legsweep. Hart goes for a snap suplex but Hall blocks that one and hits a desperation face-slam. Both men are down and at the count of 7 both crawl and tries to tag to their partner.While Nash comes in,Patrick refuses to acknowledge that Hart made a clean tag, but Piper intervenes again so it’s Nash against Davey Boy. Nash ONCE AGAIN no-sells Davey Boy’s offenses and hits down Davey Boy with big Press Slams. Nash covers Davey Boy but Davey Boy kicks out. Cover and again Davey Boy kicks out. Nash is frustrated as he goes and talks to Patrick about something but when he comes back BOOM he gets hit by a Super-kick. Nash goes down and Patrick warns Davey Boy that the super-kick was an illegal move. Davey Boy picks up and tries to throw Nash to the ropes but Nash is too powerful and reverses and throws Davey Boy instead. But Davey Boy comes back and hits the RUNNING POWERSLAM! Davey Boy cover’s Nash.. 1...2... but Patrick stops the count saying that it was an illegal pinfall. The crowd BOOS Patrick as Davey Boy snaps and attacks Patrick. Soon Piper and rest of the members are engaged in a brawl until Eric Bischoff comes out and says that if any of the members of the match attacked an official he would be DQ’ed and hence eliminated.So order is restored but before Davey Boy can attack Nash uses the brass-knucks to take down Davey Boy [which Piper doesn’t see since he is arguing with Bischoff], Nash delivers a Sidewalk slam and gets the 3-Count.

ELIMINATION #3: Davey Boy Smith by Kevin Nash as a result of pinfall.

So it’s now Bret Hart vs The Outsiders. Nash tags in Hall. Hall mocks Hart with the I’m scared fingertaunt, and Hart responses with a HUGE Knuckle-smash. Hall and Hart now go into some serious brawling as they frequently block each other’s slams,drivers and suplexes. Hall kicks out of the Russian Legsweep while Hart kicks out of The Outsiders Edge. Hart goes for an atomic drop but Hall pulls down Hart and LOCKS HART INTO A SHARPSHOOTER! Patrick tries to call for the bell but Piper stops that once again. Hart meanwhile reverses Hall’s sharpshooter to his own and Hall looks to be in pain. Nash steps in to kick Hart away, and Hart WAFFLES Nash out of the ring. Hart looks to be in total control as he relentlessly kicks Hall,but Hall however throws Hart to the turnbuckle after Hart failed to take advantage with an armdrag. Hall chocked Hart with his foot, and Piper this time got inside the ring to point out it was illegal. Another argument between Patrick and Piper broke out but this time PIPER KNOCKED THE HELL OUT OF PATRICK with a DDT. Hall turns around and GETS ANOTHER DDT! From Hart. Hart this time locks in the Sharpshooter, Nash is back-up but can’t do anything significant as Hall taps out.

ELIMINATION #4: Scott Hall by Bret Hart as a result of submission.

So it was now down to Hart vs Nash.. Nash and Hart confronted each other and without any working Hart began to pound on Nash. But Nash NO SELLS THEM Like a MONSTER and delivers a powerful Body Slam to the mat. Nash then went for a HUGE Leg Drop but Hart moved out of the way. Nash picks up Hart and tries for another slam but Hart blocks it and tries to clobber Nash. But Nash is too powerful and he this time attempts a fireman’s carry and then WAFFLES Hart with a powerslam, but Hart kicks out. Nash now becomes frustrated as he taunts the crowd before going back to Hart and picking him up. Nash tries to throw Hart to the turnbuckle but Hart applies a handspring instead! Nash is in pain as Hart connects a superb Spin kick to knock Nash off balance. Hart now goes in offense as he suplexes Nash twice. Nash tries a headlock but Hart goes out of it and gives a Back body drop to Nash. Bret tries to lock in the Sharpshooter but Nash powers out. Nash and Bret now trade punches, until Nash throws Bret to the turnbuckles and applies a foot-choke. Piper intervenes and Nash chases off Piper. This gives Bret the time to recover and when Nash comes back he finds himself to a Hart face buster. Hart covers but Nash powers out,but Hart is desperate and he applies further offense to Nash. Nash is looking down and out, but Hart misses a spin-kick and Nash just grabs Hart and delivers A HUGE JACKNIFE POWERBOMB! Nash now looks desperate as he goes out of the ring and grabs a steel chair, Rowdy Roddy Piper tries to take the chair away, but from the crowd comes Macho Man Randy Savage and slaughters Piper with a steel pipe. Meanwhile Patrick is doing nothing as Nash goes back into the ring, Bret is just winding up after the big powerbomb but Nash SMASHES Bret’s face and busts him open with the Steel Chair. Nash covers Bret Hart and gets the 3-Count.

ELIMINATION #5: Bret Hart by Kevin Nash as a result of pinfall.

SURVIVOR: Kevin Nash

WINNER OF THE MATCH:nWo as a result of Nash’s pinfall on Hart at 43:54 wCw 2 nWo 2

420 RATING:***3/4

The nWo Celebrate after the match, including Scott Steiner.

FINAL Thoughts:Well it was a pretty good PPV,The build up was good the match-ups were amazing in WCW respects-but some like Goldberg’s Squash was useless,also Booking Harlem Heat against Ghosts and Ghouls was not a smart thing to do.But they did do the Benoit/Anderson vs Raven/Saturn match amazingly and the DDP-Henning was exceptionally well done in comparison to Starrcade,although the Steel Cage hardly came into play.The Senior Citizen’s World Heavyweight Title match was a bit dragged,but it was still acceptable. The Scott Steiner turn was really well done and so was the Cruiserweight match. The Main Event was Above Average, Bret didn’t looked anything like his WWF 95-96 form but he did the job- kudos to Eric for getting rid of Dusty and Larry early though,Davey Boy looked impressive and Hall and Nash just stuck to their tasks-trying nothing fancy.Overall it was a respectable Main Event and a Respectable PPV.

FINAL 420 RATING:***1/2

Pretty much recommended.

Buyrate 1.17

Sorry! But I forgot to note down the sales and attendance figures.Stupid me

Edited by UmpireAJS

Guest UmpireAJS

Right! First of all the results of the survey, and then SOME SHOCKING NEWS! COURTESY OF your favourite wrestling source:420wrestling.com

The results of the survey [which um,4 people took.]

Kristos 5/9

peter 6/9

y2k 7/9

VA 4/9

So the winner is y2k, alright now since I have all my shows upto Superbrawl VIII thought out,so y2k you get to book the post-Superbrawl Nitro,so after my second update [i.e. after Superbrawl results are out] PM with me your booking.

Well,now on TO THE SHOCKING NEWS..

CURT HENNIG IN A NEAR-FATAL CAR ACCIDENT, CONDITION SERIOUS, IN COMA, MAY NEVER WRESTLE AGAIN

420Wrestling.com

We have reports from the Minneapolis Police Department and various other leading newspapers of Minneapolis that while returning from the arena at Souled Out to his hotel,Curt Hennig was involved in a serious car accident. It seemed that a truck completely squashed his car, leaving Hennig bleeding and unconcious. The driver of the truck has eloped. Henning was admitted to a nearby hospital. He is out of danger,but is still in coma.Doctors predict that it may well take him as long as 2 years before he is fully fit to wrestle.Hennig has already suffered serious knee injuries recently,and given his age,it is highly doubtful that after such a long period he will be able to wrestle again. Also,Hennig at the moment is not the most skilful wrestlers around today and one can only think how his skills will be affected after this horrific accident.We at 420Wrestling.com pray for Curt Hennig and hope that he indeed returns to the ring.WCW.COM and NWOWRESTLING.COM has not picked up the news yet.This is really serious for WCW,since they already have Louie Spicolli,Lex Luger and Jim Neidhart in the injury/rehab list,with Ric Flair in big legal battles.It also seems that Randy Savage is not going to renew his contract after it expires this July.Several other wrestlers has also requested WCW for giving them some time off. All in all,1998 for WCW looks seriously bad, with the sudden loss of their mega star power.

Damnit! Hennig got his knee injured for 20 months and his stats which were in 60's are down to 40's. Goddamnit!

Edited by UmpireAJS

Guest UmpireAJS

420 Wrestling Exclusive

The Very Special Specials Round-up

By David Roberts

January 1998 Edition

Hello and welcome to the monthly 420 Wrestling Specials round up where we discuss the performance of the major wrestling federations of North America in terms of their monthly special events.The NWA is a major exception here since they host Weekly PPV’s.Their performance for January 1998 with the others will be judged later on. Well let’s get on with the Shows shall we.All 4 promotions [WCW,WWF,ECW,XWF] were running PPV’s this month.So let’s start with ECW.

· Extreme Championship Wrestling: Hostilecity Showdown on January 11th

BUY RATE:0.53

Let’s go over the card first before starting any discussions

Jerry Lynn and Chris Chetti defeated Full Blooded Italians (Tracy Smothers and Little Guido) (12:27) via pinfall....Rob Van Dam and Sabu defeated Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney (8:06) by Disqualification....Spike Dudley pinned Gran Naniwa (9:15)....Justin Credible pinned Gran Hamada (4:52)....Shane Douglas, Chris Candido, and Lance Storm fought to a No Contest with Taz and Bam Bam Bigelow....Al Snow pinned Doug Furnas....Four Way Dance Match: Rob Van Dam and Sabu defeated The Dudley Boyz (Buh Buh Ray and D-Von) and The Gangstnators (Kronus and New Jack) and Sandman and Tommy Dreamer in a "four way dance" match. D-Von pinned Kronus. Sabu and Van Dam pinned The Dudleys. Sabu pinned Sandman.

The card was actually pretty good,starting with a very hot tag team match-Jerry Lynn and Little Guido both looked at their peak form,while Chetti and Smothers were also good. In the end the faces won a decisive victory. Up next RVD and Sabu fought a pretty exciting match with Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney until it ended very stupidly by DQ. The next match was nothing to write home about as Spike Dudley pinned Gran Naniwa.Poor old Naniwa was subjected to another match and was flattened by Justin Credible.Not smart booking by Heyman. The next match featuring Five of ECW’s biggest names had a big potential but unfortunately it didn’t lived up to that as after a wild brawl and hot bumps Shane Douglas,Chris Candido and Lance Storm fought to a no contest with Taz and Bam Bam Bigelow.The next match was another letdown as Al Snow overcame Doug Furnas quite easily. The Final Fourway Dance Match however was the pick of the night and it alone made the money spent worth. The worst team [The Gangstnators] were eliminated first,The Dudleyz and RVD/Sabu fought to a great match with RVD and Sabu working a great double team to eliminate The Dudleyz. The ending was also pretty satisfying when Sabu decisively pinned Sandman.A Very Good Main Event from ECW,the rest of the card had a lot of potential but it didn’t live up to it. ***

· World Wrestling Federation: Royal Rumle on January 25th

BUY RATE:1.14

Vader pinned Goldust (7:47)....Max Mini, Mosaic, and Nova defeated Battalion, El Torito, and Tarantula (7:49) when Max pinned Torito. Sunny was the special referee....Intercontinental Heavyweight Title Match: Rocky Maivia defeated Ken Shamrock (10:53) by Disqualification to retain the Intercontinental Heavyweight title....World Tag Team Title Match: The Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal) defeated The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and Jesse James) (7:56) by Disqualification. The New Age Outlaws retain the title....Royal Rumble Match: Steve Austin won the "royal rumble" (55:24). Also in the match were: Steve Blackman, Justin Bradshaw, Tom Brandi, D-Lo Brown, Cactus Jack, Chainsaw Charlie, Chainz, Eight-Ball, Farooq, Henry Godwinn, Phinneus Godwinn, Goldust, Owen Hart, Mark Henry, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Honkytonk Man, Adam Copeland, Ahmed Johnson, Kurrgan, Dude Love, Rocky Maivia, Mankind, Mark Mero, Mosh, Kama Mustafa, Ken Shamrock, Thrasher, & Savio Vega....World Heavyweight Title Match (Casket Match): Shawn Michaels defeated The Undertaker (20:37) in a "casket" match to retain the title.

Although the card was much hyped,there was very little substance to it.Vader vs Goldust could have been a great match but is sucked.The next was pointless to book for a start, and it was more pointless in-ring. Rocky Maivia and Shamrock looked like stealing the show,the match was grooming up to be a good one but a very stupid finish ruined it. The World Tag Team match was even greater disappointment,with below-par in-ring action, and a stupid DQ finish. The Royal Rumble was THE Highlight of the night with Steve Austin winning it in Spectacular fashion in a match that may launch him to WWF stardom.I really feel sorry for WCW,the guy they fired and badmouthed,had a potential to backfire on them. The Main Event was probably one of the best WWF booked. The match was gold all along and DX and Kane played their parts perfectly,and the Finish of Kane slamming Taker to the casket could be the sign of a future Undertaker Kane feud which is always high on my and books of the fans. ***

· World Championship Wrestling: Souled Out on January 25th

BUY RATE:1.17

Check out the FULL Souled Out Review and comments at 420wrestling.com homepage. ***1/2

· X Wrestling Federation: Americana on January 25th

BUY RATE:0.34

Brian Adams and Dan Spivey pinned Michael Wallstreet and Greg Valentine....... Mike Tyson pinned Dennis Rodman...... World Tag Team Titles Match The Nasty Boys def. The Garvin Brothers, Forces of Nature and The Bushwhackers to retain the titles....... Bob Armstrong defeated Stan Lane by DQ....... George Steele pinned King Kong Bundy..... North American Title Battle Royal Ed Leslie won a battle royale: Also in the match were Scott Norton, Afa, One Man Gang, Kendall Windham, Johnny Grunge, Rocco Rock, Tony Atlas, Hillibilly Jim, Chris Adams and Duke Droese World Heavyweight Title Match Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior defeated The Giant and Jake Roberts when Hulk Hogan pinned Jake Roberts to win the title, Giant was the champion-going into the match.

First of all,since Hogan is booking-he is stupid to stage his first PPV,which has a potentially to be a total DUD on the same date as WWF and WCW PPV’s- I really wonder who are the cruds who bought this thing.YOU SHOULD BE PAYED TO WATCH THIS CRAP! The first match was not quite bad actually,with Adams and Wallstreet wrestling quite decently. The next match was horrible-two guys who doesn’t have wrestling training duking it out-although it was entertaining. More has-beens in the next Fatal Fourway match with The Nasty Boys clearly being the best,thus giving them the strap is justified. This is followed by clash of two further has-beens,thankfully since both Armstrong and Lane have very good basic wrestling skills,this wasn’t a total DUD. George Steele vs King Kong Bundy was THE WORST match of the night-no wrestling and no entertainment,probably one of the worst matches of all-time, this one gets a negative. The Battle Royale was pointless with the most pointless person winning it and another pointless guy (Jim Duggan-who though has some charisma) running on he Champ. The Main Event was a farse to say the least with Giant dominating most of the match and then strangely falling prey to a Big Boot. Jake Roberts also lookd very good but all of a sudden he gets Press slammed by Warrior,end result-Hogan is your champ-not in WCW though,YAWN! The heel team actually looked good though but Hogan is booker. *

THE BEST:Although WWF and WCW pretty close buyrates-their PPV’s differed a lot, while WCW offered nothing spectacular,all their matches [barring a Goldberg semi-DUD] maintained a certain level of consitency,while WWF Royal Rumble had only two highlight,The Rumble and The Main Event-so WCW Souled Out is easily the best PPV of January 1998.

Guest UmpireAJS

So that concludes this update. Microsoft word is driving me nuts so it will probably take 2 weeks to start the next update,so please bear with me.In addition to the usual stuff,I will add some month end reports from 420wrestling.com, so until the next update, consider this diary finished. Peace everyone

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

420wrestling nWo Souled Out 98 RANT!

user posted image

LIVE From Xcel Energy Centre, Minneapolis, MN

Pre-Show Main Event

The Boogie Knights w/Ernest Miller vs The Can-Am Connection

Disco and Zenk start out.HARD chops by Disco on Zenk but Zenk does not react too-much and hits a DEVASTATING kick to floor Disco. Zenk goes for the early cover but Disco kicks out. Zenk decides to punish Disco further but he fails to do so as Disco capitalizes when Zenk is busy taunting and hits Zenk with a DDT. Tag made to Wright, Wright kicks Zenk on the mat and tries to make a high impact move but Zenk rolls out of the way and makes a hot tag to Martel. Martel comes in and takes control. Rick Martel exhibits some brilliant technical wrestling with some flashy moves COMPLETELY dominating Wright. Wright although gets a desperation drop kick. Both men are down, and both men make hot tags to their partners. Zenk and Disco clobbers each other and Zenk gets the advantage by locking him into a sleeperhold. Rick Martel meanwhile gets in an argument with Ernest Miller, which involves the referee. Meanwhile Disco is passing out but Zenk is frustrated and releases the hold and joins Martel to argue with Miller. Disco meanwhile recovers SUPER QUICK and waits till Zenk turns around and HITS HIM with the Last Dance! Disco goes for the cover and gets the 3 count, Martel looks frustrated. After the match the Boogie Knights celebrate.

WINNER: The Boogie Knights when Disco pinned Zenk via Last Dance at 9:26

420 RATING:**

We now go to complete pyros and stuff as Souled Out opens out with YOUR hosts Eric Bischoff and Bobby Heenan, [Who are NOT Scott Keith's Usual Gang of Idiots, hehe.]

Cruiserweight Survival match for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Eddie Guerrero ©, Chris Jericho, Ultimo Dragon and Psychosis vs Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Juventud Guerrera

Both teams have a pep talk to decide who goes first and they decide that we will have Ultimo Dragon and Rey Mysterio to start it out. Action does not stay with this two for a long-time as both of them fails to capitalize on each others mistakes and tags in Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko resp. We follow up with High-octane action involving this two. In the First 7 minutes or so several hot tags are made with superb action until we come to

ELIMINATION #1: Dean Malenko executes the Texas Cloverleaf forcing Psychosis to tap out

Chris Jericho takes Psychosis’ place and immediately applies an array of offense on Dean Malenko. Malenko however reacts back with some great mat-based wrestling. However both men are tired and they tag out to Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio, who fight around for a while until..

ELIMINATION #2: Eddie nails Rey Mysterio with a Frog Splash and gets the 3-Count.

Eddie Guerrero now takes on his own nephew Chavo Guerrero Jr. in the ring. They battle it out with both hitting countless of “Scissor” moves on each other. However it is Chavo who gets the advantage but however fails to gets a pin since Chris Jericho CLOBBERS Chavo down. This however allowed Eddie to get the 3-count.

ELIMINATION #3: As a result of some Chris Jericho interference, Eddie pins Chavo.

Dean Malenko replaces Chavo as Eddie Guerrero quickly tags in Ultimo Dragon. Ultimo Dragon and Malenko wrestle toe-to-toe for a while but soon all the remaining men switch places pretty quickly and after some good 5 minutes of action....

ELIMINATION #4: Juventud Guerrera pinned Ultimo Dragon after connecting with the Juvi Driver.

Malenko finally got his retribution on Chris Jericho as he pinned Jericho after a small package pretty soon after the 4th elimination.

ELIMINATION #5: Dean Malenko pins Chris Jericho

Eddie Guerrero was in a two-on one situation but he soon knocked Juventud Guerrera away and we had a long battle between Eddie and Malenko, but Eddie finally got the better of Malenko thanks to the title belt.

ELIMINATION #6: Eddie Guerrero pins Dean Malenko

Not to be forgetting that THIS is a WCW match, we have out final elimination in the most anticlimactic way possible as Juventud Guerrera recovers, comes in and gets WAFFLED with a drop-kick and Eddie covers Juvi and STILL remains the champion.

WINNER: Eddie Guerrero as the sole surviving member of this match. Eddie pinned Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero, Dean Malenko and Juventud Guerrera- That is ALL THE MEMBERS of his opposite team to RETAIN his Cruiserweight Championship at 19:59

420 RATING:**** [1/2 star deducted for stupid finish]

Bobbie gets a little excited about Eddie eliminating ALL his opposing competition and retaining the title while Bischoff is indifferent since there was no nWo involved, but he makes a point that he will try to recruit Eddie in the nWo.

Speaking of the nWo, The Outsiders and Dusty Rhodes discuss backstage what wish they can ask for when they OBLITERATE Bret Hart and friends.

Goldberg gets into the ring, and spears Finley to OBLIVION, Darsow tries jump on Goldberg but Goldberg no sells and delivers a HUGE Gorilla Press Slam. Goldberg then toys with Finley and Darsow for the next 3 or 4 minutes until he jackhammers both of them on top of another and covers both to get the 3 count. Waste of Match space,Waste of Money but Overness grows for Goldberg. YAWN

WINNER: Goldberg by pinning BOTH his opponents at 4:49

420 RATING:1/2*,be thankful that I didn’t give this one a huge DUD.

Rowdy Roddy Piper arrives at the arena with a HUGE OVIATION! Scott Hudson asks him what’s Piper doing tonight,since he is not scheduled at any matches-Piper says he has a surprise straight from the board of directors-later to be revealed tonight.

Ted DiBiase psyches up The Steiners. This is their chance to show the nWo who they really are.

The Steiner Brothers © w/Ted DiBiase vs Buff Bagwell and Konnan w/Vincent

Hey! Vincent is back-let’s hope he only sticks to being a Bodyguard because HE WILL SUCK at Wrestling.Rick Steiner and Konnan start out and so with start out with some shitty wrestling for the first 3 minutes or so.Rick Steiner gets the early advantage as he ABSOLUTELY dominates Konnan before tagging into Scott.Scott Steiner continues the attack on Konnan,but somehow Konnan manages to tag Bagwell.Steiner and Bagwell follow up with some nice chain wrestling- hitting punches after punches to each other.Steiner kicks out of a powerslam,Bagwell kicks out of an Atomic Drop.A Back-breaker seems to give Scott Steiner the advantage but Bagwell counters the pinfall and rolls up Steiner,1-2 and Steiner rolls up Bagwell but he also gets 2 Count. Tag made to Rick Steiner who comes in and gets WAFFLED by Buff Bagwell.Buff Bagwell now in offense.Buff Bagwell delivers three big powerslams and follows with a Kobyashi DDT. Buff Bagwell goes up to the top-rope and MISSES the Buff Blockbuster. Both men are down and eventually make desperate tags to their partners.Konnan gets some early offense but Scott Steiner overall is in control.Scott Steiner locks in the Steiner Recliner but Vincent distracts the referee- which results in a brawl between DiBiase and Vincent. Scott Steiner meanwhile gets distracted and is BROUGHT DOWN HARD by Bagwell.Bagwell sneaks in the ring illegally and pummels Scott Steiner. Scott Steiner makes a desperate tag to Rick who counters a flurry of punches from Bagwell and NAILS Bagwell with The Bulldog. Vincent gets the referee distracted again and Rick Steiner steps outside to brawl with Vincent,knocking down the referee in process. Meanwhile Buff Bagwell attacks Rick Steiner and Scott Steiner joins the brawl.New referee comes-Vincent and Ted DiBiase are expelled from ringside.So we have Rick Steiner and Bagwell again.Bagwell gets the offense and floors Rick Steiner,who tries for a Desperate tag,he is inches away from Steiner,Steiner gets his hand towards Rick AND THE SWERVE: SCOTT STEINER PULLS IT AWAY! SCOTT STEINER walks out from the aisle to the ringside-and the crowd does not like this at all. Meanwhile Konnan is in the ring and he executes a version of a neckbreaker to get the cover. WE HAVE NEW TAG CHAMPIONS. Scott Steiner comes back into the ring,he stares down Bagwell and THEY SHAKE HANDS! SCOTT STEINER RIPS OF HIS OVERALLS AND HE IS WEARING NWO OVERALLS! SCOTT STEINER HAS JOINED THE NWO. The crowd is now booing Steiner to hell.

WINNER and NEW Champions:Buff Bagwell and Konnan when Konnan pinned Rick Steiner at 15:33 nWo 1 wCw 0

420 RATING:***1/2 [1/2 star increased for swerve,Since nWo made their offers to both the Steiners and it looked like Rick was going to accept it]

Cut to nWo lockeroom-nWo celebrate their very first victory at night: Eric Bischoff announces a welcome ceremony for Scott Steiner tomorrow night,while he announces Nick Patrick will be the referee for the 6-Man Tag.

Harlem Heat heads out to the ring, the first challengers to Buff Bagwell and Konnan are going to be found out NEXT.

#1 Contender Match for the World Tag Team Titles

First thing is first as Vanderburg is expelled from ringside.We don’t want any stupid finishes right. Booker T and Mortis start off-they are going to have mighty hard tonight because when Ray or Wrath steps in it’s going to be mega crap in the ring.Mortis gets the early offense. Mortis kicks,punches and slams Booker T around until Booker T reverses a running kick with a stiff shot to the midsection.Booker T now gets into offense and delivers a staggering neck-breaker.Mortis is down and Booker tags in Stevie Ray.Stevie Ray goes for some shitty offense-which is only worse than Konnan,no no DON’T EVER THINK OF BOOKING KONNAN AGAINST STEVIE RAY WCW. Mortis however no sells them like A MONSTER and hits back Stevie Ray with a MASSIVE Spinebuster! Mortis then PULVERIZES Stevie Ray and tags in Wrath,great: Two shitty wrestler at the same time. Wrath DESTROYS Ray but out of nowhere, Ray hits a desperation take-down and makes a tag to Booker T.Booker T and Wrath goes toe to toe move to move with Booker T gaining the advantage by dodging most of Wrath’s big slams. Wrath tags in Mortis and Mortis gets advantage of Booker T.Mortis with TWO GIANT Suplexes and attempts for the Flatliner but fails to do so. Booker T tries for a Harlem flip, but blocked. Booker T and Mortis now look tired so they make their tag to their partners. Wrath comes in and hits the Meltdown but Ray kicks out. Wrath makes endless pinfalls but Ray kicks out from all of them.Wrath is frustrated as he tags in Mortis WHO GETS WAFFLED by a Big Clothesline from Stevie Ray. In comes Booker T and delivers the Book-end to get the 3-count.Match was dragged way to long.

WINNER and #1 CONTENDERS FOR THE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES: Harlem Heat when Booker T pinned Mortis at 12:29

420 RATING:**1/4

We are shown locker rooms of both the warring stables- The Four Horsemen expresses confidence in each other while in The Flock Raven SINISTERLY discusses something with Saturn and Kidman.

Referee disposes of all the remaining members of the Horsemen and Flock. Benoit and Raven starts out. Benoit with some great suplexes but Raven counters his third suplexes and hits him with an elbow to the face.Raven now hits some hard shots to Benoit and cheapshots Benoit down. Tag to Saturn, Saturn kicks Benoit several times to the guts and taunts Benoit. Saturn gets in control after side-slamming Benoit. Nice hip-toss by Saturn, and Saturn attempts a DDT but Benoit counters. Headlock takedown by Benoit and he makes the tag to Arn Anderson. Arn Anderson comes in and kicks Saturn to the head and then CLOBBERS Saturn with a huge suplex. Arn goes for the count, kick-out at 2. Anderson picks up Saturn and attempts for a neckbreaker but Saturn reverses and hits Arn hard. Several shots to the midsection and Saturn is back in it. Saturn is completely killing Arn. Saturn finally puts Arn into the Rings, but Benoit breaks up the submission. Raven and Saturn argue with Benoit giving Arn the time to recover as he makes a desperate stomp on Saturn. Arn tags Benoit and Benoit hits a flurry of offenses on Saturn, until he misses an attempt on a face-buster. Saturn capitalizes and hits back, but fails to hit a DVD and gets Triple-Germaned by Benoit, Saturn is down-Benoit goes up to the top, but Raven knocks him down HARD to the steel steps. Both men are down, while Benoit goes back up- Saturn manages to tag in Raven. Raven hits Benoit with kicks, punches, takedowns, slams, KITCHEN SINKS [sorry no kitchen sicks]-but Benoit is too stubborn and fights back. We have atleast 4 reversals of pinfalls. Raven breaks out off the crossface while Benoit kicks out of the Evenflow and this soon leads to a double take-down. At the count of 8 both members tag in their team-mates. This time Arn Anderson has the advantage, he PUMMELS Saturn down to the mat and Saturn oversells for an atomic drop. Anderson picks up Saturn and we have an exchange of hard chops until Anderson takes the advantage delivers the MAIN EVENT SPINBUSTAH! But gets nothing more than a 2-count. Anderson and Benoit now pull of several double teams on Saturn until Saturn gets desperate and tags in Raven,who unknowingly to the referee DESTROYS Anderson with a trash-can while Benoit was busy arguing with him saying he was the legal man, after Arn made a tag. Raven applies a Japaneese armdrag on Anderson and Anderson looks to be in pain. Lodi and Kidman run up to the entrance for some reason and begins arguing with the ref, as Anderson takes ANOTHER Trash can shot. This time Benoit is desperate as he comes in totally obliterates Raven. Hard shots to Raven, Raven is looking down and out, a Triple German suplex and Benoit locks in the crossface. Referee restores order and finds Benoit is not the legal man, so he orders him to go out while Anderson comes in and argues with the ref. Raven and Saturn meanwhile takes out Benoit with A KITCHEN SINK. Benoit is down and out, the referee looks confused but begins the count anyway, and Arn tries to argue again but Lodi sneaks up and WHACKS Anderson with a chair. Anderson is down, and Raven delivers the Evenflow on Benoit and gets the 3-count. Good match this.

WINNER: Raven and Saturn when Raven pinned Benoit at 24:39

420 RATING:****1/4

DDP cuts an interview on Hennig backstage with Scott Hudson.The usual stuff until Henning and DDP has a confrontation.

We are shown history of the DDP-Hennig feud as well as a brief history of notable steel cage matches in NWA/WCW

Steel Cage match for the United States Title:Winner by Pinfall or Submission wCw vs nWo

DDP and Hennig confront at the begining,they slap each other until DDP gets a huge clothesline on Henning to start things off. Hennig and DDP then fight over a headlock. Nobody wins that one so they grapple again and this time Hennig is in control as he suplexes DDP right to the cage wall. DDP is hurt,Hennig kicks DDP to the guts and delivers another big suplex. Hennig makes the cover for only 2. Hennig takes control of the match hitting some great kicks, clotheslines. DDP however counters a snap suplex and suplexes Hennig instead. DDP now gets on offense and he throws Hennig to the cage wall. DDP repeatedly kicks on Hennig before lifting him up but he misses the Diamond Cutter and Hennig capitalizes and gets on Offense. Hennig however does not hold the offense for too long as DDP comes back with a back-breaker. Hennig recovers from a pinfall and reverses its but DDP gets out. Hennig and DDP recover and get up and they start to argue. Hennig pushes DDP, DDP gets angry and pushes Hennig hard to the steel cage wall. DDP then pounds Hennig’s face to the wall. DDP tries to go in for another Diamond Cutter but Hennig blocks that and gets another snap suplex in. Hennig attempts a running elbow drop but DDP moves out of the way. Both men are down,it seems Hennig recovers from the fall and gets into the offense. Hennig and DDP trade punches. Henning tries for a Hennigplex but DDP blocks it. DDP now goes in complete offense, he clothesline Hennig-follows it up with a body-drop and finally a big atomic drop. Henning was hurt and DDP now attempted the Diamond Cutter and got it. Meanwhile Scott Steiner the newest member of the nWo came and tried to interfere. DDP and Steiner brawled on top of the cage, this was Hennig’s cue to recovery as he attacked DDP on the top-rope and then connected with a high-risk Superplex from the top-rope. Both men were down. Steiner still tried to argue with the referee, but out came Rick Steiner and attacked Scott Steiner. Now the Steiner Brothers were brawling outside the cage while Hennig slowly hooked DDP’s legs for a count but DDP kicked out at 2, another hook and another kick-out by DDP. Hennig was frustrated and he argued with Charles Robinson. However he soon came back to continue his beating on DDP but DDP was charged up again as he matched his fists with Hennig. Hennig and DDP continued to exchange blows but after a powerful it was DDP who got fired up. DDP now hit a flurry of offenses on Hennig,with Hennig looking possibly out. Hennig although attempted to get in control when he ducked a DDP clothesline and booted DDP to the ground. Hennig got in a few suplexes but DDP once again escaped the Hennigplex and continued to rampage Hennig. Hennig however looked resilient as he kicked out of a rotating DDP Pancake. Meanwhile it was Buff Bagwell’s turn to interfere, and he and DDP got in a scuffle again. Hennig recovered but he failed to hit DDP but instead WHACKED Bagwell with a punch. Bagwell went down and DDP floored Hennig and then decapitated Henning with a leg-drop from the top. Hennig was truly out as DDP recovered and delivered the Diamond Cutter to get the pinfall. Lot less Blood in standard of a cage match but however this match was WAY better than Starrcade.

WINNER and STI.L Champion:Diamond Dallas Page by pinfall at 19:32 wCw 1 nWo 1

420 RATING: ***

Randy Savage meanwhile was heading out to the ring,so my guess is that The Six Man would be the Main Event.He was chatting with Dusty and in came Rowdy Roddy Piper with looks exchanged by him and nWo. Piper went quitely through the hallway and knocked the door of Bret Hart’s lockerroom. Davey Boy opened the door and let Piper in.

Sting/Savage clippings shown.

World Heavyweight Title Match wCw vs nWo

Sting © vs Randy Savage

Comapred to the last 2 matches this was a garbage really,although it was kept short so I will go short. Savage gets the early offense and tries to disbalance Sting but he just takes the blows and stands motionless. Savage then goes for a HUGE clothesline but Sting blocks that and now Sting shifts gear. Sting punches Savage wildly who tries to cover up and fails.Sting throws Savage to the buckles but Savage rolls out of the Stinger splash. Savage now goes on offense and he hits Sting with a big kick and STING SELLS! Savage gets the initiative and he now begins to Scramble Sting. Sting in trouble now and Savage connects 2 bodydrops to Sting,Savage goes in for the cover but Sting kicks out. Savage goes in for the cover again but Sting kicks out. Savage is frustrated so he goes and plays to the crowd who are not interested in seeing him. Sting now gets up to a HUGE POP! Savage turns around and gets FACE TO FACE with Sting. Savage tries to clobber Sting but Sting blocks and clobbers Savage instead. Sting with two powerslams on Savage but does not cover Savage. Sting instead drags Savage to the turnbuckle and BOOM kicks Savage HARD in the nuts. Savage is in pain, and Sting continues to hammer on Savage. Scott Hall meanwhile runs in. Sting leaves Savage and goes after Hall who immediately backs off. Savage uses this time to recover and gets the advantage over Sting. Savage with a HUGE Face Buster. Macho Man looks to be in control and he goes up to the top rope for the Flying Elbow Drop but out comes Davey Boy Smith and starts fighting with Hall. Referee is now outside to settle the issues outside, while Savage uses this time and gets a steel chair but before he can whack Sting, Sting recovers and kicks the chair away from Savage’s and attacks Savage. Some generic senior-citizen brawl follows although Sting went in for a few suplexes. Savage gets the advantage with the back body drop.Meanwhile Hall and Smith are ejected from ringside. Savage goes up for another legdrop and misses. Both men are down and recover around the count of 7. Savage sees the chair and tries to go to it but Sting pulls Savage by the legs. Sting puts on the Scorpion Deathlock, but Savage grabs the ropes. Sting then picks up Savage but Savage reverses a hair-grab and delivers a DDT to Sting, Savage grabs the chair and is on his way to hit Sting but referee Charles Robinson is arguing with Savage so Savage hits Charles Robinson instead with the chair. But Savage once again fails to hit Sting with the chair as Sting takes it away from him and SMASHES the chair to Savage’s mouth. Savage falls down. Sting picks up to deliver the Scorpion Death Drop.Sting covers Savage but there is no referee, out comes both referee Nick Patrick and Billy Silverman to the ringside and starts to argue who will take charge. Sting gets up and baseball slides Patrick. Silverman comes into the ring but meanwhile Savage is up and Sting turns around to get FLOORED with a hard punch. Savage goes for the cover but Sting kicks out, this happens for approx. 3 times until Sting reverses a roll-up to a Scorpion Deathlock! Savage tries to get to the ropes but Sting pushes him back. Finally Savage taps out.

WINNER and STILL Champion: Sting by submission at 17:17 wCw 2 nWo 1

420 RATING:***

Eric Bischoff whines that Sting cheated to win, but goes backstage anyway to give some instructions to the referee of the match, Nick Patrick. While he is leaving the announce table, The Music of Rowdy Roddy Piper hits the ring with a huge pop, Piper and Bischoff exchange snarls but both goes separate ways as Piper heads to the ring and grabs a mike. It seems that the board of directors didn’t think it was fair to have only a single referee,and that to a nWo one to officiate such a hi-octane WCW vs nWo Main Event where the Survivor(s) get(s) anything he/they wish(es) for-so they have decided that an Outsider Enforcer is required to monitor the match and since the referee was an nWo member the board thought that it was only fair to have the outsider enforcer a WCW one. So without further adieu your Outside Enforcer was Piper himself! Not much surprise there I have to say, Eric Bischoff meanwhile is SHOCKED to hear this and he curses Piper via the Jumbotron-with the entire nWo looking upset. But we had a match anyway.

Referee: Nick Patrick (nWo) Special Outside Enforcer: Rowdy Roddy Piper (WCW)

Davey Boy and Scott Hall starts the match-up,with Hall doing his usual finger-taunts to Davey Boy. But Davey Boy is ain’t impressed with that and he clobbers down Hall with a stiff clothesline and gets on offense. Davey Boy hits some hard shots on Hall and then almost DESTROYS Hall with a huge suplex. Davey Boy does not stop and tries to get more offense on Hall but Nash gets in and pounds on Davey Boy. Nick Patrick does not do anything but Rowdy Roddy Piper gets in the ring and separates Nash from Davey Boy, this leads to an argument between Piper and Patrick while Scott Hall makes a tag to Dusty Rhodes-Let the SHIT begin. Dusty Rhodes –ahem looks like he gets some offense on Davey Boy but they are sooo weak that it won’t hurt a cruiserweight anyway and Davey Boy does not have to no sell them. He whacks down Dusty Rhodes and makes a tag to Bret Hart. Bret Hart separated Dusty from his team-mates and knocks down Dusty. Bret Hart applies pressure on the ribs of Dusty. Dusty almost passes out but Bret does not let go. Dusty hits a desperation elbow on Bret Hart but Hart ducks that and delivers a vertical suplex on Dusty. Since Dusty is SO FAT, Bret is knocked down too. Dusty and Bret makes tags to Nash and Zybysko. Nash absolutely FLATTENS Zybysko with a powerslam. Nash continues to pound on Zybysko but Zybysko gets back with a heart punch. Hall meanwhile is involved in an argument with Piper when Piper catches Hall trying to throw a pair of brass knucks to Nash. Nash however no-sells every Zybysko offense and delivers a HUGE Jackknife Powerbomb. Nash gets the 3-count

ELIMINATION #1: Larry Zybysko by Kevin Nash as a result of pinfall.

Bret Hart replaces Nash as outside Piper confiscates the brass knucks from Hall, Nick Patrick however is shown to hand some other knucks to Nash-unknowingly to Piper. Nash gets on the offense as he pounders on Bret Hart. Bret Hart however recovers quickly and delivers a big DDT on Nash, but as a result of that Bret is down too. Nash covers Hart and Patrick tries to make a LIGHTNING FAST COUNT but Piper intervenes-this leads to another altercation between Hall and Piper. Nash and Bret meanwhile recover and trade right hands,until Nash misses a big body slam and Bret capitalizes by slamming Nash down hard. Bret makes a tag to Davey Boy who pounds on Nash relentlessly, but Nash inspite of all the pounding gets up and THROWS Davey Boy out of the ring. Nash tags to Dusty Rhodes who goes out of the ring and begins to taunt Davey Boy until Piper gets in the way again and tells Rhodes to get back into the ring. Scott Hall meanwhile sneaks up behind Davey Boy and low-blows him,this leads to Bret Hart going out and brawling with Hall.Total Chaos now rules OUTSIDE The Ring as Piper is desperate and he sends all of the guys back into the ring and has an argument with Patrick again. Meanwhile Nash supplies Dusty the brass-knucks but Davey Boy kicks Dusty in the balls before he can use the knucks. Davey Boy brings Dusty down with a HUGE Neckbreaker. Davey Boy covers and gets the 3-count.

ELIMINATION #2: Dusty Rhodes by Davey Boy Smith as a result of pinfall.

So It’s The Outsiders vs The Hart Foundation in the ring. Hall replaces Dusty while Davey Boy tags in Hart. Hart and Hall goes into a grapple, but Hall being the stronger of the too pushes Hart towards the rope but Hart bounces back and executes a running elbow on Hall. Hall goes down and Hart immediately goes for the Sharpshooter but Hall grabs the ropes. Hall and Hart goes into a generic brawl for sometime with Hart reversing some powerslams and Hall coming out of some tight sleeperholds and kicking out of a Russian Legsweep. Hart goes for a snap suplex but Hall blocks that one and hits a desperation face-slam. Both men are down and at the count of 7 both crawl and tries to tag to their partner.While Nash comes in,Patrick refuses to acknowledge that Hart made a clean tag, but Piper intervenes again so it’s Nash against Davey Boy. Nash ONCE AGAIN no-sells Davey Boy’s offenses and hits down Davey Boy with big Press Slams. Nash covers Davey Boy but Davey Boy kicks out. Cover and again Davey Boy kicks out. Nash is frustrated as he goes and talks to Patrick about something but when he comes back BOOM he gets hit by a Super-kick. Nash goes down and Patrick warns Davey Boy that the super-kick was an illegal move. Davey Boy picks up and tries to throw Nash to the ropes but Nash is too powerful and reverses and throws Davey Boy instead. But Davey Boy comes back and hits the RUNNING POWERSLAM! Davey Boy cover’s Nash.. 1...2... but Patrick stops the count saying that it was an illegal pinfall. The crowd BOOS Patrick as Davey Boy snaps and attacks Patrick. Soon Piper and rest of the members are engaged in a brawl until Eric Bischoff comes out and says that if any of the members of the match attacked an official he would be DQ’ed and hence eliminated.So order is restored but before Davey Boy can attack Nash uses the brass-knucks to take down Davey Boy [which Piper doesn’t see since he is arguing with Bischoff], Nash delivers a Sidewalk slam and gets the 3-Count.

ELIMINATION #3: Davey Boy Smith by Kevin Nash as a result of pinfall.

So it’s now Bret Hart vs The Outsiders. Nash tags in Hall. Hall mocks Hart with the I’m scared fingertaunt, and Hart responses with a HUGE Knuckle-smash. Hall and Hart now go into some serious brawling as they frequently block each other’s slams,drivers and suplexes. Hall kicks out of the Russian Legsweep while Hart kicks out of The Outsiders Edge. Hart goes for an atomic drop but Hall pulls down Hart and LOCKS HART INTO A SHARPSHOOTER! Patrick tries to call for the bell but Piper stops that once again. Hart meanwhile reverses Hall’s sharpshooter to his own and Hall looks to be in pain. Nash steps in to kick Hart away, and Hart WAFFLES Nash out of the ring. Hart looks to be in total control as he relentlessly kicks Hall,but Hall however throws Hart to the turnbuckle after Hart failed to take advantage with an armdrag. Hall chocked Hart with his foot, and Piper this time got inside the ring to point out it was illegal. Another argument between Patrick and Piper broke out but this time PIPER KNOCKED THE HELL OUT OF PATRICK with a DDT. Hall turns around and GETS ANOTHER DDT! From Hart. Hart this time locks in the Sharpshooter, Nash is back-up but can’t do anything significant as Hall taps out.

ELIMINATION #4: Scott Hall by Bret Hart as a result of submission.

So it was now down to Hart vs Nash.. Nash and Hart confronted each other and without any working Hart began to pound on Nash. But Nash NO SELLS THEM Like a MONSTER and delivers a powerful Body Slam to the mat. Nash then went for a HUGE Leg Drop but Hart moved out of the way. Nash picks up Hart and tries for another slam but Hart blocks it and tries to clobber Nash. But Nash is too powerful and he this time attempts a fireman’s carry and then WAFFLES Hart with a powerslam, but Hart kicks out. Nash now becomes frustrated as he taunts the crowd before going back to Hart and picking him up. Nash tries to throw Hart to the turnbuckle but Hart applies a handspring instead! Nash is in pain as Hart connects a superb Spin kick to knock Nash off balance. Hart now goes in offense as he suplexes Nash twice. Nash tries a headlock but Hart goes out of it and gives a Back body drop to Nash. Bret tries to lock in the Sharpshooter but Nash powers out. Nash and Bret now trade punches, until Nash throws Bret to the turnbuckles and applies a foot-choke. Piper intervenes and Nash chases off Piper. This gives Bret the time to recover and when Nash comes back he finds himself to a Hart face buster. Hart covers but Nash powers out,but Hart is desperate and he applies further offense to Nash. Nash is looking down and out, but Hart misses a spin-kick and Nash just grabs Hart and delivers A HUGE JACKNIFE POWERBOMB! Nash now looks desperate as he goes out of the ring and grabs a steel chair, Rowdy Roddy Piper tries to take the chair away, but from the crowd comes Macho Man Randy Savage and slaughters Piper with a steel pipe. Meanwhile Patrick is doing nothing as Nash goes back into the ring, Bret is just winding up after the big powerbomb but Nash SMASHES Bret’s face and busts him open with the Steel Chair. Nash covers Bret Hart and gets the 3-Count.

ELIMINATION #5: Bret Hart by Kevin Nash as a result of pinfall.

SURVIVOR: Kevin Nash

WINNER OF THE MATCH:nWo as a result of Nash’s pinfall on Hart at 43:54 wCw 2 nWo 2

420 RATING:***3/4

The nWo Celebrate after the match, including Scott Steiner.

FINAL Thoughts:Well it was a pretty good PPV,The build up was good the match-ups were amazing in WCW respects-but some like Goldberg’s Squash was useless,also Booking Harlem Heat against Ghosts and Ghouls was not a smart thing to do.But they did do the Benoit/Anderson vs Raven/Saturn match amazingly and the DDP-Henning was exceptionally well done in comparison to Starrcade,although the Steel Cage hardly came into play.The Senior Citizen’s World Heavyweight Title match was a bit dragged,but it was still acceptable. The Scott Steiner turn was really well done and so was the Cruiserweight match. The Main Event was Above Average, Bret didn’t looked anything like his WWF 95-96 form but he did the job- kudos to Eric for getting rid of Dusty and Larry early though,Davey Boy looked impressive and Hall and Nash just stuck to their tasks-trying nothing fancy.Overall it was a respectable Main Event and a Respectable PPV.

FINAL 420 RATING:***1/2

Pretty much recommended.

Buyrate 1.17

Sorry! But I forgot to note down the sales and attendance figures.Stupid me