WCW 1998

Guest UmpireAJS

Guest UmpireAJS

WCW Thunder and Saturday Night Results

THUNDER [Flock vs The Dancing Fools special]

Alex Wright and Disco Inferno def. Lodi and Saturn

Dean Malenko def Kidman

Mortis def. Ernest Miller

Chris Jericho def. Rey Mysterio Jr,Rick Martel and Eddie Guerrerro in a Fourway match to become the #1 Contender for the TV Title when Jericho used the ropes to get some leverage and pinned Eddie.Eddie and Jericho brawls afterwards.

RATING:1.97

SATURDAY NIGHT

Vincent def. Norman Smiley

Goldberg and Davey Boy Smith def. Sick Boy and Hugh Morrus in a NON-TITLE MATCH

Rick Martel def. Glacier

Juventud Guerrera def. Tom Zenk to retain the Cruiserweight Championship.Ultimo Dragon fails to attack Juvi afterwards.

RATING:1.99

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UmpireAJS

420Wrestling.com Weekly WCW News

Week March 2nd to March 8th

- We are sorry to announce the passing away of WCW Talent Louie Spicolli.Spicolli died in his sleep last Wednesday night,the cause of his death is suspected to be some kind of cocaine overdose.WCW mourns his death and has their sympathies with his family and friends.

-Marty Janetty has been released by WCW after both parties failed to come into some kind of compromise regarding his wage.Jannetty was unhappy the way WCW treated him in the booking recently

-WCW is pleased to announce that they've struck a deal with AJPW and CMLL regarding talent exchange.Unlike their NJPW working agreement, workers from all the parties involved will not work on any promotions on full time basis,but will appear on the roster from time to time and in general the respective promotion and it's workers will be hyped in the other promotion's shows.WCW currently has the plan to stage the Finals of the CMLL World Heavyweight Title Tournament and the match for the AJPW World Tag Team Titles at Uncensored

-The issues between Ric Flair and WCW has seemingly been resolved. Both sides have now reached an agreement and all lawsuits against Flair and WCW has been pulled off.Flair is scheduled to make his in-ring return at Uncensored although WCW will start to mention his name from the coming broadcasts.Ric Flair will also be included in the WCW Nitro videogame due out in Late May.

Guest UmpireAJS

420Wrestling.com Monday Nitro Short Recap

By Michael Killings

user posted image

Monday Nitro is LIVE from The Cow Palace in San Fransisco, CA

RIP Louie Spicolli

Your Hosts are Tony and Bobby

Nitro hits No-Cal as we start off with A Louie Spicolli Tribute Video [RIP] followed by Highlights from Last week with Arn Anderson promises that he will say something tonight on Hall.

Before we get to all that we have a match to start off with,Let’s hope Eric Bischoff is NOT booking this one.

Juventud Guerrera and Dean Malenko def. Mortis and Ultimo Dragon with big heel heats for all the dudes in the mask and Deano Machino,so the crowd pretty much booed everyone anyway,and thus the guys really lost it all in the middle of the ring. This is once again a poor booking example from Eric Bischoff, since none of these guys are very popular in No-Cal anyway, well atleast Mortis tried, but the Crusiers looked completely out of focus. A very poor match, much below the standards that I’d expect from any of these guys. Finish came with Malenko making Dragon tap out to the Cloverleaf. Flock attacks Malenko afterwards but the Dancing Fools come and make the save. ** for about three or four spots they hit correctly, I have a feeling this is going to be a long night.

Cut to Eric Bischoff’s office and he has Jericho, Eddie and Booker T in his office announcing the inevitable triple threat. Guys,please don’t screw this potential ***** in the PPV.

Scott Steiner and Buff Bagwell chat on the nWo locker-room, they are going to show their former partners Scotty Riggs and Rick Steiner some lessons for messing with the nWo.

Scott Steiner and Buff Bagwell def. Rick Steiner and Scotty Riggs in a BAD matchup. Plain and simple, there was really no work-rate present, with even little psychology and the crowd showed little interest to this. Although special mentions must be made to Scott who hit some suplexes and slams correctly, which saved the match from being a DUD. But unfocused and in general poor wrestling by the faces, poor match reading by Bagwell ruined the match to entirety. Two Bad match to start with doesn’t really improve one company’s reputation now does it? 1/2* with Scott Steiner pinning Rick after a Bulldog.

Meanwhile,Goldberg arrives backstage but is taken out by Vincent and Konnan. Now when does his streak end?

The nWo hits the ring for you know what... and our Main Event is a Survivor match, akin to what we are going to see at Uncensored featuring Bret Hart, Davey Boy, Sting and Arn Anderson [who turns out to be a replacement for Goldberg] against The Outsiders, Randy Savage and Flexy Lexy. Bischoff now orders WCW to name their team for Uncensored and their stipulations. Bret Hart comes out and names himself, Davey Boy, Goldberg and a man whom he expects will be here next week. Eric says that if Goldberg and the mystery man doesn’t turn up at Uncensored, Bret can’t ask for partners. And about the stipulation, Hart says that if WCW wins, the career of every nWo superstar will be put on the line at Spring Stampede, including Uncle Erics, and you still think WCW is going to win! Last year it was disbanding of the nWo, this year more shit. Oh well. Uncle Eric agrees to that.

It’s DDP vs Raven Next, Benoit wishes best of luck to DDP.

Diamond Dallas Page def. Raven in a non-title match by DQ and the screwy finish makes me think that DDP/Raven is going to be an imminent feud for the U.S. Title, poor Benoit. This was a good match, since both workers have nearly same styles, abilities and charisma. This is the first match that the No-Cal crowd loved and they cheered for all the high spots into the match including cheers for Raven when he took a INSANE steel steps bump. DDP’s tauntings also got huge cheers, surprisingly. But not forgetting this is a WCW match we have Saturn running in when DDP has flattened Raven with a pancake and then followed it up with The Diamond Cutter. Instant DQ, DDP and Saturn brawl. Chris Benoit comes to make the scene even. DDP and Benoit shake hands and ...... DDP CLOBBERS BENOIT WITH THE U.S. TITLE, thus drawing huge heel heat!!! Raven gets up and meets the same fate. DDP now stands tall. “Nothing personal” he mutters to Benoit but the crowd is taking none of this crap. COULD THIS BE AN INDICATION THAT DDP IS THE NEWEST SECRET WEAPON OF nWo? TUNE IN TO NITRO TO FIND OUT!!! ***3/4 Great match until that lame finish.

Chris Jericho prepares for his match against Chavo,a tune-up for his big match at Uncensored. Meanwhile Bret Hart and Kevin Nash meet up backstage, friendly exchange of words.

Uncensored promo shown.

Chris Jericho def. Chavo Guerrero Jr. in an awesome match. This was not probably Bischoff’s booking since this bout featured the High-Flying talents of both men at their finest also with adequate mat-work. Both had the equal edge until Chavo missed a Rana and Jericho delivered a Flying Headscissors to grab hold of the action. A hot match that left the crowd wanting for more. NOW THIS IS QUALITY BOOKING. Ending came with Jericho reversing a leglock to a Liontamer, making Chavo tap out. Kudos to the booking team. ****

But ofcourse, we follow up with Eddie and Booker T hitting the ring. Three way slugfest takes us to commercials.

Arn Anderson Interview This was simply an AWESOME Interview right up there with His Retirement speech. Certainly the promo of the night, so check the full transcript out there.

Bobby Eaton def. Barry Darsow in a filler, not much to say with crowd sleeping. Finish came with Eaton pinning Darsow after the Alabama Slam. ¼*

Eric Bischoff is in his office with the nWo and he gets a phone-call. As Bischoff tries to explain something to the caller,the caller hangs up,Bischoff looks worried. We find out that it was the Chairman of the Board of Directors JJ Dillon who is coming to Nitro next week and is apparently not happy with Bischoff’s performance. OH NO! Another Mr. Annoyance appearance, this sucks.

The nWo [The Outsiders.Randy Savage and Lex Luger] def. WCW [bret Hart,Davey Boy,Arn Anderson and Sting] in a Survival Match

Let’s give a run-down on the Eliminations

· Kevin Nash eliminates Davey Boy by hitting a Jacknife Powerbomb near the 4 minute mark

· Sting eliminates Randy Savage by submission on 7:23

· Lex Luger eliminates Arn Anderson when apparently Nick Patrick DQ’ed Arn Anderson for using a steel chair [which was brought by Luger] on 12:08

· Bret Hart eliminates Lex Luger by the Russain Legsweep,when was the last time Bret made a top-line heel [other than Randy Savage] tap out? On 15:56

· Scott Hall eliminates Sting via The Outsiders Edge [and a little help from Flexy Lexy] on 19:23, Sting jobs to Hall thrice in a row.

· Kevin Nash eliminates Bret Hart via The Jacknife Powerbomb after some help from Lex Luger on 24:58, Let Hart’s losing streak begin

Yeah sure it was very predictable since The Outsiders would rarely accept to job multiple times in a row but the action wasn’t all that too bad since each fall lasted for about only 4 minutes or so,but ofcourse Lex Luger was horrible to watch-in the ring and when he interfered,proving that he indeed is THE MOST USELESS piece of overpayed crap in this company. But a pretty good match nonetheless but the end result was none-too-pleasing for the crowd. Show also ends quite ackwardly with The Outsiders just plainly celebrating,no beatdowns or anything [WHICH IS Good in a manner though] ***1/2 for this one due to some solid in-ring action provided by most of the guys [other thaan Lex Luger]

FINAL RATING:***1/4 Once again the segment booking was good by WCW but the matches were average at their best. With two poor matches and a filler one can’t rate this card highly. But thanks to the DDP/Raven, Jericho/Chavo and the Main Event this card scraped away atleast some ratings. The Arn interview was awesome and the JJ Dillon swerve they are booking [Probably to fire Bischoff or something] is good but I don’t personally mark for Mr. Annoyance. Overall the show has a potential to be good the coming week,for Uncensored HARD SELL!! But this week’s was not upto the mark. RAW easily beats this stuff.

NITRO 5.48

RAW 5.63

1998 WARS Nitro 3 Raw 7

Guest UmpireAJS

Promo of the night!!!

[Arn Anderson comes out to the ring with some moderate cheers]

AA: Last September, I, Double A, the Enforcer Arn Anderson chose to retire from Professional Wrestling due to my broken vertebrates injury. [pause]

But since then, everything has gone horribly wrong in WCW. Firstly, thanks to my retirement, Ric Flair was left to choose Curt Hennig in a crucial Wargames match which we ended up losing thanks to Hennig himself. And Curt, I hope you’ve learnt your lesson because now you are the paying the price for it. But Ric then himself got involved with Bischoff and got suspended. Then Hogan continued to retain his World Title in the most outrageous manner possible, there was no-stopping nWo, until December 1997. [The crowd chants Sting]

On December 1997,The only man aside Ric Flair who could save WCW returned and he made Hogan pay the price at Starrcade. Hogan’s WCW career ended at Starrcade. You see, anybody who messes with WCW faces dire consequences in the long-run, Hennig is injured, Hogan is out, Syxx is gone, nWo Japan is out and basically every guy has been taken care of EXCEPT Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. [boos to them]

Now before I talk about Hall and Nash, I want to talk a bit about myself, you know when I retired, sat home and watched all this stuff I felt guilty,I really did. I told to myself that I am NOT THE MAN I used to be,I was running away from nWo because they were too tough for me.I was running away from the nWo because I knew that I COULDN’T BEAT THEM.I ran away from all my problems,I ran away from The Flock-just to think that running away would solve all my problems.But it was not to be. [Crowd cheers Arn]

Because,unlike Hogan or any other guys,I’M A MAN I’M A MAN’S MAN,I’m not a coward.I don’t care what condition I’m in but The Enforcer Can’t I mean HE CAN’T afford to run away from things.I realized that the only way to conquer your problems is to face them and fight them till the very end. Even if you lose, you will complement yourself by knowing that YES I’VE GIVEN THE BEST THAT I COULD GIVE but yet I failed,but when I ran-away,I DIDN’T GIVE THE BEST I COULD GIVE. If I did, then the nWo would’ve ended A LONG TIME AGO! Curt Hennig wouldn’t have ruined the Horsemen. Flair would be your World Champion, Benoit and Malenko would be in the thick of all the action and Hogan would be long gone.But thanks to me RUNNING AWAY instead of FACING THE PROBLEM, WCW is a wreck right now. Hall and Nash are doing anything they want to do. They’ve lured WCW superstars to work for them just to accomplish their own dirty deeds. They even ruined the life of a man who dedicated his LIFE TO WCW by BUYING OUT HIS BEST FRIEND. And I see in front of myself, everybody who goes up against them goes down. Hart, Sting, Piper all have failed.But they’ve not RUN AWAY LIKE ME! THEY’RE STILL FIGHTING for WHAT THEY BELIEVE is right and fighting against Hall and Nash. So I saw all this and thought, that if THEY CAN FIGHT Why Couldn’t ARN ANDERSON DO SO!!! I’VE BEEN A FIGHTER ALL MY LIFE AND JUST BECAUSE OF FOUR BROKEN VERTEBRATES THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ME TO NOT JOIN THEM. So I decided to come back,I came back to FIGHT,I came back to Face my problems,not to run-away from them. [Huge Arn chants now surround the building]

I came back and took care of The Flock, I showed Raven and Saturn how much of a man I am.Now I’ve got to take care of more unfinished business.Now since Kevin Nash is having a tough time to tackle Bret Hart-I had my sights set on our World Champion SCOTT HALL. Scott you are a great athelte but the way you became champion, IS NOT A WAY THAT ARN ANDERSON SEES FIT, and What I DO NOT SEE FIT IS THE THING I WILL PROTEST AGAINST TIME AND AGAIN. That is why I attacked you last week Scott Hall,I wanted to send you a message that I was watching you. And Scott, I’ll be coming back again and again after you,I will face you and I will fight you Hall. Now I know that fighting against you Scott Hall is a career-suicide for me right now, but Scott I DON’T CARE. I don’t care if I break my neck or if I cripple myself BUT I WILL FIGHT YOU SCOTT HALL. I’LL TEACH YOU THE LESSON THAT I SHOULD’VE TAUGHT YOU IN SEPTEMBER SCOTT HALL! AND I DON’T CARE HOW MUCH I HAVE TO SACRIFICE TO TEACH THE LESSON TO YOU HALL. EVEN IF I GO DOWN, I will know that I’ve not gone down because I ran away from you, I’VE GONE DOWN FIGHTING WITH MY VERY BEST. And I will NEVER RUN AWAY FROM YOU SCOTT HALL no matter how much you try to intimidate me, You can push me to any limits,you can organize Five-on-One matches, No DQ matches, BUT YOU CAN’T STOP ME SCOTT HALL. I’ll come after you and I’ll make an example out of you. ARN ANDERSON IS BACK AND IS STAYING UNTIL HE REACHES HIS GOAL NO MATTER HOW HARD ANYBODY TRIES. ARN ANDERSON IS NOT RUNNING AWAY FROM ANYBODY. IF ARN ANDERSON GOES DOWN, HE WILL DO SO BY FIGHTING TILL DEATH!! You seem to be very proud of your title Hall. So let me officially challenge you for the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE AT UNCENSORED so I can teach you a lesson with your pride involved in it. I MIGHT NOT SUCCEED SCOTT, BUT I WILL TRY I WILL NOT LET GO AT ANY MOMENT AND ANYTHING THAT YOU DO OR SO WILL NOT STOP ME FIGHTING AGAINST YOU AND FOR WHAT I THINK IS RIGHT AND GOOD FOR WCW. See you at Uncensored, Scott Hall. It’ll be a wild brawl and the enforcer will not go down without a fight.

[Arn Anderson drops the mike and heads to the back after an explosive Interview.]

Guest UmpireAJS

WCW THUNDER

1.Hype for CMLL and AJPW. We get to know that The Finals of the CMLL World Title Tourney and the World Tag Titles match for AJPW Are going to be held at Uncensored.

* World Title Match:Rayo de Jalsico vs El Hijo Del Santo vs Universo 2000

* World Tag Titles Match:Kenta Kobashi and Johnny Ace vs Akira Taue and Toshiaki Kawada

2.Eric Watts and Fit Finley def. Lenny and Norman Smiley

3.Goldberg def. Vincent

4.Ultimo Dragon def. Glacier with OUTSIDE HELP FROM KENTA KOBASHI!! Ultimo and Kobashi shake hands afterwards.

5.Psychosis def. Rey Mysterio with OUTSIDE HELP FROM EL HIJO DEL SANTO!! UNIVERSO 2000 RAN IN TO MAKE THE SAVE!!

Rating:2.14

SATURDAY NIGHT

1.Rey Mysterio def. Tom Zenk

2.Eric Watts def. Glacier

3.Buff Bagwella and Konnan def. Bobby Eaton and Stevie Ray, STAN LANE saves Eaton from a nWo beatdown!

4.Ultimo Dragon def. Prince Iaueka, when Johnny Ace interfered. Akira Taue took out Johnny Ace later on. Rayo de Jalsico took out Prince Iaueka.

RATING:2.06

Guest UmpireAJS

. Stan Lane has signed a WCW contract as seen in Saturday Night, he will mainly team-up with Bobby Eaton and Saturday Nights.

. The CMLL and AJPW will be showing their faces on WCW TV on the next week too on Thunder and Saturday Night to build up their matches at Uncensored.

. Tickets are Sold Out at the Staples Centre,LA the event of Uncensored.

. WCW plans to tour Europe in the Summer this year,with France,Germany and Italy in their list.

Guest UmpireAJS

420Wrestling.com Monday Nitro Short Recap

By Michael Killings

user posted image

Monday Nitro is LIVE from Acron Centre in Sacramento, CA

Sting and Arn Anderson vs The Outsiders Main Event Tonight, while it’s going to be Bret Hart vs Randy Savage and Lex Luger [Thank goodness], also JJ Dillon is going to be in the house.

Chris Benoit def. Ultimo Dragon in one hell of an opener and definitely a MOTY candidate. Looks like WCW have got back their Midas touch again. The match was hot not only in the mat, but really some AMAZING High Flying manuevers by Benoit really worked up the crowd and we forgot that he was a heavyweight. Awesome wrestling by Ultimo Dragon too and the crowd nearly exploded when Benoit and Ultimo Dragon reversed each others suplexes. A fine finish to the match with Benoit fighting out the sleeper and managing to get a Crossface in, leading to Dragon tap out. Too bad Benoit is not going to win WCW titles for a long time. ****1/2 for absolute cracker of the match and THE Hottest opener I’ve ever seen. And storyline-wise we have Raven attacking Chris Benoit and Juvi attacking Ultimo Dragon,but I don’t care as long I get screwy finishes in the main match.

Meanwhile The Flock runs and tries to ambush Benoit but DDP saves the day anyway. Then we lead to a DDP-Benoit confrontation, with Benoit and DDP eventually brawling and Benoit locking the crossface, while Raven is knocked out by an earlier trash can shot by DDP. Benoit stands tall for the moment, but it’s in your dreams at Uncensored. Great start to the night and the No-Cal crowd is really hot.

We are back and the Gang of Idiots [the nWo I mean] hits the ring for some incoherent mumblings. And the first match we get is Goldberg/Davey Boy and Rick Steiner against Konnan/Buff Bagwell and Scott Steiner in a SIX-MAN TAG match. Great, an awesome start to the show only to be ruined by some shitty wrestling, no wonder WCW lacks ratings in the middle segments. And Eric Bischoff is NOT scared of what JJ Dillon has to say to him. Meanwhile Kevin Nash points out that if WCW’s mystery man doesn’t show up at Uncensored, WCW will be forced to go 4 on 3, that is if Goldberg is still fit after tonight. The Fourth Wrestler better be good because this match as of currently it turning out to be a REAL crapfest.

Backstage, Vincent jumps on Goldberg and get’s DESTROYED! As if wrestling a DUD last week wasn’t good enough for WCW. While the Road Agents try to figure out what the hell is wrong with Vincent selling Goldberg SO SWIFTLY, JJ Dillon’s limo pulls up.

Goldberg, Rick Steiner and Davey Boy def. Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell and Konnan when Randy Savage “accidentally” hits Bagwell. After the HOT HOT Opener this was plain and simple YAWN FEST. The crowd agreed with me and chanted out BORING during various spots of the match. When you though Rick Steiner and Vincent were bad, just watch Rick Steiner and Konnan, THEY WERE HORRID. None of these guys showed any psychology or anything that could’ve saved the match, save and except Davey Boy Smith and Scott Steiner sharing some spots in-between. And after a good match streak by Goldberg, it seems that his bad match streak has just begun. Add to that a screwy ending really pissed the crowd off, Randy Savage apparently hitting Bagwell, who to me, just seemed to come straight in forward of Goldberg just for the sole purpose of selling the spot. Spear Jackhammer end of this PATHETIC Match. * Good for WCW since I’m still in awe after that AWESOME Opener.

Meanwhile, Chris Jericho visits Mortis and tells that he is in charge until James Vanderburg stumbles on him and says that Jericho better stick as Mortis says him to do or he will suffer tremendous EVL courtesy of Vanderburg. It’s a LUMBERJACK! MATCH, so the Whole Flock heads out with Jericho and Mortis against Dean Malenko and Booker T. Expect senseless slugfests all through, I guess that Benoit vs Ultimo was a one-time fluke.

Chris Jericho and Mortis def. Deano Machino and Booker T in a lumberjack tag match Lumberjacks were: Raven, Saturn, DDP, Lodi, Kidman, Vanderburg, Eric Watts, Disco, Alex Wright, Ernest Miller, Chris Benoit, Scotty Riggs and Marty Jannetty.

And I am pretty right about that one time fluke, since this match pretty match sucked. HECK EVEN Machino and Jericho slugged when they should be wrestling on the mat or flying everywhere, so you got the idea how terrible this thing was. Although for short periods of time, Booker T and Mortis slugged out and THAT was entertaining, but being a Lumberjack match, most of the action was held OUTSIDE the ring in forms of pointless little brawls. Oh well, better than the last match though. ** Finish came when Raven Evenflowed Booker to the steps and Saturn pushed him back. The crowd wasn’t sure which action to follow since the Lumberjacks brawled all the time. This allowed Mortis to get some revenge for Superbrawl VIII as he FLATTENED Booker T and got the pin. And as you can expect from any lumberjack match, a HUGE Clusterfuck Brawl follows.

We are back and we got all that mess cleared out, Scott Hall hits the ring for some interview time, until his proceedings gets interrupted by Arn Anderson. I don’t know what’s the point of running this angle with Hall. It doesn’t make him a credible champion by pitting him against a Semi-Retired Guy, and how do you expect people to buy a PPV with a Half-assed assembled Main Event? Okay, so Arn cuts another promo on Hall, which is NOTHING in, compared to the Emotional Promo [Promo of the year] he cut last week, and they eventually brawl. Vincent comes out to join the party but Arn Anderson fights both of them single handedly. Brainbuster on Vincent and a MASSIVE Powerbomb on Hall, Hall is almost unconcious and security takes Arn away before he can do any further damage, Damn you WCW, you ruined a good part of the Main Event. How the hell Nash and Sting are going to pull of a 20 Minute or something Main Event!

Randy Savage and Lex Luger come out first, and they diss Bret Hart until Hart comes out and get’s straight to business, but then Nash comes out but then the ENTIRE ROSTER comes out, and goes back to the locker-room faster when JJ Dillon orders straight from the jumbotron that following this match, he has an HUGE Announcement to make. Yuck.

Bret Hart def. Randy Savage and Lex Luger GOOD IDEA Not to let Luger wrestle for more than 2 minutes or so,otherwise this match would’ve been beyond a DUD-er point. So Bret Hart and Savage start out and put on some mildly entertaining Senior Citizens mat based wrestling, less number of slugfests is always good on my books as Bret almost forced Savage to wrestle him technically, not to a great effect anyway, so we go to an imminent Slugfest. But maintaining the WCW tradition, The ending came in a most screwy way possible with Luger somehow getting distracted by Sting on the jumbotron enabling Hart to get the Legsweep. 3 Count, Kept it short and thus earns ***

Savage and Hart leaves but LEX LUGER wants STING NOW!! Sting answers by plunging down from the rafters to obliterate Luger. The Entire Roster comes out again, but luckily we are saved from a clusterfuck brawl by JJ Dillon. He orders the entire roster to leave, except the nWo members Hall, Nash and Luger and WCW Members Sting, Bret Hart and Arn Anderson. Good news.

We are back and JJ Dillon is about to cut a SHOCKING PROMO!! Being the Chairman of the Board of Directors [And a source of a whole lot annoyance to the IWC] he feels that Eric Bischoff pretty much sucks as the President of WCW, so he decides to [The crowd actually says RETAIN HIM but since Tony screams FIRE HIM so hysterically that we don’t hear the crowd anyway.] ............. Give Eric another chance, now how many times we’ve heard that... BUT he decides that Eric is given WAAAAAAAY too much power [Not more than The Outsiders] and therefore his power needs to be cut, so he is introducing a NEW COMMISSIONER FOR MONDAY NITRO, we’ve heard that too, bet it’s going to be Zybysko, but the fans are chanting FLAIR, and our new commish is.... HOLY FUCK!!!!!! IT’S ROWDY FREAKIN’ RODDY PIPER!!!!!!!!!! DIDN’T HE RETIRE LIKE THREE WEEKS AGO!!!! [Honestly if you are going to bring back a guy as President, Vice President whatever why do you retire him anyway, crowd agrees with me as he doesn’t get a HUGE POP!! Anyone expects] Anyway Piper comes to the ring and Mr. Annoyance leaves much to my relief. Piper rambles about a bit until he comes to ONE SHOCKING ANNOUNCEMENT!! He has contacted the Fourth Man in Team WCW for Uncensored, and although he is not here tonight he will be there at Uncensored, and the fans are already begining to chant FLAIR....... AAAAAAAAAND OUR FOURTH MEMBER IS......... RIC FLAIR....... Not a swerve pulled out by any means, atleast not to IWC since they all knew that Flair and WCW has resolved their issues, but the marks at the arena are screaming, Bischoff looks Pissed off and Piper leaves by mocking Bischoff. The arena is blistering now..

It’s now time for our Main Event and FLAIR chants are still heard, ignoring the California hero STING!! That’s bad news.

The Outsiders def. Sting and Arn Anderson obviosly it seemed that their freakin’ CREATIVE CONTROL has something to do with the kind of lame finish but it was not stupid or screwy like they had the last month. Arn Anderson doesn’t look very good in the ring I have to say,and in comparison to Souled Out-he has severe ring rusts. Seriously, now that Flair is back I think they can send Arn down to The Power Plant or something, but the ring is NOT THE PLACE ANYMORE for the Enforcer. Your basic Outsiders Main Event action, with Hall and Sting still showing fantastic chemistry between them. Nash/Anderson moments dragged the match but thankfully, Sting or Hall replaced them quickly. All was going well, [and the people now begining to chant Sting and Flair in a tandem] until we have this: Kevin Nash and Sting in the ring, Sting puts on a submission hold, which Nash doesn’t sell to a great effect, and somehow manages to go to Hall and tag him in, and when Nash get’s up Sting falls down like he was a damn cruiserweight or something. Hall knocks Anderson off the apron, and CHARGES on Sting, with Sting selling everything that Hall throwed at him ending with The Outsiders Edge. End of story. This kills Sting creditibility big time prior to his match with Luger, I don’t know whether this is a good thing or not. But little boos for Sting is heard at the end of the match. Not a satisfying finish to an otherwise good match ***1/4 And we follow up with the usual WCW/nWo clusterfuck brawl [Finally starting after THREE ATTEMPTS!!] before any big PPV. We are out of here.

FINAL RATING:***1/2:Very good wrestling at the begining,followed by shit in the middle and okay wrestling at the end-so this was an average day in the for WCW.The promos really were pointless except that JJ Dillon one,BUT PIPER AS Commish,Goddamit,CAN'T ONE OF THE RETIREMENT CLAUSE WORK CORRECTLY.

But still nothing THAT much to complain about [ignoring The Outsiders] but still RAW beats this by miles.

NITRO:5.50

RAW:5.81

NITRO 3 RAW 8 in 1998

Guest UmpireAJS

Promo of the Night!!!

The SHOCKING!!? Announcement!

[The entire WCW roster is in the midst of a HUGE BRAWL until JJ Dillon's music hits the ring,the crowd doesn't boo him actually but they are not all cheers either.JJ Dillon steps into the ring and all the men in the ring looks confused,JJ asks for a mic and has a stern look on his face.]

JJ:Get out!Get out!Get the hell of the ring all of you at this instant Dammit!I am the Chairman of the board of directors of this company and I will nto tolerate any of this crap! Go, go [The people looks confused and JJ sucks chants begin].Come on go! Should I have to call the security dammit! [The guys take the hint and makes their way towards the exit.]

JJ:Okay,now the participants of the upcoming Main Event may choose to remain here.Also I have some words for Lex Luger and Bret Hart

[instantly,Hall,Nash,Anderson,Hart,Sting,Luger come back to the ring.]

JJ:Now before I begin,I want Eric Bishcoff out here,come on Eric we don't have all day.

[Eric's music hits the ring as he comes out looking extremely worried with the fans already chanting the Goodbye song,Eric takes the mike and tries to say something but Dillon cuts in.]

JJ:Shut up Eric!I know all your excuses,so I don't gave a damn about them.Now,we all know that you've been doing an awful job as President Lately.[Eric shrugs but JJ remains stern],No don't give me that look-YOU KNOW it as well as we do Eric.And you know what Eric,what I would've like to do to you Eric? I would've fired your ass. [FIRE HIM chants begin,Eric looks nervous].But the board of directors tell me that since you raised WCW from the ashes to the top,we should give you another chance,so as I may wish-I can't fire you Eric. [Eric gives a sigh of relief and the fans boo JJ.]

JJ:But the board of Directors had also said that your powers should be curbed,which means that as from now on You won't have the full controls of WCW.You will still be continuing booking for Thunder and Saturday Nights and the wrestler hirings and firings are upto you on those shows.But for Monday Nitro and for the PPV's you can only do what you are going to do WITH THE CONSULTATION of a New Monday Nitro Commissioner who is in the building tonight,starting from next week.In addition to that,any decision you make on Nitro or on PPV's can be OVERIDDEN by the Commissioner. [The fans begin chanting Flair, Eric looks nervous again.]And the New Commissioner [the Flair chants magnify] IS............

[bagpipers blast through the PA System and the entire arena groans, Eric Bischoff and the members of the nWo looks to be in absolute SHOCK!!!But Rowdy Roddy Piper comes out to the ringside and steps into the ring.JJ Dillon shakes his hands with Piper and leaves.The fans are chanting feebly for Piper.]

Piper:Thank you everyone,thank you JJ.Eric how are you doing? Looks like we're gonna be partners Eh!

[bischoff can only snarl]

Piper:Hey don't think that I like you for a moment,but you gotta realize,WCW is gonna fall down faster than even you could've done if we don't work together.So let's shake hands to a great partnership-shall we?

[bischoff progresses to shake but Piper spits on Bischoff,Crowd cheers on that and Bischoff's fuming.]

Piper:That was nothing business Eric,it was all damn personal. And you know what,this is just what you're gonna get if you try to mess with Nitro.This is JUST what you're gonna get if you mess with Rowdy Roddy Piper.Just remember this Eric Bischoff,if you want to cause trouble around here-The Troubleshooter Rowdy Roddy Piper will find you and make sure that what is going wrong goes right and he will make sure what causes the wrong get's his head smashed with a cocount!

[bischoff is thoroughly pissed.Nash and Hall make steps toward Piper]

Piper:Don't even think about it boys!Because if you do so,you are not going to make it to Uncensored,you will spending time in the cellar! Now to the important stuff.There is a little WCW vs nWo match at Uncensored with many things at stake with WCW short of one man.Well NOT ANY MORE,Because I have just contacted that fourth person and he will be there at Uncensored! [The Flair chants begin again],and as my first official act,I announce the Fourth Person for Team WCW is going to be none other than..........RIC FLAIR [and the fans explode, Bischoff throws a fit.Piper smirks]

Piper:That's all.Oh another little thing Eric,at Uncensored the Board of Directors has informed me that all the WCW vs nWo matches which are going to take place at Uncensored are going to take place without anybody's interference.If your little chaps from nWo or anybody from WCW decide to stick in their nose.They are going to be SUSPENEDED indefinitely and the Decision is going to be reversed! Take that! and have a nice day!

[The fans cheer again as Piper leaves the ring,Bischoff looks very pissed]

Guest UmpireAJS

WCW Thunder

Saturn and Kidman def. The Can-Am Connection,Midnight Express, Alex Wright and Ernest Miller when Kidman pinned Miller in a Fatal Fourway match with winners advancing to the Three way tag time titles match tonight.

Psychosis def. Chavo Guerrero Jr. by interference from El Hijo Del Santo, equalled later by Universo 2000

Randy Savage def. Rick Steiner

Goldberg and Davey Boy Smith def. Buff Bagwell and Konnan, Saturn and Kidman when Goldberg pinned Konnan to retain the WCW World Tag Team Titles

RATING:1.99

WCW SATURDAY NIGHT

Lex Luger def. Glacier

Goldberg def. Kidman

Dean Malenko def. Mortis

Disco Inferno and Alex Wright def. Chris Jericho and Eddie Guerrero, when Jericho left Eddie Guerrero alone in the middle of the match.

RATING:2.11

Guest UmpireAJS

. Starting from this Month,WCW is going to have a new PPV Recapper for their website in the form of long-time Internet Writer Eddie Chandler from http://www.chandllerspowv.com.Chandler is also going to write PPV Previews too with his own opinions.

. WCW is willing to let go Randy Savage once his contract expires round about July.Savage states that he has contacted the NWA Officials.

. Owen Hart's contract is running out late this year,WWF has shown no signs of interest of retaining him,but WCW are making every efforts to get them.

. The match at Uncensored is probably going to be the Last Match for Arn Anderson in WCW.He and Fit Finlay will be sent to The Power Plant to supervise on the developement talent.Anderson was brought back in the first place to gain Flair's trust-who will be back at Uncensored.

. Several WCW wrestlers may attend CMLL/AJPW shows in the coming months as part of their deal.While the wrestlers going will be mostly mid-carder talents,chances are that big names such as Ric Flair and Sting will be working in a few matches in Japan against AJPW Superstars while the Cruiserweight Division is delighted to have an opportunity to wrestle against the Mexican Highflyers.

Guest UmpireAJS

The Official WCW Uncensored Preview

user posted image

LIVE on PPV March 23rd,1998 from The Staples Centre in Los Angeles,CA

From WCW.COM and NWOWRESTLING.COM

By "The Viewpoint of Wrestling" Eddie Chandler

Hello and Welcome to my very first WCW PPV Preview Uncensored.As the Viewpoint of Wrestling I just not only give you the matches in plain but I analyze them with their backgrounds and the possible predictions with acute reasoning so YOU can get the most out of them.

Triple Threat Match for the CMLL World Title

Universo 2000 vs El Hijo Del Santo vs Rayo De Jalisco

BACKGROUND For the uninitiated in Lucha wrestling,these three are undoubtedly the Best Mexican Workers on the planet.And they are going to clash in the historic Triple Threat Finals for the first time ever in a World Title Tournament [owing to the Double Disqualification of the Semi-finals between El Hijo Del Santo and Universo 2000]in a WCW ring.

PREDICTIONThis is going to be a tough match to predict since all of them are nearly equal in terms of wrestling qualities.Expect a lot of Hard Hitting action as well as some superb high-flying techniques thay may put the WCW Cruiserweight Division to shame.But since El Hijo Del Santo is a man who will STOP and nothing to win the Title,I see him edging through,if he doesn't get on the bad side of the referee through his dirty but effective deeds.

AJPW World Tag Team Titles Match

Toshiki Kawada and Akira Taue vs Kenta Kobashi and Johnny Ace©

BACKGROUND:Undoubtedly two of the best teams of AJPW at the moment, this match will put and end to the long-going rivalry between these two teams which started from December last year when Taue and Kawada were really screwed out of the Tag Titles by Kobashi and Ace.Since then they've tried their hardest to redeem the titles,but the cunning Kobashi and Ace has always given them the slip.But now under the orders of the AJPW President Giant Bubba they have to defend their tag team titles in a No DQ Match.

PREDICTIONTaue and Kawada are really psyched up for this bout and they want to enact revenge in every way possible but the No DQ clause really gives the edge to the defending champions.

Dean Malenko and Disco Inferno vs. Mortis and Saturn

BACKGROUND:The battle between the Dancing Fools and The Flock has been going on from a long-time and now since the Horsemen are in the mix, The Flock definitely looks scared.But they will stop at nothing to get over Dean Malenko and Disco Inferno,who aren't exactly at the same page due to their different opinions about livelihood,but to defeat the cunning Flock they must put behind all that.

PREDICTION:Unless Malenko and Disco can work out very well in this match,I don't see them getting past the Monster Mortis and the Devious Saturn even with all their combined talents.

Cruiserweight Title Match

Ultimo Dragon vs Juventud Guerrera©

BACKGROUNDCertainly two of the best cruiserweights around with contrast stytles,this is going to be one tough encounter.Guerrera and Dragon are having problems ever since Guerrera won the title and Ultimo Dragon thinks that Juvi is holding something that is rightfully his.Ultimo may have the edge over his multiple ambushes on Juvi over the past few weeks but Juvi is one gritty mexican.

PREDICTION:Although Juvi has agility in his favour,Ultimo has some solid martial arts/puro technique in his disposal along with a sharp intellect which may help him to overcome Juvi Guerrera despite all his grit.

Triple Threat Television Title Match

Booker T© vs Chris Jericho vs Eddie Guerrero

BACKGROUND:Jericho and Eddie has their problems from the late February when Guerrero won a controversial #1 Contender match against Jericho.Jericho however repayed by costing Guerrero the TV title.Since then numberous altercations has ensued between these two,but they've got bigger headaches since Booker T,the Current Champion is involved in this match.

PREDICTION:With Jericho and Eddie brawling all through,Booker goes into this match with a slight advantage,yet I think Jericho's determination,strong mat skills and overall his ability to cheat flawlessly is going to see him through.

WCW vs nWo Survival Match

Goldberg,Davey Boy,Rick Steiner and Ric Flair vs Randy Savage,Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell and Konnan

BACKGROUND:To what is becoming an annual Uncensored event, WCW and nWo go head to head again with tempting stipulations for the winners. If WCW wins the careers of every nWo Superstar will be put on the line in Spring Stampede but if nWo wins,they get the title shots for every title WCW wrestlers hold and they also get one WCW member of their choosing to join the nWo.

PREDICTION:Definitely a hard match with so much to play for but I think the "Flair" factor is going to see WCW through.

Lex Luger vs Sting

BACKGROUND:Sting is pissed at Luger for costing him the World title at Superbrawl,and the former friends will stop at nothing to rip each other apart.

PREDICTION:Sting has vengeance in his mind but Luger has indomitable strength and nWo resourcefulness so Gotta go with Luger on this one.

Triple Threat United States Title Match

Diamond Dallas Page© vs Raven vs Chris Benoit

BACKGROUND:Raven and Benoit tried to settle their score at the Monday Nitro at Superbrawl with a shot at the US Title on the line but their rivalry became so intense that the match ended up in a no-contest.DDP also made it clear that neither Raven nor Benoit were the man he wanted to be his best friend.And thus a vicious Three-way rivalry has emerged for the US Title.

PREDICTION:With Benoit's crisp wrestling,Ravens cunning wrestling and DDP's no-nonsense brawling it's hard to pick a winner but considering Raven and Benoit's ongoing issues I will have to give the vote to DDP on this one.

World Heavyweight Title Match

Scott Hall© vs Arn Anderson

BACKGROUND:Arn Anderson came back to WCW to face his enemies and to fight them and Scott Hall is next in the line.Over the past few weeks,Anderson has got the upper hand on Hall but surely Hall has something in his bag to shock the determined Anderson.

PREDICTION:Hard fought brawl all about fight and respect.Although Arn will give a good fight I doubt whether he can stand a good chance of winning against the cunning Scott Hall.

Uncensored Rules

Bret Hart vs Kevin Nash

BACKGROUND:With their rivalry dating back to their WWF days,and Bret being involved in the Washington screwjob,this one will be one bloody affair.

PREDICTION:Kevin Nash is bad with weapons but Bret Hart has shown that he too can act ruthless when the situation calls for it and I think the Hitman has something in his mind to surprise Nash.

So that's about it all.Happy viewing,I'll be back with the full PPV report.

-Eddie

Edited by UmpireAJS

Guest UmpireAJS

WCW Uncensored Results

user posted image

LIVE on PPV From The Staples Centre in Los Angeles,CA

Reports for WCW.COM and NWOWRESTLING.COM by Eddie Chandler

Hello and Welcome to the Uncensored Report.The outcomes of the night left all of us in shocks,but lets start from the very begining.

CMLL World Title Triple Threat Match

Universo 2000 vs El Hijo Del Santo vs Rayo De Jalsico

I was quite surprised to see the fans reacting well to the relatively unknown Mexicans and really this was the same reaction that all the matches got from the all-night long Sold-out Rowdy crowd.Universo and Del Santo kicked of the action by strong grapples and stiff punches but it was the third man,Jalsico who took advantage by curbing both men down with awesome high-flying manuevers.The early part of the match comprised of Jalsico taking it out on Universo 2000 and Del Santo,but in the middle Universo launched a comeback as he and his bitter rival Del Santo seemingly worked together to keep down Jalsico.This was really a hard-hitting bout rather than a high-flying one we expected from the Mexicans but the crowd loved it too.Punches were exchanged by all men in the middle sector and no men really got a clear advantage.But Del Santo desperate in the closing stages took the law in his own hands as he knocked out the referee.However his cheating attempts were foiled by both of his opponents and Del Santo was eventually knocked out.After a hard fought battle,Jalsico and Universo were both down on the ring and it looked like Del Santo would steal a one but Jalsico interrupted in the correct moments.After several near pinfalls involving all the superstars,it was the cunning Del Santo who got the victory by getting some leverage from the ropes and pinning Universo while Jalsico was knocked out by a powerful submission move earlier on.Del Santo was the World Champion and he didn't waste any time getting the hell out of the arena in-case his opponents came to hunt him down.

WINNER and NEW CMLL World Champion:El Hijo Del Santo by pinfall on Universo 2000 at 15:33

We are shown footages of foiled attempts by Kobashi and Johnny Ace to take out Taue earlier tonight thanks to WCW Officials.AJPW President Giant Bubba ordered the officials to isolate Kobashi and Ace until the begining of the match,so we had a match in our hands.

AJPW World Tag Team Titles

Kenta Kobashi and Johnny Ace© vs Toshiki Kawada and Akira Taue

This match was very odd in comparison to the Traditional AJPW matches as the tag teams went on to settle their feud by heavy out-of-the-ring action.Even though this was not a Street Fight but the ref. had little to do when these guys took it Outside.The match started out with the champions on immediate offense as they isolated Taue from his partner.Big suplexes,crisp submission moves and hard-hitting shots nearly decapitated Taue until he got his big break and somehow managed to tag in Kawada.Kawada gave the champions a taste of their own medicines and the fight shifted to Outside.Both teams fought tooth and nail.At one moment Kawada gained the advantage by slamming Ace to the steel steps but the next moment he was whipped to the gurdails by Kobashi.All the four men were busted open as none of the teams got better of the other in the middle stage.The champions dominated the closing stage but begining from a desperate tag by Taue to Kawada,it was all challengers in the rings as they kept themselves afresh and took out the champions one at a time.The challengers got a deserving victory and a sweet revenge to become the new tag team champions as Kawada reversed an Ace Crusher to pin Johnny Ace.

WINNER and NEW AJPW World Tag Team Champions:Toshiki Kawada and Akira

Taue by Kawada pinning Ace at 17:33

After the two hot International Matches the WCW action proper was ready to begin as the fans were preparing for another wild match from the Cruiserweight division.

WCW Cruiserweight Title Match

Juventud Guerrera © vs Ultimo Dragon

It was a clash of styles,clash of mentalities and a battle between the resiluant Champion and the Cunning Challenger,both men did everything in their power to get the title belt and fought until they could move no more.The champion was going as Underdog in this match,but surprisingly it was he who was in control at the begining as Ultimo Dragon found no answers for Juvis lightning fast ranas and moonsaults.However Juvi took himself probably too far as he missed a high risk 450 Splash on the Dragon and the Cunning Japaneese didn't gave second thought to capitalize on this opportunity.He instantly lorded over Juvi with his stiff punches and kicks to the midsection as his superb Martial Arts techniques left Juvi reeling. But the Mexican's resiluency didn't let Ultimo take the victory without a fight as Juvi came back and eventually got the upper-hand.It was very hard to decide who was going to win since even in the latter stages the momentum swung almost as fast as Juvi's lightning fast moves but the gritty champion held on to his advantage despite the cunning tactics employed by his Japaneese adversary and executing a superb Juvi driver Juvi retained his championship.You can bet this rivalry isn't over yet since Ultimo Dragon looked none-too happy after the match.

WINNER and STILL Cruiserweight Champion:Juventud Guerrera by pinfall at 15:03

The fans erupted as we cut to backstage to see Ric Flair step out of a just arrived limousine,it was good to see the Naitch back in WCW.Scott Hudson caught up with Flair and Flair promised the nWo a hard night at Uncensored before making his way to the 4 Horsemen Lockerroom.He shared some words of wisdom with Malenko who headed out to find his partner for the upcoming match,Disco Inferno.

Dean Malenko and Disco Inferno vs. Mortis and Saturn

It was always going to be hard for Malenko and Inferno to co-ordinate against the devious Flock members Mortis and Saturn because when you deal with any member of the Flock,you deal with the Flock itself.On top of that Malenko and Disco never found each other on the same page.They lacked co-ordination from the very begining as the Flock members isolated the weaker member Disco and assaulted him almost to a pulp.However overconfidence was the bane for the Flock as Disco finally got his way back to the match and tagged in his more experienced teammate.Malenko however by virtue of his cold and crisp wrestling dominated the cunning Saturn and the monster Mortis and he maintained a clear advantage no matter what the outside members of the Flock tried to do.Eventually the outside members were sent-off by the referee but Mortis and Saturn seemed to have regained their focus,regained the upper-hand over Malenko.Even though Disco and Malenko kept each others fresh,Mortis and Saturn continued to pull outstanding manuevers on their opponents.Malenko was in further trouble when Mortis took out Disco outside the ring by means of the huge Steel Steps.With Disco suffering a huge concussion,he was unable to continue.Malenko was given the option to go one-on-one with any member but like a True Horsemen he continued to battle both the Flock Members by himself.It was a gallant effort but the numbers and the stealth of the Flock were too much for him.Saturn eventually pinned Malenko after executing a vicious Death Valley Driver.But were Saturn and Mortis on the same page?Even after this victory,Mortis pointed out that if isn't was for the selfishness of Saturn he could've got the victory over Malenko earlier.This almost led to a huge brawl but was broken up by James Vanderburg who seemed frustrated with these two,who though were Flock members but clearly didn't seem to be friends.

WINNERS:Mortis and Saturn via Saturn pinnning Malenko at 13:20

Bret Hart arrived in the building and he met with Chris Jericho.Hart was trying to be nice with Jericho but the arrogant Jericho who was on his way to the ring disrespected Hart and a brawl almost ensued but it was broken by the officials. Bret Hart came face to face with his opponent Kevin Nash soon after but they just went opposite ways instead of fighting.

Triple Threat Television Title Match

Booker T© vs Chris Jericho vs Eddie Guerrero

In one of the most versatile matches of the night,we saw crisp techniques, awesome high-flying moves and some good old-school brawling. Guerrero and Jericho went after each other even before the bell rang but Booker T took control of the situation by taking down both of them with his big boot.However it was the unlikely contender Eddie Guerrero who got the advantage over his bigger and techincally sound opponents by great high-flying wrestling,once knocking down both Jericho and Booker T with simaltaneous head-scissors.But Booker T used his size to get back into the match as he made both Jericho and Eddie writhe in pain after some stiff shots.However Booker wasn't able to capitalize as Jericho and Eddie worked to a tremendous double-team to throw Booker off the ropes and the old Chris Jericho and Eddie Guerrero brawl ensued.With neither men getting the advantage over each other,Big Booker T was the one to take charge again but this time Jericho seemed to have found both the speed and technique on his favour. The later part of the match mostly saw Booker T vs Chris Jericho action but Guerrero wasn't contended to give up yet.He came back and almost got the victory twice but his opponents kicked out at the last moment.However Eddie's high flying style brought his end as he missed a Frog Splash and injured himself. It was a Booker T and Jericho showdown to the end as Jericho locked in the Liontamer on Booker T, Booker T tapped out and Jericho won the title! However Jericho's celebrations were cut short by referee Charles Robinson who pointed out to referee Mickey Jay that Jericho gained some leverage from the ropes! and hence the decision was reversed! Jericho was furious at this as he refused to give up the title and we saw a huge Booker T and Jericho brawl that went over the railings to the back as the title was left in the ring!

WINNER and STILL Champion:Booker T by reversal of decision at 19:33

Backstage,Lex Luger received an annonymous gift from a friend which turned out to be Baseball Bat.Luger really freaked out and it looked like Sting gained the upperhand even before the match by successfuly playing mind games with Luger.

Lex Luger vs Sting

However Luger recovered soon and headed out to the ring to call out Sting.Although Sting's music hit the PA Systems,there was no sign of Sting until he decided to gate crash on Luger from the rafters.The referee was unable to control the two and officials had to come out and seperate the two before the match could begin.This bout was all about revenge and retribution and Luger and Sting cared less that whether this match was a normal bout or not.Weapons were used by both the men indiscriminately on each other. Sting although got the early advantage but Lex Luger was the one who recovered from the initial shock and took control in the middle stage. The crowd really tore upon Luger as his hard hitting shots and grapples hurted Sting. But Sting, being the unpredictable character he is came back by fighting out of a move that is feared by the most,The Torture Rack. From the on there was no stopping Sting as he enacted revenge on Lex Luger in every way possible.Luger got busted open by multiple shots from the steel chair and the baseball bat but Sting still continued to hit on Luger like a man possessed. But things weren't over yet for Lex Luger as he fought out of the incredibly painful Scorpion Deathlock and regained his advantage.This time Sting was on the receiving end of some vicious weapon attack.But Sting didn't go down.He took a hit and came back for more and this frustrated Lex Luger and he started to mistime his offense. Sting countered two atomic drops in a row and then blocked a forearm. Sting and Lex Luger then came fighting to one of the most devastating positions of them all,near the Soundstage. Meanwhile as the referee failed to take control of this match,WCW Nitro Commissioner Piper came out and ordered the match to be a Street Fight.That was all the inspiration Luger and Sting needed as they never got back into the ring. Sting came perilously close to falling of the stage but it was Lex Luger who suffered that fate owing to a massive Scorpion Deathdrop. Sting then did the unthinkable by launching himself from the ramp to the bottom of the stage and delivered a severe Legdrop to Luger. Both men were knocked out but Sting eventually recovered to take the victory, with blood flowing everywhere.

WINNER:Sting by pinfall at 19:34

As both men were being taken to the hospital,WCW and nWo members came out from opposite ends in a matchup of high stakes.

WCW vs nWo Survival Match

Ric Flair,Rick Steiner,Davey Boy and Goldberg vs Randy Savage,Scott Steiner,Buff Bagwell and Konnan.

With so many things at stake,Davey Boy and Konnan decided to start out,but the action soon spread to their team-mates in a matter of minutes.Goldberg showed his dominance when he eliminated Buff Bagwell and Konnan with an interval of seconds.But soon after that owing to a strange decision by Nick Patrick,Goldberg was apparently DQ'ed for knocking out Savage with a shot to the abdomen. While Team WCW was confused by all this, Scott Steiner ensued his dominance in the Steiner family by pinning Rick Steiner. The match looked quite settled now as two members were left from each side.WCW took the early advantage when Savage and Steiner found no answer for the crisp wrestling of Davey Boy and Ric Flair. But eventually Savage and Steiner powered their way back to the match. After a truckload of near-falls,Savage finally hit the jackpot when he eliminated Davey Boy by pinfall. Now it was the greatest test for the Nature Boy as he was all alone against two very devious and powerful nWo members.But with the crowd firmly behind him Nature Boy got the best of the situation and used all his resources to ensue that he will take one opponent at a time,showing the nWo why he is the dirtiest player of the game. Flair's tactics worked perfectly as he went on to eliminate Scott Steiner.Now the two old time foes were standing in the ring for the decisive Final Fall. Flair was clearly tired due to the two-on-one situation he faced and Savage got the immediate upperhand on him but the Nature Boy didn't give up.He came back by using his trademark chops and just when it looked like Flair would get the victory, Savage came back with a Face Buster followed up with an Elbow Drop,but it didn't keep the Nature Boy down.They fought tooth and nail with each kicking out of their respective finishers. Savage did the unthinkable by not only escaping the Figure Four but also putting Flair to a reverse Figure Four. Both men are running out of their strengths fast but in Flair's case it was worst as he took a chairshot from Savage when Nick Patrick was conveniently "knocked out". Despite all his attempts the Nature Boy couldn't kick out from a Lightning Fast count by Nick Patrick. Team nWo won the match as the announcers wondered who would be the next member to join nWo. We would find the answer later in the night,in a quite shocking manner.

WINNER:nWo when Savage pinned Flair to become the Sole Survivor for nWo at 24:59

Ric Flair then walked out of the ring admist a huge oviation, he went to the Horsemen Lockeroom and wished Arn Anderson good luck for his match later tonight. Arn swore to Flair that like Flair did,he will also fight Hall until he ceases to breathe.Flair backs Anderson and tells him to go do what he couldn't and bring glory for the Horsemen.Benoit comes out from a room in their lockeroom and Flair tells him that Benoit will bring them US title glory and the end of tonight Horsemen will be standing tall.They all pat Benoit on his back as Benoit leaves for the US Title match UP NEXT!

Triple Threat Match for the United States Title

Chris Benoit vs Diamond Dallas Page© vs Raven

This was possibly one of the most bizzare matches in WCW history with weapons being used in their fullest potential ranging from Steel Chairs to Kitchen sinks leaving all the three men bloody. To the surprise of many Benoit and Raven targeted DDP from the very begining and worked well together against DDP.In an occassion DDP was German Suplexed by Benoit and found a steel chair in waiting courtesy of Raven.But ofcourse once DDP was knocked out it was all Benoit and Raven.The more Benoit tried to battle Raven with suplexes and holds Raven tried to find a way out of the ring to the potential weapon source [under the ring]. Ultimately Raven overpowered Benoit and Evenflowed Benoit to the mat and went down to get a HUGE stop sign! The referee tried to take it away but suffered it's first blow from Raven. However before Raven could use it on Benoit,DDP was back-up and it was DDP who hit the stop-sign on Raven. Raven responded by hitting DDP straight into the face with brass-knucks and a huge brawl followed between DDP and Raven with both men reversing their finishers.

At this point of time Benoit joined the action and seperated DDP and Raven.But this time it was DDP and Raven teaming up to take out Benoit as Benoit found himself crushed by a Diamond Cutter to the STOP Sign.DDP however got the taste of an Evenflow but managed to kick-out.Raven decided to bring in more weapons as he rummaged the pile of weapons to find himself a pair of crutches. Referee again tries to stop but gets knocked out. Raven knocks both his opponents with the crutch but Benoit grabs one for himself and he knocks out Raven. DDP recovers and now they team up to attack Raven with the cruches. When Raven is out,Benoit and DDP brawl again with Benoit clearly on the top. Benoit delivers a Triple-German Suplex and goes upto the top-rope but misses the Headbutt.Raven recovers meanwhile and sets up a table. Raven picks up DDP and attempts to drive him through the table,but DDP gets in control and Diamond Cutters Raven through the table. When he gets up, Benoit dropkicks him and powerbombs him through the table. Bodies are lying everywhere until Raven and Benoit get to their feet and go into the ring.They brawl for a while and Benoit locks in the crossface! DDP recovers and he locks in a sleeperhold on Benoit! Benoit lets go,but grabs the ropes to allow the referee to break the hold. DDP goes for the Diamond Cutter but Benoit shoves him off and the referee goes down again.Facebuster by Benoit and he goes out to the top rope but this time Raven pulls DDP out of the way! Raven takes a kitchen sink from the array of weapons and smashes DDP on the back with it.He goes back to find a trash can but Dean Malenko comes out and takes the can away from Raven and smashes it onto Raven's head.DDP and the referee regain conciousness at the same time.DDP crawls to the cover and Benoit wakes up but he is too late.DDP has retained the US Title with blood flowing everywhere. Benoit and DDP stares down and shakes hands.Raven meanwhile sneaks up and delivers Two Evenflows to his opponents and smashes the US Title over DDP's face before leaving the ring.

WINNER and STILL Champion:Diamond Dallas Page via pinfall on Raven at 23:32

Backstage,Raven is furious as he starts to break stuff around and even the Flock can't control him.Saturn and Mortis starts arguing meanwhile and Raven whacks both of them with the Steel Chair!

World Heavyweight Title

Scott Hall© vs Arn Anderson

In a match all about fighting and respect,Arn Anderson did exactly what he told,that is to fight until he couldn't go anymore-but little did he knew that his end would come in such a shocking manner.Big man Scott Hall assumed control from the very begining knocking Anderson around like somekind of plaything,but the Enforcer wouldn't give up and he hit back on Hall when he was taking it easy. Wild punches by Anderson made Hall change his mind about giving an Outsiders Edge to Anderson. Anderson was in control from then on as he constantly attacked Hall at every opportunity.Hall however used his size and strength to power back.He responded to a Suplex by hitting three Fallaway slams and countered a Brainbuster with a devastating Powerbomb.Several near-falls were scored by Hall at this stage of the match,but Arn Anderson refused to give up. Hall became increasingly frustrated and this was Andersons golden moment to strike back at the match. Anderson fought back with tremendous dexterity and the big man was caught completely off-guard, nearly avoiding pinfall twice. To aid Hall in this situation,disregarding Piper's rules nWo referee Nick Patrick came out to aid Hall.And with the help of Patrick,Hall slowly regained control of the match.A few attempts of comeback by Arn Anderson went futile and it looked all over for the Enforcer when Hall planted him to the mat with a devastating Outsiders Edege.Victory was just seconds away from Hall until The Music of Ric Flair hits the PA System and out came the Nature Boy to huge oviations. The defeated Ric Flair came into the ring with a vengeance towards the nWo and he knocked out Hall and Patrick with two shots.The crowd was going mad for Flair and he decided to check on his friend Arn Anderson. What happened next was the moment which shocked the world and I find it still shocking to write, With Anderson back on his feet,Flair decided to check on Arns conditions and Arn was thanking his friend for helping him out and then came the real shock. FLAIR SUCKER-PUNCHED ARN ANDERSON TO THE GROUND!!! THE WHOLE CROWD WENT CRAZY OVER FLAIR AS HE CONTINUED TO POUND ON ARN ANDERSON!!! THE CROWD STARTED TO THROW IN LITTERS WHEN FLAIR UNBUTTONED HIS SHIRT TO REVEAL A nWo T-SHIRT UNDER IT!!! With the crowd booing Flair to hell and me the announcers were at a loss regarding Flair's actions, Scott Hall recovered and he set-up a table in the ring.As the crowd booed and the announcers begged for mercy,Scott Hall drove Arn Andersons body through the table with a devastating Outsiders Edge! Anderson screamed in pain as the impact was on the same verterbrates which he hurt late in last year. Scott Hall covered Arn Anderson and retained the World Heavyweight Title with ease. I ask the same question as the announcers and the fans, WHY RIC WHY? Perhaps we will get some answers on Nitro.

WINNER and STILL Champion:Scott Hall via pinfall at 16:09

Although the audience was still in shock about Ric Flair's action to his best friend,we still had our Main Event to go-The Final Chapter between the Great Rivalry of Bret Hart and Kevin Nash which has spawned from their WWF days.These two men would meet in an Uncensored Rules match.

Arn Anderson is shown being taken to the hospital.The announcers mention that Arn may never be able to walk properly again,let alone wrestle in WCW.

Main Event:Uncensored Rules

Bret Hart vs Kevin Nash

Of all the bloody and brutal matches at Uncensored,this was undoubtedly the most brutal and bloody with nearly 40 minutes of pure mayhem and unlike most of the matches,this was all legal.But really to settle a long-term rivalry like this-this was perhaps the only choice left for WCW President Eric Bischoff and WCW Monday Nitro Commissioner Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Kevin Nash couldn't even make his entrance properly as Bret Hart jumped on him as soon as he appeared on the entrance-ramp,and the match begun Outside the ring for the first time in recent years.When the action shifted to ring,Bret Hart was able to carry his early momentum and upstaged the big man several times by perfectly executed DDT's and Bodyslams.The Sharpshooter was executed in record time but Nash quite easily broke that.However Bret Hart pushed his luck too far when he attempted a Russian Legsweep and Nash retaliated by clotheslining Bret Hart.Taking advantage of the Uncensored rules stipulation pretty early Kevin Nash brings in a steel chair and smashes it on to Hart's spine. From thereon till the next 5 or 6 minutes it was All Kevin Nash as he slammed Hart at every opportunity possible. However Hart came back to the match when Nash was too slow to hit a chair to the head and Hart capitalized.Bret Hart took control and went wild with the steel chair hitting it on Nash's legs repeatedly. Bret Hart then took the match to a bloodbath as he proceeded to hit Nash with trash cans, stop signs and steel chairs. However Nash would show his power and eventually comeback to the match by some heavy punches on Hart,but Hart wouldn't give up so easily as he retaliated with takedowns. Hart and Nash brawled for a few minutes with neither gained the advantages but it was Nash who got the upperhand by Big Booting Hart. Nash went out and set out a table and brutally Jacknifed Hart to it and yet Hart kicked out! From thereon Action was pretty much remained Outside the ring as Nash battered Hart to bust Hart open but Hart would eventually comeback through a headlock and smashing Nash's face to steel steps causing Nash to bust open. Bret Hart and Nash wrestled one of the most unorthodox matches in recent history Outside the ring as Hart vertical suplexed Nash to the concrete and Nash bodydropped Nash to the railing. Action would then return to the ring for a short while as Hart tried to subdue Nash with submission moves but the big man was too strong for that. The action went outside the ring again but Hart regained control as he hit two Atomic Drops on Nash followed by a legsweep. This followed the interference of the newest nWo member Ric Flair [with huge boos from the crowd]and Hart and Flair wrestled for the next few moments giving Nash ample time to recover.Flair was eventually sent to the back by security but Nash got the break he needed as he regained his advantage over Hart. However Hart wasn't ready to give up as he fought out of a Jacknife and whipped Nash straight to an Uncensored Sign on the ramp! Nash would then proceed to ram Hart's head to the entrance stage set-ups and eventually the fight went to the back. Hart and Nash were more or less equally matched in their brawl upto the parking lot but Hart got an advantage over Nash in the lot and eventually planted his head with a DDT to a car.Hart would then do the unthinkable as he drove that car full speed back to the ring as Nash struggled to recover on the hood of the car. But When Bret Hart went out of the car,it was Nash who capitalized and he backbreakered Hart to the hood of the car. Nash then took Hart to the ring but Hart recovered to give a desperate takedown as both men were down. Nash was the first to recover but Hart kicked out on several fall attempts. Nash then tried his luck with weapons as he opened a fire extinguisher straight to Hart's face. Hart was down but still he managed to kick-out. When Hart recovered an evenly matched brawl followed until Harts failure to capitalize on Nash's error on hitting a big-boot costed Hart big-time as the big-man went on the plunder Hart with three huge vertical suplexes.Action moved to the out of the ring again as Nash tried to throw Hart off the stage but Hart fought to the Jackhammer and eventually both men were lying on the ramp.When both recovered it was Nick Patrick's turn to interfere but Hart disposed off him quickly,Nash went for a sidewalk slam but Bret Hart stomped on Hart and got his momentum.He then went on to execute his well-known Five Moves of Doom but Nash was able to power out of the Sharpshooter. However Nash failed to capitalize as Hart would takedown Nash again with a DDT.With a Devastating Russian Legsweep over a table,Hart crawled to make the cover and Nash wasn't strong enough this time to resist. Bret Hart won the final battle against Kevin Nash.Bret celebrated with the fans as Kevin Nash lay motionless outside the ring. Uncensored faded to black as Hart continued to celebrate his victory.

WINNER:Bret Hart by pinfall at 37:22

So that wraps up my coverage of the awesome Uncensored PPV.I will be seeing you at Spring Stampede which I'm sure will be more Awesome. Until then goodbye.

-Eddie

Edited by UmpireAJS

• 4 weeks later...
Guest UmpireAJS

Sorry for such a big delay,I am entering this on the Diary Survivor Contest. Now I am not entirely sure on the rules,but I don't think I can use stock shows. So what I do will first go to the Diary Survivor Thread and then here. So the Nitros will take a little time posting. Meanwhile I will give more weekly news and stuff, add previews to shows and make Thunder/Saturday Night a bit more detailed.

420Wrestling.com Monday Nitro Re-Cap [03-23-1998]

user posted image

RANT By Michael Killings

PROMOS By David Roberts

LIVE From Staples Centre,Los Angeles

We start off with Ric Flair’s music as the crowd showers him with boos as we are shown clips of his turn against Anderson again and again [Good riddance,that guy sucked on his return]as he does his little Naitch dance! [And no WOOOS from the crowd. You Californians really suck.] before he takes the stick, over to you Dave.

WOOOH!

Ric Flair: Wooh! The Nature Boy is back!

[The crowd answers him with boos.]

Ric Flair: This is what is wrong with the industry. When I was gone,you cheered for me. You supported me.You chanted WE WANT FLAIR [We DO NOT WANT Flair chant begins] all over the country and now when I finally come back, to the TOP of the Space Mountain.. WOOO... This is the reception you give me? [The crowd chants FLAIR SUCKS]

Ric Flair: Oh! I get it, I get it [YOU SCREWED ARN chant begins] you are disappointed because I screwed your hero Arn Anderson and joined the nWo. But you see The Four Horsemen were going no-where without the Nature Boy. I trusted Arn Anderson and how does he repay me? By fleeing off the battle field,by not taking it to the nWo and by acting in the most Un-Horsemanly way as possible. While Benoit and Malenko got kileld against the nWo he just sat home. While I was fighting for my life against that clown Eric Bischoff- he DID nothing. And when he saw that Hogan was gone, when he saw that his path was clear, that miserable Anderson came back and showered you with his long drawn speeches, but WHAT HAD HE DONE! HE DID NOTHING! THE NWO WAS STILL RULING THE ROOST and THE HORSEMEN STILL SUCKED BIG TIME! While I was fighting, The entire WCW and nWo were fighting, he was just sitting there, talking tall and counting his dough. He might have forgot that I was still the Leader of the Horsemen. So when I decided to come back, I decided to teach him a lesson. And Arn, I think you learned your lesson, you now known what happens when you mess with the NAITCHA BOY!! WOOO!! [The crowd replies with boos again.]

Ric Flair: Now many of you has been asking me, WHY RIC WHY? Why Have you joined the nWo. Well I’m going to tell you why. You ask Lex Luger, You ask Scott Steiner, You ask Randy Savage, Heck You Ask Curt Hennig why he joined the nWo and you will get the same answer as you would get by asking me. The nWo is the future, WCW is just a failed project. No matter how much JJ Dillon raves about or Piper scampers about, WCW is DEAD! And I’m Naitcha Boy! I’m the Man and I leave on top of the space mountain. Until 1996, WCW was the space mountain. But now it has sunk straight to Challenger Deep and there is a new mountain in place, a new space mountain-The Mountain of the nWo. And when Kev, Scott Hall asked me “Ric, now we havn’t got Hulk Hogan,we need a new king for the Mountain.” I just couldn’t refuse- because no matter what the punks still fighting for WCW think, I am Still The King of The Roost and what better Roost to rule than the biggest itself.. The En- Dubya – Oh! WOOOOOOOO! [The crowd boos yet again.]

Ric Flair: Now I am a man who recognizes talent, so I’m gonna tell something to two individuals whom I consider very special. Two individuals who were held down by that scum Anderson, two individuals who have that potential to be just like the KISS STEALIN’ WHEELIN’ DEALIN’ JET FLYING’ LIMOUSINE RIDIN’ WOOOOOOOOOHING NAITCHA BOY RIC FLAIR! I’m talk about Chris BEN-WAH! And Dean MAL-ENKO! Now guys I know you are very upset about what happened to Arn, but if you think clearly- You will see that Arn Anderson did you no good. The nWo is your future, Ric Flair is your future, so I’m gonna tell you guys this... JOIN ME, JOIN THE NWO, BE PART OF THE BETTER FUTURE or you may repent for not doing so and getting stuck with WCW with all those snobbish “loyalty” things. Because make no mistake WCW WILL GO DOWN, AND BEN-WAH, DEAN, YOU WILL BE A PART OF IT IF YOU DON’T ACT NOW. So what do you say guys.... [Flair pauses, The Crowd chants NO CHRIS NO and NO DEAN NO]... I’m Waiting, I don’t have all night,,..

[The Call of the Crow is heard AND THE ARENA ERUPTS AS STING’S MUSIC HITS THE RING. Flair looks scared and taken aback. When Sting actually shows up on the ramp, The crowd just goes berkserk and Flair starts jumping like a mad man. Sting, together with his trusty baseball bat, slowly makes his way to the ring. Flair is transfixed and his eyes are those of a dead man.The crowd goes wild with STING chants]

Flair: WHAT THE HELL.. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE... I DON’T WANT YOU HERE [sting points the baseball bat]... HEY HEY I’M WARNIN-

[sting gets close and snatches the mike away with cheers, Flair tries to bail out but stops when Sting advances towards him.It’s look like Sting is ready to talk.]

Sting: You sold yourself out, Ric. [The Crowd begins YOU SOLD OUT chants for Flair, Flair still looks scared]. You are not fooling anyone. Tonight, It’s You [Points the baseball bat], It’s Me, It’s the Main Event [The crowd goes berkserk and Flair jumps wildly again], IT’S SHOWTIME!! [sting drops the mice and points the bat to Flair again before he leaves. The crowd is all charged up as Flair screams for security. Sting stops in the ring and stares at Flair again as we go to commercials.]

We are back and Flair is still going crazy over Sting with the nWo. Eric Bischoff assures him that nothing will go wrong. Flair says that he doesn’t believe in Bischoff, so he will get his own protection for the night. Flair goes to the Four Horsemen Locker Room as we head back to the ring.

World Tag Team Titles Match

Perry Saturn and Mortis vs Goldberg and Davey Boy Smith ©

Well What do YA expect from these four guys? Well I’m still charged up by that awesome promo. Sting vs Flair is gonna be good. WOOPS! We have a match going on here. Sorry, but anyway Goldberg and Mortis start and Goldberg is making Mortis look like the most unmonsterish monster around. The crowd still chants for Sting anyway. Mortis tries to sell some weak shots to the midsection and “falls” down thanks to a MASSIVE CHOP. The crowd actually boos on this pointer. Davey Boy comes in and immediately goes techno-happy on Mortis as Mortis finally regains his monstrosity and clobbers Davey Boy. But Davey Boy gets a Running Powerslam in anyway but Mortis kicks out and here comes Saturn. More of this mat stuff, now I know IWC likes this very match but this new style WCW is adopting that is mat based brawling for half good technical wrestlers is not good by my books-I and the crowd enjoys some GOOD slugfests [That doesn’t include Any Main Event ones, Ofcourse a Flair and Sting slugfest- sorry wandering again] Saturn seems to have an advantage with the Rings but Davey Boy manages to get in Goldberg. Goldberg no sells all suplex attempts and delivers a SUPER KICK OF DOOM! Which Saturn sells with incredible agility [Really I don’t remember anybody selling even HBK’s Super Kick so well.] Goldberg covers but Saturn kicks out. We have a little game of cat and mouse going on between them but Saturn makes the tag to Mortis anyway and here comes Davey Boy. Mortis is now in full Monster Mode as Davey Boy’s techincal holds gets reversed or powered out seconds after their execution. Mortis hits the Flatliner thingy [Don’t know it’s official name] and Saturn blind-tags in Mortis. Mortis and Saturn go back to Uncensored [That is they have a ridiculous argument for apparently no reason and I am expecting turn #430493043 as a result of a tag team break-up, well you can’t have two good turns simaltaneously, what Flair did- OH SORRY DRIFTING AGAIN] and Goldberg takes advantage by bringing himself in and spearing the hell out everybody. Goldberg gets the cover, end of story. Not a bad match but I was still drooling over Flair vs Sting, so I guess **3/4 Would be fair enough.

WINNER and STILL Champion:Goldberg and Davey Boy by pinfall

We go to backstage whether Piper and Bischoff has an important discussion regarding the World Heavyweight Title. Bischoff tries to put up Glacier for the World Title [HE IS AN EARTH SHATTERING PHENOMENON... THE MOST SUCCESFUL WORKER IN RECENT TIMES (Of Saturday Night)... BLAH BLAH BLAH – Eric must be on crack] No matter how we got those crappy Main Events for Nitro on the Pre-Washington era] but Piper dismisses the idea [DO YOU REALLY THINK I AM SUCH A NUMSKULL THAT I WILL LET THAT MORTAL KOMBAT WANNABE WRESTLE HALL OR HAVEN’T YOU GOT IT IN YOUR BINGO BRAIN THAT I HAVE THE SAME POWER AS YOU FOR MAKING MATCHES? –Nice one Roddy] so it’s going to be Bret Hart vs Chris Benoit vs Randy Savage vs Kevin Nash to determine the #1 Contender tonight. One from Horsemen and WCW and two senior citizens from the nWo. That should keep everyone happy... Now I am dreaming Benoit wins this one... Or atleast let him eliminate Savage.

Chris Jericho comes out for guest commentary it’s going to be Gonnard vs Booker T for the Television Title. NEXT. I’m amazed how quickly nWo are using their Title shot clauses.

Television Title Match

Booker T vs Konnan

Chris Jericho hypes himself to begin with and then goes on with how bad the Lakers Play etc. etc. and the commentators are virtually speechless for this match as Jericho takes it onto himself to find a number of faults of Booker T. GIVE THIS GUY A COMMENTARY POSITION ALREADY WCW IF YOUD DON’T PLAN TO GIVE HIM TITLES, HE’S GOLD WITH THAT! Alright, I was so mesmerized appreciating Jericho’s commentary that I didn’t get too much thought on the match, But it’s a Gonnad Match, What the hell are you expecting anyway? Booker T starts off dominating the match but Gonnad doesn’t sell an awful lot anyway and Gonnad by using some Horribly Shitty Offense comes back. Even with Booker T selling like anything the way Gonnad came back is even impossible for Superman. I mean come on, You just hit a punch on the chest, a weak punch that and your opponent is reeling.... THIS CRAP IS RIDICULOUS. If Gonnad should try to get over by this then he should find a gimmick change for Superhero or whatever. While Gonnad keeps on executing the shit, after much hard work [Atleast making it LOOK LIKE it was hard work] Booker T comes back with a face buster. It was pretty much Booker T althrough the match and the crowd was pretty quiet. So I had to stick to Jericho’s Golden commentary [and Tony babbling the action in between, calling the power-slam a back-slam or something like that]. Booker T executes the Scissors Kick and for once in his life Konnan sells that perfectly. Booker T goes for the pin and Chris Jericho pulls the referee away by running from the commentary box. Instant DQ. Chris Jericho tries to beat up Booker T but EATS THE SCISSORS HIMSELF! And the crowd marked for that. Jericho tried to low-blow Booker T but Booker smashed his fist with another kick! This is great and entertaining stuff as Jericho is left whining. Booker picks up the mike and says that....

Booker: Hey Sucka! How did ya like the test of your own medicine!

[Jericho is writhing in pain.]

Booker:You want the Television Title Sucka. Tell ya what. Since I’m done with the nWo Title defense thing, You are getting that shot Sucka. So record what I’m saying so you can replay this footage to this Sucka when he wakes up and realises that the BookerMan SteamRoller went over him- You, Me, The Television Title, SPRING STAMPEDE! NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT...... [The crowd fills in]... SUCKA!

[booker drops the mike and leaves while Jericho is still in pain as we go to commercials.]

WINNER and STILL Champion:Booker T by DQ

We are back and Chris Jericho is being taken to the hospital to get his hands treated [Jericho sold that Scissors Pretty Well]and Jericho PROMISES REVENGE because he has already HATCHED UP A DEVIOUS SCHEME TO TAKE OUT THE SCUM OF JERICHOVILLE BOOKER T.A Jericho-Booker match is always good for me.

Scott Hall is backstage with Scott Hudson, over to you Dave

HUDSON: Scott Hall,tonight the number one contender for your World Heavyweight Title gets decided. Any thoughts on that?

HALL: What is there to think about chico? I really don’t think we don’t need anymore of this crap from WCW. I’ve beaten every guy thrown at me- I’ve beaten Sting, I’ve beaten Arn Anderson and I’ve beaten Bret Hart. So I don’t see the point of me defending me the title again, Since I’ve proved what I am worth of.

HUDSON: But there is one guy you havn’t beat or rather havn’t faced- your best friend and tag team partner Kevin Nash,who is also involved in the match.

[The crowd boos on the mention of Nash’s name,Hall looks a bit worried but then starts to talk.]

HALL: Let me put it this way Chico- [but he is cut off by Kevin Nash who approaches from the back.]

NASH: Woah! Woah! Hudson, what is there to think about. If I win, and I will win it will be Scott Hall vs Kevin Nash, one-on-one for the World Heavyweight Title. It’s that simple. So why are you making so complicated. We are not like the WCW guys who say they have each others back but then turn on them on their interest. We stick together and it will be a pleasure to wrestle Scott to find out who is the better wrestler amongst us. And it is no way going to affect our friendship. I’m not scared of Scott, he is not scared of me-and we are going to be perfectly competitive inside the ring. Ain’t it Scott?

HALL: Dude you’ve taken the words right out of my mouth. So there you have it Hudson. There is nothing to worry about. If it’s The Bad Guy vs The Big Sexy, then it’s going to be greatest match of all-time. And we are not puttig our frienship aside for that match. So I suggest you take your leave, because I’ve something to discuss with my mate here. [Hudson leaves, but the cameraman stays].. HEY! HEY! Get that #@*?? Camera of my face [Hall and Nash shoves of the cameraman as we return to the announcers table.]

United States Title Match

Diamond Dallas Page © vs Scott Steiner

I still hope this feud can materialize but putting them together so soon is a bad idea. Oh well I suppose Raven won’t be too bad. Your basic slugfest to start with Steiner coming out on top. Steiner actually does a couple of good sleepers THAT ACTUALLY HURTS DDP. DDP comes back after a mis-timed elbow and takes down Steiner. Gutbuster followed by a backbreaker and DDP is RAKING IT OUT to Steiner. Quick Pinfalls and kickout here until DDP blocks a suplex and goes for the Diamond Cutter but Vincent argues with the referee-so DDP goes out to run off Vincent and comes back with Scott Steiner waiting with a HUGE BULLDOG! Scott Steiner now on advantage as he delivers his much desired Vertical Suplex and immediately locks in the Steiner Recliner. DDP manages to get out of that and Steiner and Vincent now go after Kimberly. DDP sees all this when he recovers and he manages to run off Vincent again, so the referee expells Kimberly and Vincent. Back in the ring, DDP is in control but Scott Steiner hits some hard shots and another slugfest begins with eventually Steiner throwing DDP out of the ring. DDP although manages to get on top outside and rams Steiners head to the steel but Steiner somehow comes back and makes DDP EAT BOOT! Back in the ring, Steiner is in control and he locks in another Recliner but DDP HULKS UP!!! Pretty soon and knocks down Steiner. Steiner doesn’t get to hit many offense and DDP blocks a Facebuster and turns it into a Diamond Cutter for the 3 Count. ***1/4 for a good TV Bout. RAVEN!! Comes out after the match and whacks DDP with a trash-can, thus setting up an imminent feud. Well if they can put on a “match” (NOT SOME GIMMICKY HARDCORE SLUGFESTS) I will be marking it for a *****.

WINNER and STILL Champion:Diamond Dallas Page by pinfall.

We go to backstage where Flair looks frustrated and we go to a taped segment...

[Flair enters the Horsemen locker-room, only Benoit is there,he is not happy to see Flair and immediately sticks up to Flair.]

FLAIR: Woho! Woho! Hold on Chris, I’m not here to fight with you. Infact I have a proposition which you might find interesting.

[benoit steps back,but his face still shows hatred]

BENOIT: I Don’t want to listen anything from you, you trai-

FLAIR: Chris, Chris, Chris.. Hold on. What I did to Arn Anderson was for your own good Chris. Don’t you see Chris, he was holding you down.He didn’t care for you CHRIS BEN-WAH! But I do, and that’s why I have decided to take you to the nWo, where you can truly show your potential- The Horsemen is a DEAD PROJECT Chris, you are not going to..

[Chris SLAPS Flair hard on his face, resulting in an instant WOOOH! Chant form the crowd.Flair looks angry but Benoit begins talking before he can do anything]

BENOIT: Don’t you whine to me Ric Flair about what you did. Arn Anderson believed in fighting, and that’s what we did. You went down fighting and we respected you for that. But you decided to come back and you decided to switch where the grass is green instead of fighting in your own territory and you are whining that you did the right thing. THIS IS NOT THE RIC FLAIR I KNOW!!! What happened to you Ric, snap out of it... the nWo is going to do you shit. And as far as I am me going to the nWo is concerned, I’m not going to follow the great Ric Flair this time, Infact I’m NOT GOING TO FOLLOW HIM EVER!!! You sold out Ric and I am not doing the same, for the sake of the Horsemen integrity, for the sake of each and everyone of the WCW Superstars and millions of the fans who are watching. I’m going to stay as ARN ANDERSON WOULD HAVE DONE. I’M GOING TO FIGHT LIKE ARN ANDERSON WOULD HAVE DONE. And you Ric Flair can go to HELL! And take this as Dean’s answer too.

[benoit shoves of Flair and leaves. Flair is still angry with his face all reddened up.]

#1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Title

Bret Hart vs Kevin Nash vs Randy Savage vs Chris Benoit

Tag Team Fatal Fourway Elimination Rules are in enforcement here so Savage and Hart start with slugfest #9499021 with Bret Hart getting on top with some actual technical moves [Nice shootfighting from Bret by the way]- Bret locks in the Sharpshooter immediately but Savage escapes by making a tag to NASH!! And Bret Hart and Nash once again go Uncensored Rules- as the referee reminds them that this is a normal match, Oh crap NOW IT’S GOING TO SUCK BIG TIME. Slow brawling from Nash that makes Bret Hart looks like a Rocket. Kevin Nash gets his advantage anyway but decides to tag in Savage after side-slamming Bret for whatever reason and Savage gets bailed out immediately. Tag to Chris BEN-WAH! And he goes ballistic on Savage with Flair Chops [AND THE WOOOHS!] until Savage decidees to brawl back with a face-buster. Follow up with a slugfest but BENOIT WINS!! And locks Savage into the crossface with a tap-out. And I am very happy, And my life would be complete if he eliminates the Geriatric. But good riddance anyway. Nash replaces Savage and Nash goes slammy-happy on Benoit delivering the #943843 variations of Sidewalks Slam ALL OVER THE PLACE!! [basically the result is the same but Tony is saying various names to make Nash credible to us.] But the referee once again reminds that this is a singles match. Hart gets a blind tag and WCW RUINS THIS FOR US! Instead of getting some fine techincal action for 10+ Minutes. Hart gets in the FIVE MOVES OF DOOM! Early and Benoit taps out to the Sharpshooter. YUCK! SCREW YOU WCW. Now it’s that Jumpin’ Geriatric versus Bret Hart- CAN NASH JOB TWO IN A ROW TO HART! As usual we start off with a slugfest with Nash coming out on top. Hart does a very good job to sell a Big Boot that I suspect didn’t even TOUCH Hart. Then we go on to a sequence of covers and break-ups [With Tony blurting out, Fast and Furious Action you will only find in WCW. Yeah Right!] and then it’s a CLOBBER FEST [CLUBBERIN’ CLUBBERIN’ Tony] and Kevin Nash wins that one too. Well I guess I can still send him an Easter present for jobbing once. Nash goes for the kill, Jacknife and SCOTT HALL!!! APPEARS ON THE RAMPWAY. Nash gets distracted as he breaks the cover [stupid Nash, THIS IS A TRAP SIGNALLING the alliance of HART AND HALL- in my dreams]... while Hall comes to ringside and claims “nothing is wrong”- and Hall and Nash chit-chat for a while and the referee finally gets to his senses [Not that he was unconcious] and asks Hall to go away. TOO LET REF! As Hart delivers the RUSSAIN LEGSWEEP of DOOM! And Covers Nash. HEY HART WINS! NASH JOBS TWO IN A ROW [No Matter in what stupid circumstances]..... YOU ARE IN MY CHRISTMAS LIST KEV! Scott Hall meanwhile was going back to the locker-room and is seemingly SHOCKED to hear “Here is your winner blah blah Bret Hart” as he runs back to ringside, Nitro takes a well timed commercial break... FOLKS DON’T CHANGE THE CHANNELS. ***

WINNER and #1 Contender: Bret Hart [Officially by pinfall]

We are back and Hall and Nash are in middle of THE ARGUMENT OF THE CENTURY! So Dave will do the honours-

Nash: WHAT THE F*** YOU JUST DID.... I LOST THE MATCH I HAD IN MY POCKET...

Hall: What did I do? I just came out for some guest commentary man! It was you who broke off the cover...

Nash: SCREW YOUR SHITTY F**** PATHETIC EXCUSE! YOU WEREN’T SCHEDULED FOR ANY GODDAMNED GUEST COMMENTARY TONIGHT..

Hall: BUT...

Nash: YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE DIDN’T YOU... YOU KNEW THAT YOU COULDN’T BEAT ME... YOU MADE...

[Hall snaps and much akin to Benoit sticking up to Flair, Hall does the same.]

HALL: HEY!! I’M NOT AFRAID OF YOU!!! I WAS IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS SHIT!!! WHO TOLD YOU BREAK THE COVER HA! IT WAS ALL YOUR GODDAMNED FAULT ALL THE WAY WRONG BECAUSE YOU KNOW BRET COULD’VE BEATEN YOU CLEAN TWO TIMES IN A ROW AND NOW YOU ARE....

[We are almost in the middle of a brawl until Eric Bischoff comes out to seperate them]

ERIC: HEY! HEY! COOL IT! COOL IT! LET’S FORGET ABOUT THE PAST!! COME ON GUYS COME ON GUYS! ALRIGHT SCOTT, I’M GIVING YOU THE NIGHT OFF.. Take the Car and have some fun, Kevin you come with me... You need some medical attention.

[Hall and Nash leaves in the opposite direction, but Hall pauses]

HALL: You are not better than me Kev..

[And Nash snaps and tries to rush towards Hall but Bischoff and a number of officials restrain him, Hall looks ready for a fight but the security restrain him too. We cut back to the announcers table with all of them left in wonders.]

STING!! Is on the Hallway and he meets up with Benoit. Strange Eye contact and Benoit wishes best of luck to Sting. Sting continues on his way to the ring.

Main Event

Ric Flair vs Sting

The fans are already chanting STING STING... We know that this is California, but I still think that not a single Flair chant is a bit of weired.. NOW DID WCW BRIBED THE AUDIENCES TO NOT TO START A FLAIR CHANT... TUNE INTO NITRO TO FIND OUT? Your Usual Headlock sequence to start with followed by a sleeper by Flair which is turned into another side headlock by Sting and he gets advantage by press slamming Flair. [With and OWWWW! Chant] Big Suplexes by Sting but Flair comes back right into this after another headlock sequence, this is an IWC’s dream so far. CHOPS OF DOOM on Sting [complete with WOOOH! Chant] and Sting fights back [now with WOOOH! Chant, basically the match was WOOOH! Vs OWWWW! Chants from the crowd] Sting takes charge with more headlocks and they Finally start some action... as the dead crowd now really begins to chant for Sting. A flurry of slams followed by some EARTH-SHATTERING Backdrops. Flair does try a Figure Four but Sting gets out of that easily. Flair misses a chop and Sting whips Flair out of the ring and performs the SUICIDAL Cross-body. The generic outside of the ring slugfest begins but thankfully they come back into the ring quite soon. Back in the ring it’s Flair on offense as he suplexes Sting to hell, two small packages counter by Sting but Flair continues to put on the pressure. Sting is now on a comback as he avoids the Figure Four and gets in a kneelock. Sting lifts Flair and ALABAMA SLAMS! [sorry, I accidentally switched over to RAW] him to the ground. Deathlock, but Flair gets out that. A Scorpion Deathdrop but FLAIR KICKS OUT! [And the crowd is actually begining to chant Flair] Another Deathlock but Flair reverses that to Figure Four! Sting grabs the ropes anyway. Hair grab and a NAITCHA! BOY SLAM.... is Erm Blocked. More Chop Fests and Sting powers Flair to the ropes. Stinger splash attempts missed as Flair bails out. And now it’s MANDATORY INTERFERENCE TIME as Randy Savage,Buff Bagwell and Konnan appears on the rampway to take out Sting. Since Mr. Patrick is referee, he doesn’t complain. The match turns to a crap-fest from this point as Sting tries to come back but fails. Flair locks in the figure four but it gets reversed, eye poke by Flair and HE GRABS THE TIGHTS! And Mr. Patrick does a lightning-fast count. This a Flair vs Sting match so it’s automatically ****1/4 regardless the screwed-up interferences. SCREW YOU SCOTT KEITH!

WINNER:Ric Flair by pinfall.

The nWo tries to do some more beatdown on Sting but Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko comes to the rescue. I AM SMELLING A HORSEMEN DOUBLE SWERVE ALREADY! JUST LIKE OLD TIMES! Anyway they take out Bagwell and Konnan early and then they deal with Savage, Sting is meanwhile back-up and he takes down Flair. So after the faces clear the ring, Benoit and Sting has an INTENSE STAREDOWN! I am smelling a DOUBLE SWERVE here, but as usual TUNE INTO NITRO [Or Check out next weeks rant, any of the two will suffice] TO FIND OUT!

FINAL RATING: Not a SUPERB SHOW but it was better than RAW by MILES! Other than the Austin/McMahon thing, RAW was basically... well CRAP! Here we had some nice Outsiders tension, Horsemen/Flair tension, Inter-Flock tension and TENSIONS AND MORE TENSIONS! Capped of by a MOTY Candidate Ric Flair vs Sting! That’s enough for me to give it a friggin ****

RATINGS: NITRO 6.48 RAW: 5.88

NITRO beats RAW comprehensivley although in 1998 tally, RAW still leads NITRO

Edited by UmpireAJS

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...