Keiths Stencils and Shit.

K

Welp, here's a preview....

paths.jpg

And the full, huge, vector PDF should be attached for Donators/VIPs/Staff to see.

Feel free to nick the PDF and take it to your local T-Shirt printing place (Or there're loads online, UK look at pinpointprint.co.uk.) Might do it myself once I have some more funds.

It's 30cm square, which should be big enough for anything up to a large, and if it's not then it's all completely vector, so totally scalable.

The purple is just a background layer so you can see the white dude. T-Shirt printing place will be able to get rid of that.

If anyone does go to get it printed, you have to take the PDF, they'll hate you if you take the JPG

paths.pdf

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am ex-staff, but I was ex-staff back before the VIP group was introduced, so thus never ended up there.

Thanks man, that's lovely of you to say!

I work as a Mac Operator/Designer for a company producing magazines.

All my T-Shirts and hats and stuff are just for me and friends. :)

I just kind of make whatever I'm feeling at the time, I doubt I could get enough people interested in one of my shirts to warrant getting them bulk printed and make a profit, and I don't fancy using CafePress or whatever. (Though I bought a hat from zazzle recently that was pretty good quality)

• 1 month later...

Oh man, I tried a new method on a whim today and I'm never going back to my old ways. It looks so perfect...

I'm going as Zack Morris to a theme party this weekend, and I'd already spent enough money on a wig, acid wash jeans and a jacket that I didn't want to spend any more on anything I didn't have to, which meant that the Bayside Tigers T-Shirt was being home made and not printed...

Made a really, really rough tiger stencil in photoshop. The basic shape was taken from istock (I LOVE having a job with unlimited istock credits) and then I turned it into a stencil and added bridges and stuff, then printed it...

Image158.jpg

You can see how rough the edges are here....

Image159.jpg

Doesn't matter too much though, because I then taped some OHP paper (Transparancy paper/plastic/whatever you call it) and redrew the whole thing with a sharpie so it was smooth and pretty

Image160.jpg

If you have a laser printer (I do at work), you can print straight onto the OHP, but I wanted to do it tonight so I redrew it.

Cut it all out with the craft knife

Image161.jpg

Cover the back in spray mount

23706-group3ww-l.jpg

Then wait till it goes tacky rather than sticky (Should take about a minute, then stick it to your shirt and spray away.

When you're finished, peel the plastic off and you're done.

Image162.jpg

The OHP paper is much stronger than regular paper so you cna really get rough with it, and you'll be able to use it over and over again. The spray mount prevents any underspray and it looks awesome.

I'll do the text tomorrow.