Your Favorite Documentaries

ROC

I thought since the documentary is rising in terms of entertainment and making you think, I'll just make a topic about what your favorite documentaries are.

My favorite is Bowling for Columbine. Despite Moore almost bending the truth (because we know all you Canadians never commit murder or lock your doors :shifty: ), I still liked some of his points and his interviewers points (specifically Marilyn Manson's point about the media and about fear and consumption). I also liked how it turned from humor to drama literally in a second.

I agree with you said, and it is my favourite. I never believed a documentary could be entertaining, but boy I was wrong. It was my first, but won't be my last. I heard Super Size is also good, I'll wait for it on dvd. Same for Fareneheight 9/11.

Super Size Me is head and shoulders above any other documentary I've ever seen. It's both funny, frightening (from a reality standpoint) and informative. It also helps that it's so even handed.

When We Were Kings, the documentry based on the"Rumble in the Jungle", the infamous heavyweight championship boxing match between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman in 1974. Gives you great insight and feel of the emotion, intensity, and the animosity that took place during the fight as well as the events that surrounded it.

The Smashing Machine, mainly based on former two time UFC tournament winner Mark Kerr's trial and tribulations going into and competing in Japan's premier MMA promotion, PRIDE. Also takes a look into the first PRIDE Grand Prix and the things that went on behind the curtain.

Beyond The Mat, a must for any wrestling fan. Most already know what it's about so I won't bother explaining it.

and even though it's a faux documentry or a "mock"umentry, FUBAR, is about two headbanging, lower class Canadians in their mid 20's and the life they live. Even though this film is full of drinking beer, defacing public property, violence, and various froms crude humor, it also deals with a man and his struggle to keep his pride will being diagnosed with testicular cancer. Worth the watch, trust me.

Devil's Playground is a favourite of mine. An interesting doco about rumspringa and how people are effected by it. The producers are involved with Amish in the City I believe.

I also enjoyed Super Size Me, When We Were Kings and e-Dreams. I really want to see Capturing the Friedmans and The Corporation.

Edit: Forgot to mention Lost in La Mancha. Hilarious, interesting and sad.

Edited by Psicosis

To be honest I've never watched that many (though I do enjoy them). I'd really recommend Beyond The Mat and Bowling for Columbine., they are both really good.