Let's Play FFVI

TKz

FINAL FANTASY VI PLAY ALONG

mt5oxk.jpg

ARE YE READY KIDS!? Let's get our game on. The big play through of every FF didn't exactly go as planned thanks to the fact most of us loathed the FF2 leveling system, so instead let's go for the FF that all the family can enjoy! Post your progress here and gloat about how your Locke is such a higher level than everyone elses >_>

LETS GET READY TO RUUUUMMMMMMBBBBBBBLLLLLLLEEEEEEE!

Edited by TKz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way is this the FF the whole family can enjoy. Kids would run in fear at the mere sight of the mentalist clown. The only thing less friendly is FFIV and it's Hamlet-esque "LETS KILL EVERYONE!" attitude. It's been a long, long, long time since I played VI, at least 3/4 years now, so I can hardly even remember half of it. First things first, the opening sequence they made for the playstation reissue is awesome beyond all belief.

Looking forward to starting this. Last time I played this I wanted to get everything so I did the cheat on that river where you first fight Ultros and left the game on overnight. I'm not going to do any of that shit this time around but I'll still try to get as much stuff as I can. Maybe this time I'll even try to beat AtmaWeapon with something other than that one moogle dance!

Damn it, I wish you guys weren't doing this right after I got my Wii. :( I'll be following along and joining in with fine happy memories and a whole lot of ranting about how Kefka is better than Sephiroth always every time.

Well, playing right now....got me some esper magicite. Rocking a party of Edgar (19, finished Cait Sith, working on Ramuh), Celes (18, finished Siren, working on Cait Sith), Sabin (19, still working on Kirin), and Locke (19, finished Ramuh, working on Siren).

Was thinking of going back and maybe switching out Edgar and Sabin for Gau and Cyan to level them up but then I realized....Chainsaw, Drill and Autocross bow are too useful to switch out, and Sabin is my powerhouse. Those two can get trained later :shifty:

On my way to the opera house! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/450231

Edit: Man, was just thinking....it would be amazing to see this game re-done scene for scene live action, even if it was a bunch of college students putting it together. I would be all over that!

Edited by Lt. Ruki Hawkeye

Cyan sucks. There's no reason to ever use Cyan at all. Let him sit on the airship and cry tiny, honorable tears.

Does he? He seemed decent when I was using him. And Gau, too unreliable...I wanna choose my attacks!

Gau is fantastic if you like blue mages... I tend to NOT like blue mages, but I don't deny that Gau is potentially one of the best characters in the game.

Cyan is... terrible. Storyline-wise he's an ok character, but there's never really any reason to play as him. His sword techs take much too long to set up and they don't pack as much impact as other special attacks like a blitz from Sabin or whatever. His swords aren't the most powerful thing in the word, and he's only really decent if he carries the black belt so he can counterattack sometimes. But if you're going to have someone counterattack, you're better off with Shadow in your party since he can also Throw.