Deadpool fans.. rejoice!

apsham

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Liefield posted on his twitter about the Deadpool movie:

# Walking into Deadpool movie meeting!!! Yowza!

about 13 hours ago from NatsuLiphone

# Great Deadpool movie meeting! Lauren Schuler Donner and her team are headed in the right direction!

about 11 hours ago from NatsuLiphone

# Deadpool movie checklist- DP in costume-check! Breaking 4th wall-check! Loads of killing-double check!

# Deadpool movie- YES! Ryan Reynolds is on board!!!

# Also excited to discuss possibilities of Cable in future X-films!!!

about 10 hours ago from NatsuLiphone

Sweet.

Cable? Oh this just gets better and better!!!

now who could they get to play him? i have no idea....

Ron Pearlman?

I was never a big comic book fan and have only seen Cable in the old X-Men cartoon that was on Saturday mornings, but going by this picture

mvc2-cable.jpg

I think Pearlman would be a good choice

Liefield added this on his twitter:

# Clarification, Cable definitely NOT in Deadpool movie, but possible role in future X-films....not First Class.

about 1 hour ago from web

# Donner Company is on top of making the Deadpool movie that fans want. They get it. He's funny, tortured, clever, a bastard and mucho action!

about 1 hour ago from web

So, no Cable on Deadpool movie. I actually don't mind that, I think they'd have to clutter too much into one movie so they could capture Cable and Deadpool's relationship right, and given that this is the first movie, and likely an "origin" movie, as is the trend with hero movies, this should be left to a possible sequel, IMO.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

The idea of seeing Cable down the road is pretty cool, though he definitely has one of the most convoluted back story's in all of the Marvel Universe... which is saying a lot. It would be interesting to see how they could transfer the character to film-- what they'd drop and what they'd change etc... Also, Ron Perlman would rock that role pretty hard, but part of me would love Kurt Russell in the role. But then I'd watch Kurt Russell in just about anything, playing just about anything. [/mancrush]

But anyhow, this Deadpool project has me more excited than any comic film has ever gotten me. Deadpool has long been one of my favorite characters, and the number of directions they can take the Merc with a Mouth is near limitless. He is like Bugs Bunny with katanas!

This is a little off topic but this thread caused the string of thought that lead me to it, but I'd love to see Gerard Butler make a cameo somewhere down the road as Marvel's version of Hercules. :shifty:

To brings us back, remotely to topic I leave you with this awesome image...

071509_asm611-tm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So yes. I said get excited and rejoice, and maybe you didn't believe me then.. but hells yes, this just came through today.

I want to ignore the version of Deadpool that we saw in Wolverine and just start over again. Reboot it. Because this guy talks, obviously, and to muzzle him would be insane... We're right in the thick of talking to writers right now, and hopefully by November we'll have decided who's going to do it. We need someone really imaginative because we want to do some really innovative, ambitious stuff. Ryan's mentioned this in an interview already but there are parts where he's going to break the fourth wall and talk directly to the audience in the cinema. We have to work out how to do that. I don't know that Fox will agree with all our decisions, but we'll see!

Exciting news on all fronts! Not only do we get to see a reboot on Deadpool, but a fresh new take on comic book movies and some trademark Deadpool seems awesome to be.

In the same interview he talked about the other two projects; seems Wolverine 2 is moving along and Magneto is in development hell for the time being.

• 9 months later...
Deadpool creator Robert Liefeld has revealed that Ryan Reynolds's commitment to the Green Lantern franchise could stop him starring in the proposed movie about the Marvel character.

In a series of messages posted on his Twitter account, Liefeld explained that Warner Bros' plans to make two Green Lantern films back-to-back could force 20th Century Fox to pull the plug on their Robert Rodriguez-helmed Deadpool project.

"Warner Bros just trying to protect their investment," Liefeld wrote. "They don’t want Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool AND Green Lantern. Interesting 2 watch. Bottom line about Deadpool film is that if FOX doesn’t pull the DP film together with Ryan Reynolds between GL films-they should Hari Kari."

Liefeld claimed that Warner Bros is intent on disrupting the rival superhero picture, but suggested that there is still a chance the clash will be resolved: "Hopefully cool heads prevail and are reminded of Harrison Ford and how he played Indiana Jones and Han Solo simultaneously."

Reynolds appeared as Marvel's Deadpool in last year's X-Men Origins: Wolverine and is expected to appear as DC Comics hero Hal Jordan in a Green Lantern Trilogy [url=http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a258682/potter-scribe-to-pen-green-lantern-2.html]

Hope it can be sorted out

If it's not Reynolds, it shouldn't be done.

Actually, scratch that... Reynolds stole the Lantern role from Bradley Cooper. Cooper should sweep in and take the Deadpool role from Reynolds.

I haven't seen Cooper throwing out the one-liners like Reynolds has over his career, but he's the only name I can think of off the top of my head.

Of course, they could always just have a guy with a good build in the suit, and someone else doing the voice... but I really would rather have one actor owning the role.

• 2 months later...