Another Benfica player dies

Some of you may (or not) remember when I posted in January the news that Miki Feher (see sig), hungarian football/soccer player who played for Benfica, collapsed in the field and died later. This time, a player didn't collapse in the field, but also had the same tragic fate. 18 year old Bruno Baião died four days after collapsing in a cafe, half hour after ending practice, in front of his friends. He had a heart condition of some sorts which I'm not sure of what it was.

Now, I'm not too familiar of this player, since he was in the junior's team, but fuck. 18 years old? Rest In Peace, Bruno, you'll be missed. :(

I am sorry if you are a benfica fan, but 2 times the same problem with a player the same age ?

Might that be some illegal Medicin to build states ? I mean honestly how often dos such a thing happen in soccer, and now two times in the same team with players the same age ?

:(

I am sorry if you are a benfica fan, but 2 times the same problem with a player the same age ?

Might that be some illegal Medicin to build states ? I mean honestly how often dos such a thing happen in soccer, and now two times in the same team with players the same age ?

:(

Nope, the one who died now (that just feels so wrong) had a history of heart problems. A couple of years ago he had to stop playing because he had an arrhythmia or something like that. So he, at least, didn't die because of any drugs. The other player, Feher, who was also very young (24, IIRC), died due to causes unknown. IIRC, the authopsy didn't provide enough proof to say what killed him. But they know this: it wasn't drugs, either.

More details: Apparently, Bruno Baião collapsed in the cafe after receiving a phone call from his manager stating that Benfica might have wanted to renew his contract, what would give him a professional player status. I guess with his heart conditions, he just couldn't handle the emotion, I guess. Man, that's hard... Benfica's my favourite club since day 1 and it's sad to see two young, good players with potential to go like this... At least, at the Portuguese Cup finals, which happens tomorrow between Benfica and Porto, they scheduled a minute of silence to pay Bruno Baião their respects.

Haven't heard anything about it until now.

Rest in Peace.

It must be hard for you Johnny, i can't image what i'd do if someone from Sunderland died. It seems stupid to do something like that but i would be so unhappy if someone from Sunderland died. Whether it was Arca or Kyle.

At least, a little ray of light in the sadness... Benfica just beat Porto to win the Portuguese Cup and win their first title in 8 years (way too long for a club with Benfica's history). Throughout the game, "Miki Féher" and "Bruno Baião" chants were heard, and when the game finished, the team carried a giant banner with Féher's image on it to the middle of the field and dedicated their victory to him and Bruno Baião. They also played with a black armband in memory of the young player who died yesterday.