EWB: The UFC Undisputed Online League

IzzyX

Which system shall we run with?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which system shall we run with?

• We basically set it up in "Seasons" each of which are 5 months long. Each month we pick a division to use, set up weekly fight cards, see where it ends up. So month 1 would be Light Heavyweight, everyone fights, we keep track of the record for the division and for the overall rankings.
    • Or we could do a draft at the start, or at the start of each month, with the first pick going to whoever had the worst record. Both of those methods prevent someone like Rocksta who's great with everyone, from constantly ending up with the highest rated fighters as well.
    • Select a weight class, everyone gets a fighter. Everyone fights everyone once. 2 points for a win. The four with the most points enter the playoffs. Best of three, the winners of that do best of three again. That winner is your overall winner.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if not a lot of people sign up, everyone should get someone in a single weight class and do it like that. Start with perhaps light heavy then to heavy, etc. If all else fails, maybe set up a tournament instead.

Maybe. Or just have someone have another person in another weight class.

Am I alright to sign up if I haven't got the game yet? I say this as I'll be getting it next week probably. If so:

Fighter:Andrei Arlovski

Console:PS3

Gamertag/PSN:burnsy08

Can I switch to Dan Henderson? After playing 8 matches as Kendall today, I lost all 8 :(

Alright man; but I can't change up the starting thread now -- gotta go. EWB 1 Card should be up by tomorrow or anytime next week. But if you want to sign up as a fighter from a different weight class -- feel free; we need to fill this up. And people on the XBOX360 side; leave some Light Heavyweight's for PS3 owners.

Seriously, unless we get an absolute fuck ton of people signing up, this set up won't work. We should either stick to one division to start with (I'd recommend Light Heavyweight since it seems most popular) or let people sign up for multiple divisions.

I agree. I also don't mind helping organize or run this. I think that, given how many people we have, we should stick to one division for now and maybe branch off later.

With that said, if anyone wants to play me as Bader (to practice with their own character), my XBL is Rebnik

*Chris Glen - Kaney (Kaneynite)

*Mauricio Rua - wolves (THEBEAN88)

*Tito Ortiz - Ruki (RukiK9)

*Quinton Jackson - Scum Fan 4 Life (JohnnyPerfect7)

*David Taylor - 9 to 5 (McShambles)

*Michael Bisping - KevinStorm (KevinStorm)

*Houston Alexander - dwsunk (dwsnuk)

*Forrest Griffin - Slogger (Slogger9)

*Lyoto Machida - Quasi Juice (Tzakjez)

*Wanderlei Silva - Toe (desiredtoe)

*Chuck Liddell - TEOL (TEVOL)

*Kale Kayn - Kale (kalekayn)

*Ryan Bader - Rebby (Rebnik)

*Thiago Silva - L.C.S. (bigdub2k6)

*Dan Henderson - MrSticks (joestan)

All the light heavyweights thus far for XBox

Edited by Rebby

I think it would be better for users to pick one more person from another weight division. All in favour?

I think we're going to have our hands full keeping track of one division, much less multiple ones. I think you're severely over-estimating how easy running an online league is gonna be. It's more then just pairing people up and hoping they get around to fighting, especially after the hype wears off.

If we can't have two of the same on two consoles, you should designate weight classes.

Like 360 gets Light Heavy, PS3 gets Heavy or Welter or some shit. Cause now I have no one to face on PS3. :/

I'll change to Anderson Silva for Middleweight, though. PS3 guys! Go Middleweight so we can get something half decent going. ;)

Sigh.

Why are we all locking down on one fighter? To me, it'd make more sense to do this one of two ways, both involve no one locking in on one fighter.

A.

We basically set it up in "Seasons" each of which are 5 months long. Each month we pick a division to use, set up weekly fight cards, see where it ends up. So month 1 would be Light Heavyweight, everyone fights, we keep track of the record for the division and for the overall rankings. So it'd look something like this:

Rocksta vs Fitzy

Winner: Rocksta (1-0 LH, 1-0 All Season)

Loser: Fitzy (0-1 LH, 1-0 All Season)

So after 3 months, they could be having a fight in the lightweight division and it'd look like this

Rocksta Vs Fitzy

Winner: Fitzy (1-0 LW, 6-4 All Season)

Loser: Rocksta (0-1 LW, 8-2 All Season)

So at the end of each month you'll have an overall winner for the division, and after 5 months you'll have an overall winner for the Season.

And no one has to lock in on any specific fighter, and they can pick before each and every match.

Option B would be similar, but each month we set up fight cards and each fight has a randomly determined weight class.