Fight Night Round 4

wolves

I enjoy this game more then Fight Night Round 3. More realistic moments and the ability to fight in more styles, instead of just parrying and countering like in Round 3. You can literally jab your way to a win in this.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some online matches tonight. No lag whatsoever which is awesome. Though I had to deal with some quitters. For the most part people just try to spam punches non stop and pick Ali. Once you can get past it, you can pretty much take people out left and right.

Toe, sometime we'll have to have some fights online.

The best part about the game is the opponents are all different in Legacy mode. I had one fight where I went to slug it out and was knocked down in the first round. After that, I knew we was stronger and better, so I moved around him and use my jab and straight, winning the fight with a decision. I did a ton of damage with the straight.

I'm enjoying this game more than I thought I would but I need to work on my strategy a bit more. I'm still throwing far too many big punches and my accuracy can be pretty poor at times. Still, it's very enjoyable, has tremendous graphics and great gameplay.

I started the Legacy Mode last night and won the amateur tournament, all four fights by decision. I was lucky to get away with the win in the final though, my opponent knocked me down with an uppercut out of nowhere in the third round. Fortunately I was able to come back and stun him twice with hooks in the final round.

Edited by AD

I wish I could get a fight to go the distance. I've even turned up the difficulty but I still end up either getting knocked out or knocking my opponent out. Last night I thought it was going to happen until I knocked my opponent down and as soon as he got up landed a flush haymaker to put him down for good in the final round.

I am really enjoying it, the counter system is much better than 3's guess-the-direction thing that had me doing the boxing equivalent of big-fish-little-fish-cardboard-box. Still, I've been frustrated a few times when I clearly avoided the punch and don't get the counter window.

ok they made this guy Eddie Chambers ridiculous, 10 rounds and the guy never gets stunned, I knew I was gonna lose on points so they last couple rounds I just went nuts with signature punches, and would nail him like 5-6 times in a row with them and he would just keep on coming.

I got the achievement for beating the CPU 10 times in Fight Now earlier even though I've only faced the CPU three times in Fight Now. Up to that point I had had 11 career fights and I think five against another human player :/

Yeah, I had something similar happen. It just seems to register victories no matter what mode and no matter who against, which is a little stupid.

This shit is pissing me off I need a tutorial on how to put my face in the game. I imported all my pictures onto my PS3 but I need to put in a "USB camera" - I put in my camera, my memory stick w/ the camera shit in it and an actual webcam and none of them worked. I uploaded it on the EA Game World but I have no idea on how to reach that through my PS3.:@

Help :(

I finished my first Legacy Mode but I think I need to turn the difficulty up. 51-0-0, 51 KO's, Greatest Of All Time. While I agree Legacy Mode is a bit thin and can get tiresome I enjoy the stat tracking, the rankings, the challenges and such. It did annoy me when I defended a belt, though, that the challenger would come out first to my music and then I would come out to his.

Jesus christ. What difficulty was that on? I think I'm on Pro and I went 20-2 with two losses in a row and got pissed off and quit. <_<

EDIT: PS the downloadable created guys are sick. I had Conan O'Brien vs Will Ferrell and lol'd when Conan has absolutely NO punch power at all and is extremely lanky so I just headbutted him until I got myself DQ'd, then played Creed vs. Balboa.

Edited by Mr Evil Guy

That was on Pro. Spreading out my fights so I had three training sessions each time until the last few years in my career when I took a few more because the majority of the challengers in the heavyweight division were pretty bad :P

There was this one 6'8'' guy and with me being 6'1'' I thought he would destroy me but he was rather rubbish.

Edited by AD

EA SPORTS™ announced today its initial Downloadable Content (DLC) plan for FIGHT NIGHT Round 4. Recently named the Game Critic Awards “Best Sports Game of E3 2009”, FIGHT NIGHT Round 4 has been winning over reviewers since its release on June 23rd.

The first DLC pack, which will be available for free to both Xbox 360® and Playstation®3 users by early August, will include a new training gym, new gameplay sliders, as well as a host of new equipment that can be used for outfitting boxers. Xbox 360 users will also receive an exclusive alternate version of Sugar Ray Leonard in their first DLC pack, courtesy of Pizza Hut.

EA SPORTS™ will also be releasing a free downloadable game update by early September that will allow gamers to use face buttons on the Xbox 360 and PS3 game controllers to throw punches, hooks, uppercuts and haymakers.

“The depth and variety of new content we have planned this summer is going to make one of the most critically acclaimed games on the market even better,” said senior producer, Dean Richards. “Among the new content in development, our new button control scheme will give fans a choice for how they want to throw punches in the game. We strongly believe that the refined Total Punch Control is the most intuitive way to throw punches in Fight Night Round 4, but we also want fans of the franchise to have an option.”

Stupid question but what are face buttons? On the PS3 would it be the square, circle, triangle, and X?