inFamous

Benji

I think it's an awesome game, easily among the top three best PS3 games I've played. The basic powers are a little lame, sure, but once you powered up, especially with the more destructive evil powers, it's all sorts of fun. I beat it as a good guy first time through, so now I'm playing as an evil guy, so far it doesn't change the story much but it's so much easier just not giving a fuck about saving people >_>

I agree with Momo about the ending, but I think it's more that you do the right things for the story, but you're pretty much just a major asshole about it, while a good guy does the same things and is praised for it :P

I'm kinda hoping that in the final FMV for the evil path...

...that Kessler reveals to Cole his true intentions (the time travel, etc) and then calls him a dissapointment and a failure, or something that can rattle the Cole.

Anybody else curious as to what this 'Beast' that Kessler was fleeing from in his timeline actually was? While I'm kinda hoping they go with a completely different city, new character, and fire powers for the next game, I also want to see a direct sequel with Cole fighting this 'Beast'.

And a thank you to Bigal.

Just finished the game on the good path... dident even know i could have selected a different difficoult.

I kinda saw that ending comming, KotoR all over again...

Can you actualy Save Trish? (i went for the doctors)

If you just want to see the evil ending reload the mission in wich you get to the ray, if you chose to use it to gain power you are instantly infamous... but it dos not make you stronger, it makes you weaker since you have not bought the powers and don the Side Missions. Have not finished the game on evil yet, but since John dies no matter if you take the ray or not i don´t think it will make to much of a difference.

The way coal talks after the credits seems like you still could get to Moja... did anyone notice something?

I am still missing 2 or 3 side missions... there are no oponents to drop the pictures... also missing about 100 blast shards.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Trish dies no matter what. The only difference is that if you try to save her, she forgives you.
Edited by Tope Con Cloudy

Trish dies no matter what. The only difference is that if you try to save her, she forgives you.

Ok... with GTA 4 already in the mail for me i am thinking that trying to trade this game in for UFC 09 is a good idea.

AFAIK there is no DLC coming and i have to say i don´t feel like paying for any more of this... it realy is not bad but i don´t see me playing this game again, not ever.

Well, if someone wants to trade me in UFC for my UK Copy of InFamous feel free to contact me, i am looking to get this don... or i´ll sell it for about 50€ (43 pound+shiping) wich seems to be the current asking price and also would get me a used copy of UFC 09.

I started on the inFamous path, but after 4 or 5 karmic decisions I went for the Hero path because I always have more fun being evil in games, hence why I usually start out good. If I'm going to play a game through twice, I usually start good so that I have more fun with the repetitiveness being evil the second time through.

I'm kinda hoping that in the final FMV for the evil path...

...that Kessler reveals to Cole his true intentions (the time travel, etc) and then calls him a dissapointment and a failure, or something that can rattle the Cole.

The endings are pretty much the same, except that Evil Cole doesn't care about Kessler's warnings or Empire City, he just cares about himself.

The difference between good and evil are small; like in that mission where you help that train full of hostages. Good Cole is congratulated while Evil Cole is pelted with rocks so he kills everyone.

The only major difference between the two paths are the 15 good/evil side missions and the upgrades.

Ok, i bought myself UFC. I´ed now sell InFamous for 44,45€ or 38BP.

You're selling it for the same price (more), than what people could get it first hand? :huh:

Because i am in Germany and everything is more expensive here. ;-) I just don´t want to loose monney on this (since infamous will be worth some money a litte longer) - i don´t expect anyone here to buy it, i am just spamming it over all the flemarkets on boars i know. ;-)

I was able to sell the game for my Asking price, this means Free UFC instead of Free InFamous with my PS3. I hope this turns out to be the better deal.

As for InFamous itself, i´ed say Rent it first. You easyle can compare it to games like Fable or Knights of the Old Republic wen it comes to the Story, good/bad decisions but i would say these games are still a lot better. Rather give it a Weekend for 3 than a buy for 30GBP.

Completed the Hero side yesterday/today (I forget exactly when), I got engrossed in finding the dead drops and completing the stunts, had a lot of fun, only things I really have left are a few easy trophies, finding all the shards (which will be a b-i-t-c-h) and completing the game in my inFamous/Hard save (which by the way, is way too much fun, the power upgrades in this side are heinous). Can't believe I almost so easily gave up on this game originally because whilst it's not my favourite PS3 game, it's certainly addictive when you find the time and desire to actually play it all.

Yeah, apart from the max out powers trophies, the train kills is basically the only one I have left. I really hope it's cumulative and not in one playthrough, because I already took over all territories :(

It's not from what I gather, but at least you didn't do what I just did.

I only have two trophies left now, the "Rock Hound" and the "Evil To The Core" trophy, I had got about 80% of the shards on my good save... and then promptly just saved over it with my evil one, pain in the ass. Thankfully I didn't do the opposite because I can't be doing another full game JUST to earn a trophy for getting all the evil moves, plus I suppose I'll get XP for finding shards and fighting enemies on the way, so it's not all bad. Still - pain in the ass :(

How do you actually collect the hidden packages? I killed a Reaper in Archer Square and it gave me a picture of where the package is, and I'm on the exact spot, the floor's gone all electric-y, but I can't seem to actually pick it up.

EDIT: Sorted, for some reason the actual package hadn't spawned, so I ran away and came back to reset it. Really enjoying it so far, the combat is a little ropey, but I love just running around and climbing up buildings and stuff. It's almost like Crackdown minus firearms.

Edited by Dragonzord

The game is great, it starts off pretty slow, but when You play it really gets better and better. And I've just started actually - just had the mission with helping the cops.

Neat game, I got it for free with my PS3 and wanted to sell it right away... now I'm glad I didn't.

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh, I have one blast shard left, the stunt trophy, and the 25 kills on a moving vehicle trophy. I can see that I'll have to start over for the latter, and I may just do the stunts on the way.