The Premier League 2008/09 Season - Best Of

Baddar

-Goal - Paul Koncheskey (can't remember who against. Just edges Rafael's left foot volley against Arsenal)

-Match - Arsenal 4, Liverpool 4 - Great match and great display by Arseshavin.

-Moment - Man United drawing against Arsenal to win third straight chmapionship to equal Liverpool's long standing record

-Comeback - Man United 5-2 Spurs (In all leagues I'd say Matt Jansen's comeback to the game for Wrexham)

-Player - Wayne Rooney (since Januray been the best in the league and awesome for England. Jagielka second and Gerrard/Vidic tied for third)

-Manager - Ferguson is constantly winning things so another title doesn't get him this but 4 in a row next year will. 3rdd for me is Moyes, 2nd Hodgeson and 1st goes to Pulis. He kept Stoke up, mission impossible acheived. (Honourable mention to Phil Brown who despite awlful ending did keep Hull up)

-Facepalm moment of the season - Alan Shearer just pipping Robbie Keane and Rafa's rant

Team of the Year (4-3-3)

GK: Edwin VAN DER SAR - Manchester United

DR: Phil JAGIELKA - Everton

DL: Leighton BAINES - Everton

DC: Rio FERDINAND - Manchester United

DC: Nemanja VIDIC - Manchester United

MF: Ryan GIGGS - Manchester United

MF: Steven GERRARD - Liverpool

MF: Michael Carrick - Manchester United

FW: Wayne ROONEY - Manchester United

FW: Nicolas ANELKA - Chelsea

FW: Cristiano RONALDO - Manchester United

Edited by JSV

I feel psychically ill that anyone would include that cunt Ricardo Fuller in their team of the year. He's a complete nob and there's about twenty players who should be on any list ahead of him up front, not to mention he's shit. Him fighting his own team mate was a disgrace as well. I don't ever wish injury on any player other than him.

Seriously though, I struggle to take any list seriously if it hasn't got Torres on there. I may hate Liverpool, but he's possibly the best striker in the world now, so I don't see how you couldn't include him on a team of the season list.

I couldn't take a team seriously WITH Torres in it. He only played about four games all season however great he was.

Eh? I know he was injured a couple of times but he still managed to score 17 goals in 44 games (38 of which were starts) in all competitions. He played plenty this year, it was just really bigged up every time he and/or Gerrard didn't play.

-Goal - Glen Johnson, Portsmouth vs Hull

-Moment - Man United getting spanked by Livepool at Old Trafford

-Comeback - Tottenham in the 4-4 against Arsenal, or else Tottenham's entire seaon in general.

-Player - Steven Gerrard. The guy has everything you'd ever want in a footballer and shone magnificently this year, deserved a trophy too.

-Manager - Roy Hodgson. Going from hanging onto Premier Leagu status to Europa leage is a breathtaking achievement.

-Facepalm moment of the season - Rafa's rant

Team of the Year

Jaaskelainen

Johnson - Hangeland - Ferdinand - Cole

Ronaldo - Ireland - Gerrard - Young

Torres - Anelka

Edited by The Cool One