Tim Armstrong

Lint

So I was reading about Dancehall Crashers, and it said Tim Armstrong from Rancid was a founding member, having been in the band between Operation Ivy and Downfall. While I've heard Downfall and was actually quite underwhelmed by it, I've never heard and DHC with Tim in it. Did Tim ever record with DHC? If he did, is the album available at all?

This is totally not my scene, so I'm just doing research. From what I can divine from the intertubes, the band recorded one demo before Tim left, however the demo was self released and cassette only so has probably fallen off the face of the earth.

The following image is the cover for that cassette..

dhc-say-cheese-cover.jpg

Tims name is nowhere to be found.

However, their third release was a compilation called 1989-1992, which includes the first demo and the first album...

Right... the track list for the demo was as follows..

1. Skinhead Bar B.Q.

2. Rude Girl

3. Lipstick (I dressed up like a girl and met a guy)

4. Fight All Night

5. Street Sweeper

6. D.H.C.

The compilation includes a few songs with those names, However some of them are different versions than the original demos. The only three tracks on the compilation, lifted DIRECTLY from the demo are the last three, namely

17. Skinhead BBQ 1989

18. Fight All Night 1989

19. DHC 1989

Although, from listening to the previews.. Tim isn't the vocalist, though he does receive a writers credit on DHC

So I honestly don't know what to tell you. Tim wrote songs for the band, one of which made it through to a compilation, and although some websites list him as the vocalist, all the information I've been able to dig up states that on every recording, the vocalists are always two women.

I don't think you're gonna find anything mate.

EDIT: Just found out, that Tim used to be credited as LINT, which I didn't know, and as you can see from the Demo, Lint gets a writing credit for DHC on that. So I guess all he contributed was lyrics and music. No actual performance.

Tim Armstrong was the original vocalist for them.

He left them, however, almost right after their debut, so he still gets credit for writing for the above mentioned album; BUT, he was not the vocalist at the time of the recording of said album, so you will not hear him on the album.

I've tried getting into the Transplants several times, myself... I like the dynamic, and it's fun beats... but Skinhead Rob's YELL AT YOU style of rapping always turns me off.

On a different note... the new Rancid album is very good. Pretty much what you'd expect from them, it fits nicely into their catalog.

I love the Transplants, more for their 1st album then the 2nd one, but its still good. Never listened to Tims solo stuff and have yet to hear their new album. I dvr'd the episode of Conan they were on the other week, and the damn thing stopped right as the song started..

I'm basically a fan of Tim Armstrong...my username, that I've used since I was like 16, actually came from his name on the Operation Ivy albums Lint..yea its lame but like i said, I've used it for about 12 years now and I've been too lazy to think of a new one.

Have the Downfall demo from between Operation Ivy and Rancid and think its kinda meh..same goes for Basic Radio, the band he was in before Operation Ivy..its rather meh also