NAIWF Domination '06 (for TEW 05)

http://rapidshare.com/files/251709812/NAIW...on__06.rar.html

The link to the scenario is above

------------------------------------------

http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index....c=72491&hl=

This is an up to date take on the original scenario I created in late '05 or early '06. I've received a few requests to update over the years and recently finished it for TEW 08 which you can take a look at up there if you want. This scenario is set for January 1st, 2006, but I decided that the NWA Americas experiment was NOT going to happen here because it made the game more constricting than this version with the split in place. Instead you get a chance to play as either NWA: Hardcore City, NWA: Memphis or WCCW which leads to more battling between them as well as NWA: Mexico City & NWA: Tokyo.

PROMOTIONS

* = a major promotion which will have its own history detailed for you to work with

Deep South Wrestling - WCCW Development Territory

NWA: Anarchy

NWA: Calgary Stampede*

NWA: Cyberspace Wrestling Federation

NWA: Hardcore City*

NWA: LLPW (Lovely Ladies Pro Wrestling)

NWA: Memphis*

NWA: Mexico City*

NWA: Quebec

NWA: Tokyo*

NWA: UK Hammerlock

WCCW*

MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIPS

Every NWA Worldwide branch with the exceptions of DSW (feeder fed), and the women's promotion (LLPW) have their own version of a heavyweight title. Some branches also have Tag Team titles and other secondary belts as well. However, the only way for wrestlers to end up being in contention for shots at either the NWA World Heavyweight, NWA World Cruiserweight or NWA World Tag Team titles is to be voted on by the NWA Executive Committee. Every year, the Committee analyzes which promotions should serve as the "homebase" of the three World titles although the champions are free to travel to any branch (except for DSW & LLPW) to make defenses of their titles as long as that branch has a televised event. In other words, the champions do not compete on house shows.

-------

Since this didn't take that long to update, I'm thinking of just making the necessary tweaks to bring the 2009 version of the scenario to TEW '05 in the next week or two since it's now freeware and more people can play it. I just figured that people who played the old scenario may prefer to see this take first and it was also much easier to do this than to add the newer promotions and all of the new workers, contracts, networks, TV shows, PPV providers etc.

It really is an interesting scenario and I will surely give it a go soon.

Some things I noticed:

retired workers don't always have their physical attributes set well even if they supposedly retired due to injuries:

Megumi Kudo, Momoe Nakanishi, Bret Hart (unsure?), Steve Borden (unsure?), Terry Funk (unsure?)...

Things I want to comment on:

- Why isn't Shane McMahon in the dataset? I mean.. Vince McMahon died.. ok. But Shane? I don't really understand and would like to see him somewhere as a wrestler, manager and possible owner. I don't know.. Trying to pursue where his father failed?

- Where's Kelly Kelly?

- No goldberg? couldn't he be in as a low-level wrestler that never made it big and moves from small feds to small feds without ever becoming big and with his bad attitude. Something like an Ultimate Warrior that never made it big.

- In fact.. Where's the Ultimate Warrior?

- Owen Hart relationships aren't set.

If you plan on adding workers here is a list I would really like seeing (maybe I didn't find them?):

Kacey Diamond

Kana

Markos Estrada

Crystal Louthan (she was hilarious in TNA)

Yumi Fukawa

John Morrison (is he in?)

Primo Colon

Chuck Norris (as a wrestler or a retired one at least? that would be pure gold lol)

The Great Khali

Portia Perez

Lacey Von Erich

Montel Vontavious Porter (is he in?)

John Cena (is he in?)

Taylor Wilde

Pierre Carl Ouellette

Starlight Amy

Hiroka

What are your plans with this version? Do you still do update for it or plan on really bringing the 2009 version of your scenario to TEW05? Will the 2009 version get updated too?

Edited by magik

It really is an interesting scenario and I will surely give it a go soon.

Some things I noticed:

retired workers don't always have their physical attributes set well even if they supposedly retired due to injuries:

Megumi Kudo, Momoe Nakanishi, Bret Hart (unsure?), Steve Borden (unsure?), Terry Funk (unsure?)...

Things I want to comment on:

- Why isn't Shane McMahon in the dataset? I mean.. Vince McMahon died.. ok. But Shane? I don't really understand and would like to see him somewhere as a wrestler, manager and possible owner. I don't know.. Trying to pursue where his father failed?

- Where's Kelly Kelly?

- No goldberg? couldn't he be in as a low-level wrestler that never made it big and moves from small feds to small feds without ever becoming big and with his bad attitude. Something like an Ultimate Warrior that never made it big.

- In fact.. Where's the Ultimate Warrior?

- Owen Hart relationships aren't set.

If you plan on adding workers here is a list I would really like seeing (maybe I didn't find them?):

Kacey Diamond

Kana

Markos Estrada

Crystal Louthan (she was hilarious in TNA)

Yumi Fukawa

John Morrison (is he in?)

Primo Colon

Chuck Norris (as a wrestler or a retired one at least? that would be pure gold lol)

The Great Khali

Portia Perez

Lacey Von Erich

Montel Vontavious Porter (is he in?)

John Cena (is he in?)

Taylor Wilde

Pierre Carl Ouellette

Starlight Amy

Hiroka

What are your plans with this version? Do you still do update for it or plan on really bringing the 2009 version of your scenario to TEW05? Will the 2009 version get updated too?

If you look in the major changes text you can see some of your questions answered there, but I'll try to hit them all again. I didn't care much about the physical stats of injured people since I set them as retired. If people wanted to "unretire" them, I didn't want to cripple those workers and make them useless. I guess the same could apply to the people who are dead in the scenario as well.

Shane never got involved in wrestling after his dad died.

Kelly Kelly is in the update and wins the 2008 WCCW Diva Search.

Goldberg's gimmick went to The Laughing Man (Hugh Morrus/Bill DeMott) and his streak went to The Giant.

I had no use for Warrior and cut him.

John Morrison is Johnny The Body in Memphis

Primo Colon is Eddie Colon

Portia Perez is in the update on the Mexico City roster

Lacey Von Erich is in the update on the WCCW roster

Montel Vontavious Porter is Antonio Banks, he's got a bigger role in the update

John Cena is Johnny C-Note in Memphis

Taylor Wilde is in the update on the Mexico City roster as Shantelle Taylor

Pierre Carl Ouellette is Carl Ouellette

I'm going to update this so that it's as close to the TEW 08 version as possible, but I don't know about doing any further updates simply because I only do them one year at a time and don't know if I'll want to work on it anymore.

Thanks a lot. :)

I'm happy to see I missed most of these wrestlers and that they're in.

I'm sorry for requesting again, but if Vince died in 1999 and Stephanie is there I'm disappointed that Shane McMahon isn't there even as having left the business.

I'll really be following news on your most recent version of the scenario as I really like it. This one is also awesome and I will probably play a game with it sometime in the future.

Thanks a lot. :)

I'm happy to see I missed most of these wrestlers and that they're in.

I'm sorry for requesting again, but if Vince died in 1999 and Stephanie is there I'm disappointed that Shane McMahon isn't there even as having left the business.

I'll really be following news on your most recent version of the scenario as I really like it. This one is also awesome and I will probably play a game with it sometime in the future.

Shane is working for Donald Trump. I think I forgot to mention that. I may put him in the database for the update since Trump & NWA: NY come back.

Just a quick question, should the DSW guys been contracted to WCCW as well? Considering DSW is WCCW's Development Territory and if you are playing as WCCW you can't call up the DSW guys.

Just a quick question, should the DSW guys been contracted to WCCW as well? Considering DSW is WCCW's Development Territory and if you are playing as WCCW you can't call up the DSW guys.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think if I sign them to WCCW and DSW that you would be paying for them twice since IIRC the parent company pays the developmental's bills. I can't set them under developmental contracts like I could in '08 and really don't know how to work around this problem. Every person in DSW should be willing to sign with WCCW and then be moved back, and as far as I can tell that's the best way to set it up. I wish I could do a better job, but I don't know how.

As seen in: C:\Program Files\GDS\TEW2005\Help\stat_pact.html (or in this help file coming with TEW05)

Relationship Type

There are four relationships. "Parent Company" means that one promotion has a child relationship to another. This does not mean they are owned by the larger company, it means that they agree to be sent workers to be trained. In the editor, the promotion on the left hand side is always the parent.

What I'll be doing in the 2009 data is set the FCW contracted roster to Exclusive P.P.A. Contracts. This way, they can be sent down to development, they are owned by the parent fed (WWE) and can be offered a written contract if they get recalled. Also, they don't cost too much to get sacked if the player wishes to do so (a bit like a developmental contract I guess?).

The only problem is that the player will have to select what he does with these workers at the start of the game as they will appear in the WWE roster at the start of the game.

I'm just telling my idea, I didn't find the space to make it like TEW08 too and it seems weird seeing them get released by the developmental fed playing as WWE without having them really in the roster.

* T-Zone and FORC went with your idea though.

Edited by magik

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to bump some, but any chance there's another mirror for the scenario? Rapidshare hates me.

I don't have a mirror, but I can e-mail you the files if you send me a PM.

The pictures should be part of the RAR package under the People folder.

I know, but it's just easier for me to e-mail it to him instead of taking the time to upload it to another site if no one else is having problems with Rapidshare. It took almost an hour to upload it on RS in the first place.

Nice job on this, having some great fun playing it. (Y)

I have a few questions, but eh, some of them I'll probably solve by myself, although one of them is bothering me.

Where is Icarus in the game?

Gran Akuma's tag team partner in F.I.S.T, formally Ichabod Slayne, couldn't find him under either name. He was one of the first Wrestle Factory students, and all the other graduates of the factory (Well, all who graduated before 2006 anyway) are in the game.

Just noticed that WCCW still has a few events from the America's promotions (eg, November 2 Remember, Anarchy Rulez, Final Resolution) that are (at least in previous version of the game) Memphis and Hardcore City events.